ॐ Mantras That Move You

This being my first topic to start a thread.
The Tara mantra:
Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Om Mani Padme Hum
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes
Om

The “Om” mantra, often written as “AUM,” is one of the most recognized and significant mantras in various spiritual traditions, particularly Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. It is considered the primordial sound, the original vibration that contains all other sounds and the energy of the universe. It is often the opening sound for sacred texts and mantras and is pronounced with a slow, elongated “O” sound followed by a vibrational “M”.

Each of the three phonetic components of “AUM” represents a different aspect of the divine. The sound “A” symbolizes the beginning or the waking state; it’s the initial sound in most Sanskrit words. The “U” connects to the dream state and maintains the universe, representing vibrational energies. Finally, the “M” represents the deep sleep state and the end or dissolution, bringing the cycle back to nothingness or the infinite.

Chanting the “Om” mantra is said to have both spiritual and healing properties. Spiritually, it’s a meditation tool, providing a focal point for the mind and promoting inner peace, mental clarity, and a deeper understanding of oneself and the universe. On a physical level, the rhythmic pronunciation and vibration are believed to have a calming effect, slowing down the nervous system and calming the mind similar to meditation. When chanted in a group, the mantra can also help in creating a sense of unity and harmony among the practitioners.

Soham Shivoham

This Mantra expresses the experience of knowing the self, knowing that we are all pure consciousness, personified by SHIVA.

“Soham Shivoham” is a powerful Sanskrit mantra composed of two phrases that are individually significant. “Soham” translates to “I am That” and “Shivoham” means “I am Shiva.” Together, this mantra delves into the philosophy of identity and unity with the universe.

“Soham” signifies the idea that all individuals are united with, and essentially are, the universal consciousness. It’s a reminder of the innate capability of every person to sync with the universe’s rhythm, reflecting the belief that one’s true self (the Atman) is nothing different from the cosmic essence (Brahman).

“Shivoham” expresses identification with Lord Shiva, a major deity in Hinduism who represents the pure, unchanging, infinite, and formless reality. By saying “I am Shiva,” the practitioner declares that they are not the body, ego, or personal experiences but instead the timeless, boundless divine.

When combined, “Soham Shivoham” is a profound meditation and affirmation. It helps individuals peel away layers of ego and illusion to realize their inherent divinity and unity with the cosmos, embodying the principles of oneness, self-realization, and inner peace. It’s about breaking through the confines of individual identity and embracing the universal life force that is present in all beings.

Aham Brahmasmi

“Aham Brahmasmi” is a Sanskrit mantra from ancient Indian texts, and it translates to “I am Brahman” or “I am the universe.” This profound statement is not about associating oneself with a particular entity but rather recognizing that at the most fundamental level, you are not separate from the cosmos and the divine consciousness that permeates it. It’s a reminder that the essence of your being is the ultimate reality, the foundation of the universe, and inherently connected to all of existence. By internalizing this mantra, individuals often seek to transcend a limited sense of self and experience oneness with the universe, fostering a sense of peace, completeness, and understanding of their true, boundless nature.

Hari Om Tat Sat

“Hari Om Tat Sat” is a multi-layered mantra in Hinduism, each segment having profound significance, contributing to its overall spiritual and philosophical meaning.

1. “Hari” refers to a name of Lord Vishnu, who is considered the maintainer or preserver among the Hindu trinity (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva). “Hari” also means “remover” in Sanskrit, implying God’s ability to remove pain and affliction from the devotee’s life. It often represents compassion, grace, and loving-kindness.

2. “Om” is the universal sound, the essence of ultimate reality, or consciousness. It is believed to be the sacred syllable that preceded the universe and the audible expression of the cosmic spiritual truth.

3. “Tat” means “that” in Sanskrit, pointing towards the Absolute Reality, Brahman, and indicating its transcendence, being beyond the immediate perception and beyond the realm of the physical senses.

4. “Sat” translates to “the truth.” It refers not only to logical truth but to the ultimate truth that is unchangeable and eternal. It is the reality behind everything in existence.

When combined, “Hari Om Tat Sat” transcends literal meaning and represents an acknowledgment of the divine reality. Chanting it is an expression of respect towards the supreme truth and a way to seek harmony with the eternal principle. It’s often used at the end of prayers or religious ceremonies as an assertion of the sincerity and truthfulness of the practice, offering the merits gained during the practice to the divine reality. In a meditative context, it helps in focusing the mind, embracing a higher level of consciousness, and connecting with universal truth beyond the physical and mental realms.

Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo

“Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” is a sacred mantra from the Kundalini Yoga tradition, often chanted at the beginning of a practice session. This mantra is known as the Adi Mantra or the “Tuning in” mantra, and it helps practitioners prepare their mind and spirit for the yoga or meditation session ahead. Here’s a breakdown of its meaning:

1. “Ong” is a variation of “Om” or “Aum,” considered the sound of the infinite and the vibration that symbolizes the divine energy, or Shakti, that permeates the entire universe.

2. “Namo” means “I bow” or “reverential salutation.” It represents humility and the willingness to lower one’s ego in the presence of the divine.

3. “Guru” translates to “teacher.” In a broader spiritual context, it refers to the wisdom and teachings that lead a person from darkness (ignorance) to light (awareness).

4. “Dev” means “divine” or “of God” and signifies a level of spiritual subtlety and heavenly grace.

5. “Namo,” as previously mentioned, is the act of salutation or prostration.

When put together, “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” can be interpreted as “I bow to the divine wisdom, the divine teacher within.” This mantra is used to tune into the higher self, the divine teacher within us all. It seeks to respectfully acknowledge the inner wisdom and guidance every individual carries and sets the stage for a practice (like yoga or meditation) that is spiritually connected and guided from within.

By chanting this, practitioners believe they can connect deeper with the universal consciousness, gain support from the divine wisdom within, and create a sacred space for their practice. It allows individuals to center themselves, focus on the present moment, and approach their practice with reverence and consciousness.

Dhanvantari

“Dhanvantari” is not a mantra in itself but refers to the divine figure of the same name in Hindu tradition. Lord Dhanvantari is considered the Hindu god of medicine and health, and he is regarded as the originator of Ayurveda (the traditional Hindu system of medicine). He is often depicted holding a pot containing the elixir of immortality, called amrita, and is believed to support healing and wellness.

However, there are mantras associated with Lord Dhanvantari that practitioners use for seeking blessings for health and healing. One such mantra is the Dhanvantari Mantra, which is chanted to seek blessings for good health and healing. It goes like this:

“Om Dhanvantaraye Namah”

or a longer form:

“Om Namo Bhagavate
Dhanvantaraye Amritakalasha Hastaya
Sarvamaya Vinashanaya
Trailokyanathaya
Shri Mahavishnave Namah”

The simpler version, “Om Dhanvantaraye Namah,” can be translated as “Salutations to the being and power of the Celestial Physician.” This is often chanted with the intention of securing overall health and vitality and during prayers for healing from illnesses.

The longer version calls upon Dhanvantari as the preserver of health, the destroyer of all diseases and negativities, and the lord of all three realms (heaven, earth, and the netherworld). It honors him as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu (the preserver within the Trinity in Hindu mythology) who sustains life with the nectar of immortality.

Chanting the Dhanvantari Mantra is believed to help in enhancing one’s mental, physical, and emotional health, invoke the blessings for longevity and overall well-being, and aid in the healing of specific ailments. It’s particularly chanted during Dhanteras, a festival associated with health and wealth in India, and by health practitioners and individuals seeking to maintain good health.

Kleem

“Kleem” is a one-syllable Sanskrit mantra known as a bija (seed) mantra, a vibrational sound used in meditation and yoga practices to activate certain energy centers or chakras in the body. Bija mantras are short, potent sonics that are considered to invoke divine cosmic energies.

The “Kleem” sound is associated with the goddess Maha Kali, who represents empowerment, or the god Krishna, who embodies divine love. However, it’s more universally associated with the energy of attraction or even magnetism. Here’s a more specific breakdown:

1. Attraction: “Kleem” resonates with the energy of attraction and desire. It’s believed to draw people, possessions, and opportunities to the person chanting it. It’s often employed for its believed capacity to help manifest material gains and create strong relationships or emotional ties.

2. Energetic Alignment: On a more esoteric level, “Kleem” is said to align individuals with the vibrations of the universe, essentially attuning a person’s energetic frequency to that of the broader cosmic energy. This is often associated with personal magnetism and charisma.

3. Heart Chakra: The mantra is also linked with the Anahata or heart chakra. Chanting “Kleem” is believed to open or clear blockages in this chakra, aligning the individual with energies of love, compassion, and harmony, thereby promoting balanced relationships and an open-hearted approach to life.

It’s important to note that while “Kleem” and other bija mantras are believed by practitioners to carry intrinsic power and energy, they are often most effective within a broader spiritual or meditative practice, approached with respect and understanding of their cultural and historical contexts. As with many spiritual practices, the experiences and results tend to vary widely among individuals.

Om So Hum

“Om So Hum” is a combination of profound elements from ancient Sanskrit, often used in meditation practices to deepen self-awareness and promote a sense of unity with the universe. Let’s break down its meaning:

1. “Om”: This is a sacred sound and a spiritual symbol in Indian religions. It signifies the essence of the ultimate reality, consciousness, or Atman (soul, self within). It is the cosmic sound that initiated the creation of the universe, representing the union of mind, body, and spirit.

2. “So Hum”: This phrase is intrinsically linked to breath and consciousness. “So” is the natural sound of inhalation, and “Hum” corresponds to exhalation. Together, they mean “I am That” (that = the Universe or the divine energy). It’s a way of identifying oneself with the universe or the ultimate reality.

When you combine the two into “Om So Hum,” it amplifies the mantra’s concept, combining the acknowledgment of one’s connection to the universe (So Hum) with the deep, eternal vibration that permeates existence (Om). This mantra is used in meditation to focus the mind and connect one’s individual consciousness with the harmony of the universe.

By silently chanting “Om So Hum” in sync with your breathing during meditation (inhaling “Om,” exhaling “So Hum”), you acknowledge your own divinity and the connection to the bigger universal energy. The repetitive sound vibration is meant to calm the mind, deepen the breath, and create a sense of peace and focus, helping practitioners experience a deeper, more profound inner tranquility and an enhanced sense of oneness with all creation.

Hum Hi Hum Brahm Hum

“Hum Hi Hum Brahm Hum” is a mantra from the Kundalini Yoga tradition, often used in meditative practices to experience unity with the divine consciousness. It carries profound philosophical and spiritual significance. Here’s a breakdown of its meaning:

1. “Hum Hi Hum”: This phrase translates to “We are We,” emphasizing the self’s existence not as separate entities but as part of a collective consciousness. It’s about recognizing the self in others and others in the self, highlighting the non-duality aspect of existence.

2. “Brahm Hum”: These words mean “We are the Divine,” or more specifically, “We are part of the universal consciousness.” “Brahm” refers to Brahman, the ultimate reality or universal consciousness in Hindu philosophy, and “Hum” indicates “We are.” It’s a statement of unity with all that is, an expression of being part of the cosmic whole.

When combined, “Hum Hi Hum Brahm Hum” affirms the concept that not only are we all interconnected, but our true nature is divine. The mantra is often used in meditation to help dissolve the ego’s illusion of separateness, allowing individuals to feel their existence’s interconnectedness and unity with the divine cosmos.

By meditating on this mantra, practitioners aim to go beyond their perceived identity (bound by name, form, and individual ego) and realize their truest essence as part of the universal consciousness. This practice can foster profound inner peace, compassion, and an expanded sense of empathy and belonging, as it encourages seeing the divine in oneself and every being.

One of my personal favorites:

3 Likes

From a past thread . . . .

I’ve been listening to this video/audio below for about a week and sending it to friends to enjoy as well. Listening to it has been instructive and uplifting. It’s a concert version of the 100-Syllable Mantra that I promised my wife I’d learn, one the most profound mantras in Tibetan Buddhism. Luckily, there is a short version, so I’m covered. Thought I’d share it here too.

I knew that to learn the Mantra musically was the only way I could learn the 98 out of the 100 unknown (to me) syllables. I do know two. The short version kicks in around 6:25 and I’ve already learned that. All four syllables. Progress. I liked the way the vocalist had the audience participate and recite the short version, which can be a great benefit for them when they learn about it. More about the 100 Syllable Mantra.

3 Likes

@mbready … wow such a great list of Mantras, simply displayed & explained!
Can see why the Shiva Manta is powerful. Are you a follower of Shiva?
Futuristic cities! Was reading a book today Dreams Of The Future by Chet B Snow to do with hypnotising people & taking them into the future.

@_Barry … Beautifuly sung, love it ! Did you learn the very long Mantra for your wife?

I too find Mantras easier to remember if heard with music, especially if the tune resonates with me.

This Mantra is the one i often wake up singing. Or catch myself in the day sunging.

2 Likes

I somewhat follow anything and everything that resonates with me, regardless of religion, etc. I had one very powerful experience I’ll never forget with Lord Shiva in one of my lucid dreams. That could be why I resonate so much with that mantra.

Cool synchronicity with the book. I made a couple more, but the one above was my favorite.

There was significant synchronicity with your return to the forum. Within a couple of days after you came back, I had a very powerful lucid dream in which I met a being in some sort of Buddhist robes, sitting in the lotus position. He had one person kneeling before him in prayer. I approached him, stood behind the person praying, bowed my head to him, and he smiled, then flew out of the building. Outside, I felt inspired to say the prayer that asks God to bring heaven to Earth, and as soon as I finished the prayer, there were about 20-25 lightning bolts striking a building repeatedly from the sky. I flew over to where they were hitting, and there was concrete with numbers and letters that kept getting overwritten with every lightning strike.

I thought it was a very cool dream, and it resonates with the being @_Barry linked to as well so I thought it was worth sharing.

What a beautiful cosmic web we all weave. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Awsome thread. I know so little about these, so consider all these vidoes and Mantras a big gift. :star_struck:

Thank you

2 Likes

THE DEEPEST OM || 108 Times || Peaceful OM Mantra Meditation

(really powerful, hit me the deepest of all these:)

15 Minutes OM Meditation

OM Mantra Chants ✜ 1111 Times

stole this one from @mbready

3 Likes

Stole this video from @fenwizard , its really good, their voices almost remind me of that one Autralian instument that I dont know the name of but makes a really cool unique sound:

Overtone Singing & Deep Voice Chant with Tibetan Monks

A+ sounds, I only wish I could edit out the one guy who makes randomn “ho” sounds, like he stumbed his toe and is in pain. lol, its really distracting from the harmony.

This is the instrument:

Didgeridoo Sound | Australian Instrument

Did not realize it is technology that is over 40,000 years old!

3 Likes

Wow! @mbready thank you so much for sharing your dream! Its incredible!

I wonder who the Lama was in your dream. His smile at you i think means he knows you. The person in front praying maybe suggesting this for you in the future? The synchronicity of me returning & me being a Buddhist, could be signing you returning to Buddhism, maybe from a previous life :thinking:

The “Heaven on Earth” for me suggests Awakening to full conscious awareness. Numbers & symbols in dreams/visions/daily life are big signs to look out for.

In my dream language this means:
20 -25= duality to non duality.
Lightning strike=Devine insight, truth
Buildings=the subject matter, or something starting to build.

Totally agree here!
Who is Barry’s link?
A great cosmic web :+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit: forgot to add:

I think of myself as an accidental Buddhist as my path took me there, but like you i enjoy all expressions of Spirituality. I love this mantra Mooji sings.
Mantra: Shankara Karunakara. Jagdeeshwara Parmeshwara.
English Translation: I praise you Lord Shiva, the destroyer of all doubts, who is pure compassion and joy.

3 Likes

@NightHawk999

All the Om mantras u posted are so beautiful.

3 Likes

Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo

Ong Namo means, “I bow to the Divine wisdom of All That Is.” Guru Dev Namo means, "I bow to the Divine teacher within.

Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu.

May All Beings Everywhere Be Happy and Free.

3 Likes

Just listened to the interview with Krishna Das, i thought a beautiful wise humble soul.
KD~“I’m a devotee to my Guru.”
4:33 Krishna Das talks about Mantras.
"The practice that I do in India is called The Repetition Of Devine Names … "
“Moving you more deeply into your true nature”.
16:10 KD gives an instruction how to listen to mantras.

3 Likes

longer version:

3 Likes

really like this one:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting you posted this Om Mani Padme Hum because it always brings memories of Kathmandu Boudhanath Stupa. This video is almost identical to footage i took when visiting. The shop on the right as you approach the Stupa plays this on a loud speaker so any videos have this as the sound!

3 Likes

Gorgeous Temple, very cool that it is bathed in that song.

3 Likes

Most powerful protection against negative energy | Green Tara Mantra | Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

"Reciting praises of Green-Tara is a simple and beneficial practice that anyone can do.
The only qualification needed is some degree of faith in the Goddess. As one recites, one visualizes Her either in front of oneself or above one’s head, with the attributes described in texts and taught by gurus, and perhaps others one has deduced. She is not flat like a painting, but with as many dimensions as one can visualize; not static and opaque like a statue, but intensely alive and made entirely of light, brilliant and with every detail sharp yet all transparent. Even far off, one senses Her presence through the waves of calm radiated by Her perfect inner peace, making our worldly troubles seem insignificant.
The main Tārā mantra is the same for Buddhists and Hindus alike: “Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā”.
It is pronounced by Tibetans and Buddhists who follow the Tibetan traditions as oṃ tāre tu tāre ture soha. The literal translation would be “Oṃ O Tārā, I pray O Tārā, O Swift One, So Be It!”
Recite in the mind, until you’re tired, this mantra of ten syllables. First we place an OM , and then after that we add TARE, After that TURE and TUTTARE, finally SVAHA.
Within Tibetan Buddhism Tārā is regarded as a bodhisattva of compassion and action. She is the female aspect of Avalokiteśvara and in some origin stories she comes from his tears.
She is known as the Mother of Mercy and Compassion. She is the source, the female aspect of the universe, which gives birth to warmth, compassion and relief from bad karma as experienced by ordinary beings in cyclic existence. She engenders, nourishes, smiles at the vitality of creation, and has sympathy for all beings as a mother does for her children. As Green Tārā she offers succor and protection from all the unfortunate circumstances one can encounter within the samsaric world
"

4 Likes

really like this one:

"
This is a very important chant of Buddhism. These are the Three Jewels of Buddhism. Buddham Sharanam Gachchami means-

Buddham Sharanam Gachchami - I take refuge in Buddha (The enlightened one),
Dhammam Sharanam Gachchami - I take refuge in Dhamma (Dharma- the method He gave),
Sangham Sharanam Gachchami - I take refuge in Sangha (association of seekers)"

3 Likes