Meditation Retreat Recommendations?

HI All! During Andrew’s last book club he talked about the importance of meditation and going into retreat. Are there any places that Andrew (or you all) recommends for retreat in Colorado or California?
Thank you!
Jen

1 Like

Let me see what I can find for you!

Thank you very much for looking :wink:

I am involved in another retreat April1-3. If I register would I be able to replay all the sessions from this Pure Land retreat?

So sorry for the delay! I haven’t forgotten!

The recordings will be available for 6 months!

@_Barry do you have any suggestions?

1 Like

Not for Colorado or California. I’m a New Englander. Andrew has a week-long retreat at Robert Thurman’s Menla (Phoencia, NY) at the end of July, and Charlie Morley will have a retreat at Omega Institute (Rhinebeck, NY) at the end of October. He has an online workshop "Healing the Inner Child" April 30-May 1. There are others here on the East Coast, but I’ll bet if you search you’ll find many available in the West. For example, a quick search finds that Rupert Spira, a well-known and often quoted figure in the field, has Seven Day Retreat at Mercy Center, CA – 23rd to 30th October. Just keep searching. I’ll bet other NC members will have suggestions as well.

1 Like

Drala Mountain Center (formerly Shambhala Mt Center)
And in California, Spirit Rock

Check out the website for these centers for retreats in those two locations. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Barry - I am just now reading Being Myself by Rupert Spira, so perhaps this is a good sign his retreat is near me in CA!

2 Likes

In case you missed it, Andrew has a retreat in Colorado in August.

1 Like

I think getting away and being by yourself in nature is one of the best things you can do for your mind, soul, body, and spirit.

I don’t know of any retreats. I honestly have never been on one. But I have a good deal of time camping out in nature. If you are able to tolerate living in a tent or hammock for a few days, I definitely think it pays off big dividends. Retreats are a fantastic way to connect to nature, but I feel roughing it in the woods is far more intimate with nature.

Either way, California has got to be chalk full of hundreds of beautiful spots for retreat and camping. Hope you find some great spots.

2 Likes

Not 100% sure, but I think that retreat may be sold out. Have to double check.

1 Like

" Meditation Retreat Recommendations?"

On my bucket list is to do a retreat that is 100% silent. Just meditation, and quiet, no talking allowed. I know they are offered in some places, not sure where though

1 Like

Vipassana retreats in the tradition of Ubakin/Goeinka-ji are 9.5 days silent. There is most likely a center near you. Many in the Night Club have participated in Vipassana retreats and from my personal experience, highly recommend it. I know Andrew had done at least one as well.

1 Like