Not Minding What Happens

Andrew sometimes quotes J. Krishnamurti’s response to questions about his secret for living. Here’s a bit more explanation.

5 Likes

Easy to say and interesting to practice. Bought the wrong color paint for painting the deck outside the house yesterday and it came out looking pink. Trying hard not to mind.

4 Likes

@_Barry Great! The pink color can be your daily reminder to practice openness and acceptance! :rofl: But in the end it all depends on what your wife thinks about it!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. She’s not too happy. We’re going to sell the house and it is not her ideal shade for the deck that she sent me out to buy.

1 Like

oh no… are you gonna strip the color or leave it as it is?

1 Like

Hmmmm…pondering the “inner alignment with the present moment”.

Since perception lags behind awareness by 250 milliseconds, the present moment is a moving target. :wink:

Perhaps the realization that there actually is no identifiable “present moment”…or that there is a ceaseless unfolding of an infinite present moment…makes it even easier to not mind what happens.

Thanks for this, Barry.

4 Likes

Repainted wife’s color but expect big snowstorm tomorrow.

1 Like

I think of Andrew’s writing about the power to say NO to the imperceptible but very real unconscious decision-making that makes up the flow of our “now,” and that cultivating an attitude of not minding what happens is an achievable landing space to aim for.

2 Likes

That makes great sense…I like it.

I have been watching that New England storm on the computer models…looks like Massachusetts and New Hampshire get hit pretty hard. Hope you don’t mind a bit of snow happening, Barry.

1 Like

Steve, miraculously the snowblower is working (18+ years old, voted in the last election) and the paint seems to be a-drying well. Stars shining. No minding.

1 Like

I did a one-breath meditation. Then another. And yet another after that.

3 Likes

Just a non-lucid dream that ended with insight.

1 Like

This is fantastic Barry… And being fully aware of not minding what happens… Thanks… Pink must lie somewhere between Vairochana and Amitabha - very nice…Maybe the next buyers will have four-year-old twin girls who will insist on buying the house based on that aspect alone :pray:t4::raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Repainted from shocking pink to boardwalk reddish. Currently has patches of eaten and ready-to-eat sunflower seeds.

I have a sneaking suspicion that somebody is feeding the birds. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Birds, chipmonks and squirrels, some with tails, some have lost their tails. All welcome.

1 Like

We still go by our old, unsold house, so my wife can feed the animals sunflower seeds and kibble because there are no animals around our new abode.

2 Likes

Aren’t all memories are “old memories?” We’ve been shopping at Bumps 'R US.

1 Like