Duality, Dharma, and the Brain

https://www.buddhistdoor.net/features/duality-dharma-and-the-brain

At the same time, while living in a society where the majority of people are unlikely to have transcended duality, it may be useful for practitioners to keep in mind some basic yet firm level of dualistic distinction, such as respecting personal space and not violating other peoples’ boundaries just because now they perceive that “all is one.”

3 Likes

Really excellent article. It demands a close reading (or two).

On a side note…I find the illustration of the three channels interesting as it is the only one I have seen that shows one of the side channels actually connecting lower than the other at the “Secret” Chakra.

2 Likes

I had to laugh at this because, the people I’ve encountered who have no sense of personal boundaries and space have been people who have zero sense of oneness. Haha I would argue that those who understand oneness, also have a heightened sense of sensitivity towards energy therefore extra aware of their impact on people…

Great article, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

He seems to be referring to “Spiritual Bypassing” I think.

1 Like

There is an interesting reference to the nine purification breaths that we should be doing at the start of our Six Yogas sessions, such as my personal daily Trulkhor/Tummo sessions. Here we breath alternately through each nostril.

I have become a bit lazy with that as I have seen it as a way to clear the air passages for balanced and even inhalations…so I skip it if I am already experiencing even breathing. This new perspective implies that the Nine Breaths also unifies brain function.

3 Likes
1 Like