Hello from Carol in Kansas City

My name is Carol and I’m glad to connect with other dreamers. I remember my dreams pretty easily, and have had about ten lucid dream experiences in my life. I’m 58 years old. For the last three years, I’ve been practicing meditation/contemplation and recording my dreams.

The journey has been very interesting. I’m looking forward to connecting–listening and learning more from other dreamers–and sharing some of my experience too.

I bow to the efforts of Andrew Holocek, Ken McLeod, Pema Chodron and so many other teachers.

4 Likes

Great to have you here. What happened three years ago to get you started on this path?

2 Likes

In a nutshell, it started with a defeated conversation I had with a friend as a result of the 2016 Trump win. When I asked her, ‘What can we do?’ she said she was at a loss too, and suggested that Pema Chodron had some practical ideas. I asked her who Pema Chodron was–and WOW! I got introduced to the dharma.

One of Pema Chodron’s retreats (I attended virtually) revolved around the topic of bardos–and it was through her teaching that I was introduced to Andrew Holocek’s work as an expert in this area. I became an instant admirer. I’ve applied some techniques from Andrew’s Dream Yoga book and have a lot to learn.

4 Likes

Andrew has a new workbook coming out this week and it’s a “prequel” to his other books. Ordering information is here. I like trying all sorts of techniques and this promises to be “The Kitchen sink.”

2 Likes

Thanks Barry! Good to know. Appreciate your interest and warm welcome. Have a terrific evening.

3 Likes