The Lives of the Realized (index in first post)

In the spirit of the popular Christian book Lives of the Saints, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread where we can post various biographies/ hagiographies of realized people from all the world’s religions. I find reading about the lives of realized people to be encouraging and motivating in my own spiritual journey, so maybe this thread can become a helpful resource for people who are looking for some spiritual inspiration.

Buddhism

The Buddha: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #2 by _Barry

Guru Rinpoche: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #9 by NightHawk999

Milarepa: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #8 by NightHawk999

Dogen Zenji: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #14 by Bucket

Xuan Zang: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #15 by Bucket

Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #23 by _Barry

Hinduism

Ramakrishna: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #11 by Bucket

Chaitanya Mahaprabu: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #12 by Bucket

Lal Ded: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #13 by Bucket

Shirdi Sai Baba: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #22 by _Barry

Sikhism

Islam

The Prophet Muhammad: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #4 by NightHawk999

Jalal al-Din Rumi: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #19 by Bucket

Judaism

Abraham: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #5 by NightHawk999

The Ba’al Shem Tov: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #18 by Bucket

Christianity

Meister Eckhart: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #17 by Bucket

Saint Joseph the Hesychast: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #16 by Bucket

St. Clare of Assisi: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #31 by Bucket

St. Thérèse of Lisieux: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #33 by Bucket

Indigenous Religions

Black Elk: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #20 by Bucket

Tecumseh: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #24 by NightHawk999

Greco-Roman Religion

Apollonius of Tyana: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #21 by Bucket

Greco-Roman Philosophy

Marcus Aurelius: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #25 by NightHawk999

Daoism

Lao Tzu: The Lives of the Realized (index in first post) - #30 by mbready

Zoroastrianism

7 Likes

Great idea. You might add the series on the Life of The Buddha.

•There is also an excellent film Milarepa, but it ends as part 1, with him seeking his teacher. Part 2 was never made .

Index/Top

4 Likes

Genius topic, very happy you started this!

I am especially interested in learning about the lives of the Prophets.

This thread points out there are so many unsung Heros in history with deep connections to God. And each of their biographies can in a way be used as a ‘Map’ to God.

4 Likes

0:02 / 42:42

History Channel: Biography of Muhammad The Prophet

2 Likes

Who was Abraham in the Bible?

The Complete Story of Abraham: The Father of Nations

3 Likes

Wow so great many movies to watch! So many movies, so little time. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve seen the Dogen film, it’s a great one!

5 Likes

Amen brother :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Milarepa: The Great Tibetan Tantric & His Enlightenment – Sadhguru

3 Likes

Quantum Buddha Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava Documentary & mantras 108 times chanted w visualizations

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for posting!

I’m gonna reorganize the OP into an index that links to everyone’s posts. That will make it easier for people to find specific figures or people from specific traditions.

3 Likes

Ramakrishna

4 Likes

Chaitanya Mahaprabu

3 Likes

Lal Ded

3 Likes

Eihei Dogen Zenji

3 Likes

Xuan Zang

3 Likes

Joseph the Hesychast