Q+A w/Andrew | 95 | July 13th, 2023

Transcript → Q+A w/Andrew | 95 | July 13th, 2023

Submitted questions:

• Should death be feared?

• What are the karma results of dying by stopping water and food? I have a friend that is planning this who has Alzheimer’s disease.

• Is lucid dreaming happening ‘within human mind’? If someone manage to transform him/herself into a butterfly for example, would the person be able to see perceptions as a butterfly or would him see perceptions as human being with a body of a butterfly?
    Regarding lucidity in deep dream (clear light), does it happen withing a human-being mind or is it in a subtler form of mind which is beyond human?

• Is the 49 day rule for reincarnation set in stone for all Buddhists, or can souls reincarnate before or after that period? How was it determined? I heard of a Monk who was such pure spirit that his soul reincarnated into 5 people at the same time, is it theoretically possible to reincarnate as more than 5 people, like 100, or 1000, or even as all humanity at once? Is death kind of like the latter renicarnation, but way bigger, a reincarnation into infinite spirit, or the vast “entropic soup” that can connect to all living beings? Is this how dead Monks are able to give teachings in dreams?

8 Likes

Awesome thank you for posting this, one of the best/deepest Q&As I have seen.

A+++++++

3 Likes

Thank you so much for recording this.

From what I read one day, in the Sufi tradition, when some masters intuitively sensed their passage was near, they would dig a hole in a sacred outdoor space (in the mountains I think) and be there for the last days of their lives. Simple and powerful :slight_smile:

I love Andrew’s playfulness and depth.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Who wouldnt want to spend their last moments in nature? Sounds like one or the best ways to exit the body. For me, a bonfire cremation would be prefered out there over a hole though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

yes, a bonfire cremation with people singing…
perhaps with some friends saying some funny stories about me :slight_smile:

3 Likes