ॐ Mantras That Move You

@NightHawk999 lovely explanation.
Love this Tara mantra…

being what inspired me to make as my 1st post in this thread.
Here is another that i saw last night.

3 Likes

Totally thrilled when this was playing at the entrance of Bodhgaya, in the same voice used in the TV series.

3 Likes

Black Tara Mantra, Destroyer of all Evils and Enemies; Chanted 108 Times

3 Likes

A+++++++ love this one:

Buddha Amitabha Mantra to Reborn in The Pure Land - Tibetan (Om A Mi De Wa Hrih)

2 Likes

Great one, thanks for sharing! My reiki instructor always works with Tara. Also my sister. Will recommend this one to them.

3 Likes

(10 hour version)

Great Mantra to just listen to and even paint by. I loved the comments on YouTube!

3 Likes

P.S. My wife does this Mantra daily for long life and health. She told me the story and liked the music, although the Mantra itself is quite short.

3 Likes

really beautiful: :heart_eyes:

Namo Amituofo Mantra

"Namo” - is a transliteration from Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language. It signifies ”to take refuge/homage/adoration.”

“A mi tuo” - is the transliteration of the Sanskrit word “Amida” which means “boundless” (无量, “wuliang”).

“Fo” - is the Chinese word for “Buddha”.

Cantonese Chinese: Namo Amituofo — (or just “Amituofo”)

Japanese: Namu Amida Butus

Vietnamese: Nam Mo A Di Da Phat

English: Amitabha Buddha (or Buddha of Limitless Light)

They all mean: “I pay homage to Amitabha Buddha”.”

Amitabha Buddha” stands for the “Buddha of Infinite Life and Infinite Light.”

The Amitabha Sutra has this to say:

This Buddha’s light is boundless, illuminating the lands of the ten directions without obstruction. This is why he is called Amitabha.

According to Mahayana Buddhist sutras, Amitabha Buddha was, in very ancient times and perhaps in another system of worlds, a king who, having heard the exposition of the Dharma by the then Buddha of that time, Lokesvaraja Buddha, rejoiced in his heart and awakened aspiration for the highest, perfect enlightenment. He renounced his kingdom and throne, and became a monk named Dharmākara, which means ‘Treasury of Dharma’.

He went to see Buddha Lokesvaraja, who revealed to him the radiance of twenty-one billion Buddhas.

He then reflected deeply for five kalpas and decided on the practices to establish his Buddha realm.

After that, he went to the Buddha, and made forty eight great vows for the saving of the sentient beings. The Eighteenth Vow, which is the basis of the Pure Land, ran like this: ‘If upon the attainment of Buddhahood all sentient beings in the ten quarters who aspire in sincerity and faith to be reborn in my land, recite my name up to ten times and fail to be born there, then may I not attain the Perfect Enlightenment…’

He then cultivated and accumulated merits and virtues over inconceivable, countless eons. As the vows and practice were accomplished, the Bodhisattva Dharmakara, attained the most supreme, inimitable and magnificent illumination and became the Buddha Amitabha.

This means that his grand and infinitely compassionate vow is now a reality, the paradise known as Pure Land or Sukhavati has been established, suffering beings must and will be delivered if only they will have the full faith to call upon his name. Such is the inevitability of karmic cause and effect.

Calling the Buddha’s name with full faith is known to the Chinese as ‘NIEN-FWO’ meaning ‘Prayer-recitation’. The Japanese term for this practice is known as ‘Nembutsu’. In this practice three important qualities must be present in the mind: Sincerity, Faith and Aspiration to be reborn in the Pure Land. The simple prayer or formula that one needs to repeat is: “NAMO O-MI-TO FWO”

The words Namo Amituo Fo (Praise to Amida Buddha) are a mantra. Mantras are used widely throughout many schools of Buddhism. It is a mantra that when continually repeated begins to seep into the unconscious mind and takes effect.

Karmic obstructions over countless lifetimes prevent us from realizing our true nature. Once they are removed then we can find it infinitely easier to walk the road towards out true nature. The Great Vow becomes our road to true freedom.

Amitabha’s Name consists of merits and virtues that are immeasurable and boundless, inconceivable, profound, esoteric, splendid, wonderful, and unsurpassed.

The Sutra of Amitabha’s Fundamental Esoteric Powerful Dharani explains the meaning of Amitabha’s name — “A-Mi-Ta” in a verse:

The syllable “A” means all Buddhas in the Ten Directions and Three Times;

The syllable “Mi” means all bodhisattvas;

The syllable “Ta” means all 80,000 sacred teachings.

All [merits and virtues] are sufficiently contained within the three-syllable name.

The sacred word Amituofo contains innumerable sublime teachings, hidden in and springing forth from those words. Reciting the Buddha’s name purifies and stills the three karma’s of body, speech and mind.

Amitabha Buddha’s vast name, endowed with myriad virtues, is like a huge furnace. The many karmic offences that we living beings commit are like snow flakes falling through the air. When ordinary beings laden with karma recite the Buddha’s name, their karma melts away, just like snow flakes entering a furnace. In that way the karma disappears entirely.

The Meditation Sutra teaches:

A single wholehearted recitation of Buddha Amitabha’s name will obliterate all the heavy karma committed in [eight billion eons] of Birth and Death.

The very fact that a person practices Buddha Recitation shows that he already has many good roots, merits and virtues.

If Amitabha’s name can enter through our ears, it plants the seed for our enlightenment and achievement of Buddhahood. Those who “hear of Amitabha Buddha” are therefore known as good men and women.

A magical elixir transforms iron into gold;

Amitabha-recitation turns the ordinary into the sacred"

4 Likes

Namo Tassa Bagawato Arahato Samma Sam Buddha Sa

3 Likes

@_Barry … Wow a 10 hour version!

I agree! I didn’t know it before, as it had popped up after id been listening to other Mantras on YouTube from this thread.

:blush: i thought you might! Like in another post, i too read the comments & loved them!

A beautiful synchronicity :revolving_hearts: After listening 1st time i too resonated with the mantra, it has a deep warmth to it therefore understand its power and why your wife uses it for “long life & heath”.

3 Likes

A+ video, A+ mantra:

Mantra Of Avalokitesvhara

4 Likes

This ones different, but kind of catchy:

Buddhist Mantra- Namo Amitabha- Pure Land

4 Likes

Not the most harmonious but I like that she gives an introduction:

Amitabha Buddha MANTRA | Guided Amitabha Buddha Mantra Recitation & Visualization | Master Miao Jing

2 Likes

@NightHawk999

Check the link . . . . .

2 Likes

What link?..

1 Like

Love this one:

:heart_eyes:

Migtsema Lama Tsongkhapa mantra beautifully chanted with stunning meditative images

" MIG.ME TZE.WAI TER.CHEN CHEN.RE.ZIG DRI.ME KYEN.PAI WANG.PO JAM.PEL.YANG DÜ.PUNG MA.LÜ JOM.DZE SANG.WAI DAG GANG.CHEN KAY.PAI TZUG.GYAN TSONG.KHAPA LO.ZANG DRAG.PAI ZHAB.LA SOL.WA DEB. You are Avalokitesvara, great treasure of unimaginable compassion,And Manjushri, master of flawless wisdom,And Vajrapani, Lord of the Secret and destroyer of hordes of maras without exception. Tsong Khapa, crown jewel of the sages of the land of snows,Lozang Dragpa, I make requests at your lotus feet. OM AH GURU VAJRADHARA SUMATI KIRTI SIDDHI HUM

The benefits of the powerful Migtsema prayer or mantra is well-documented by many great teachers of the Gelug lineage — including H.H. Dalai Lama, H.E. Lama Zopa Rinpoche, H.E. Zasep Tulku Rinpoche. Its beauty and simplicity and benefits are near-legendary. For busy people, Lama Tsongkhapa’s practice is particularly efficacious, as it combines three major practices in one meditation. “After I pass away and my pure doctrine is absent, You will appear as an ordinary being, Performing the deeds of a Buddha And establishing the Joyful Land, the great Protector, In the Land of the Snows.” -Buddha Shakyamuni in the Root Tantra of Manjushri Of course, this Great Protector in the Land of Snows was Lama Tsongkhapa. Virtually all Tibetan Gelugpa teachers teach this very powerful, yet accessible praise and mantra. The Migtsema does not require initiation or empowerment—although the guidance of a teacher and initiation are beneficial. As the embodiment of three Buddhas — Avalokiteshvara, Manjushri, and Vajrapani — Lama Tsongkhapa’s practice and mantra is particularly effective for Buddhist practitioners. Simply chanting the Migtsema, (chant along with the magnificent voice of Yoko Dharma in the video below!) can have many benefits, from healing to increasing your love and compassion, to insights and wisdom."

3 Likes

[quote=“NightHawk999, post:36, topic:8978”]
What link?.
[/quote

says Video unavailable

Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner

If you want it to play in the thread maybe find an alternative source. Just an observation . . .

2 Likes

Ah, I see what you are talking about, will try to link it again here, but the video itself may be preventing websites from playing it:

Yeah looks like it is preventing it. Even so, you can still click “Watch on youtube” and the video will pop up.

3 Likes

21 Taras powerful Dharani Mantras in Sacred Sanskrit as taught by Buddha, beautifully chanted

"Tara 1 Heroic Red Tara Pravita Tara / Rabtupa We Drolma:
namastāre ture vīre
kṣaṇa dyuti nibhekṣaṇe
trailokya nātha vaktrābja
vikasat kesarodbhave

Tara 2 Moonlight White Tara Chandra Kanti Tara / Karmo a Dang Ge Drolma:
namaḥ śata śaraccandra
sampūrṇa paṭalānane
tārā sahasra nikara prahasat
kiraṇojjvale

Tara 3 Golden Color Tara Kanaka Vana Tara / Ser Mo Serdok Chen Ge Drolma:
namaḥ kanaka nīlābja-pāṇi
padma vibhūṣite
dāna vīrya tapaḥ śānti titikṣā
dhyāna gocare

Tara 4 Golden Tara of Crown Victorious Usnisa Vijaya Tara / Tsug Tor Nam Pal Gyal We Drolma:
namas tathāga toṣṇīṣa
vijayā nanta cāriṇi
aśeṣa pāramitā prāpta
jina putra niṣevite

Tara 5 Tara Proclaiming the Sound of HUM / Hum Svara Nadini Tara / HUM Dra Dolpi Drolma:
namas tuttāra huṅkāra
pūritāśā digantare
saptaloka kramākrānt niḥśeṣ
ākarṣaṇa kṣame

Tara 6 Tara Victorious over the Three Levels of the World / Trai Lokya Vijaya Tara / Jig Ten Sum Lay Nam Par Gyal We Drolma:
namaḥ śakrā nala brahma
marud viśveśvar ārcite,
bhūta vetāla gandharva gaṇa
yakṣa puraskṛte

Tara 7 Tara Who Crushes Adversaries/ Vadi Pramardani Tara / Golwa Jompi Drolma
namastriḍiti phaṭkāra
parayantra pramardini
pratyālīḍha padanyāse
śikhi jvālā kulojjvale

Tara 8 Tara Who Gives Supreme Spiritual Power / Mara Sudana Vasitottama Da Tara / Wang Chug Terwe Drolma:
namasture mahāghore
māra vīra vināśini
bhṛkuṭī kṛta vaktrābja
sarva śatru niṣūdini

Tara 9 PRINCIPLE GREEN TARA: Tara of the Khadira Fragrant Forest / Khadiravana Tara / Seng Ding Nag Che Drolma:
namastrīratna mudrāṅka
hṛdayāṅguli vibhūṣite
bhūṣitā śeṣa dikcakra
nikara-sva-karākule

Tara 10 Tara Who Dispels All Suffering / Soka Vinodana Tara / Na Nyen Me Pi Drolma
namaḥ pramuditoddīpta
mukuṭākṣipta mālini
hasat prahasat tuttāre
māra loka vaśaṅkari

Tara 11 Tara Who Summons All Beings and Dispels Misfortune / Jag Vasi Vipan Nirbarhana Tara / Dro Wa Gug Pa Am Pungpa Sel We Drolma:
namaḥ samasta bhūpāla
patal ākarṣaṇa kṣame
calada bhṛkuṭi hūṃkāra
sarvāpada vimocini

Tara 12 Tara Who Grants Prosperity and Brings about Auspicious Circumstances / Kalyana Da Tara or Manga Laloka Tara / Tashi Nang We Drolma:
namaḥ śīkhaṇḍa-khaṇḍendu
mukuṭā bharaṇoj-jvale
amitābha-jaṭā-bhāra
bhāsvara-kiraṇa-dhruve

Tara 13 Tara the Complete Ripener Pari Pacaka Tara / Young Su Min Par Zed Pi Drolma:
namaḥ kalpānta huta bhuga
jvālā mālāntara sthite
ālīḍha muditābaddha
ripu cakra vināśini

Tara 14 Wrathful, Shaking and Frowning Tara Bhrkuti Tara / Tro Nyer Yo We Drolma:
namaḥ karatalā ghāta
ćaraṇa hatabhūtale
bhṛkuṭī kṛta hūṃkāra
sapta pātāla bhedini

Tara 15 Tara the Great Peaceful One Who Provides Virtues and Goodness Maha Shanti Tara / She Wa Chen Mo Am Gelek Ter Wi Drolma:
namaḥ śive śubhe śānte
śānta nirvāṇa gocare,
svāhā praṇava saṃyukte
mahā pātaka nāśini

Tara 16 Tara Destroyer of All Attachment Raga Nisudana Tara / Chagpa Jom Pi Drolma:
namaḥ pramuditābaddha
ripu-gātra prabhedini
daśākṣara pada-nyāse
vidyā-hūṃkāra-dīpite

Tara 17 Tara Accomplisher of Joy and Bliss / Sukha Sadhana Tara / Dewa Drub Pe Drolma:
namas ture pādaghāta
hūṃkārākāra bījite
meru mandharva vindhyaśca
bhuvana trayacālini

Tara 18 Victorious Tara Who Increases Realizations / Sita Vijaya Tara / Rab Tu Gye Pi Drolma:
namaḥ sureśarākāra
hariṇāṅka kara sthite
tārā dvirukta phaṭkāra
aśeṣa viṣa nāśini

Tara 19 Tara, Extinguisher of All Suffering / Dukha Dahana Tara / Duk Ngal Sek Pi Drolma:
namaḥ sura gaṇā dhyakṣa
sura kinnara sevite
ābaddha muditābhoga
kari duḥ svapna nāśini

Tara 20 Tara, Source of All Powerful Attainments / Sidhi Sambhava Tara / Ngyu Drob Jung Pi Drolma:
namaś candrārka sampūrṇa
nayana dyuti bhāsvare
hara dvirukta tut-tāre
viṣama jvara nāśini

Tara 21 Tara of the Perfection of Wisdom and Compassion Paripurana Tara / Yong Zog Jed Pi Drolma:
nama stritat tvavi nyāse
śiva-śakti samanvite
graha vetāla yakṣa gaṇa
nāśini pravare ture"

Longer version:

4 Likes

@NightHawk999 thanks for sharing this mantra :purple_heart:

beautiful :blossom:

Coincidentally the Manjushri Prayer is the tune i told you about that for a week every morning i woke humming.
Listen to Suplication To Manjushri by KuroKuma_70 on #SoundCloud

The Sakya Lineage passes from father to son (they marry). I had not heard abt HH Sakya Trizen until reseaching this Mantra from this soundcloud tune i was singing. 2017 his son was made the throne holder & visited UK a month later where i fortunately met him (see profile pic).

Sakya Trizin Ngawang Kunga - Wikipedia.

3 Likes