Using art processes to heal the lucid dream narrative (formerly "Swarm")

_Barry

Magnificent!

1 Like

My personal memory stream (this lifetime) goes back to the decolonization of Africa in the 50s with cataclysmic quakes in later years in Biafra, Rwanda, Cambodia, Bangladesh—amongst others, yet if one believes—as I do—that we have taken form before and will again, then we have all been wrapped up in this crap for aeons. That’s why developing the Bodhicitta mindset and practices as described in Shanti Deva’s A Gudie to the Way of the Bodhisattava is the most useful way to deal with so many of the blemishes/horrors of the world as we encounter it.

1 Like

True, I can’t see any other way either

2 Likes

I saw a redtailed hawk fly down from a tree and grab a small prey a few days ago. A week weeks ago saw 2 deers on 2 separate nights. These are 2 of my favoite animals.

1 Like

I wonder if this category about “Swarm” could be renamed to
“Using art processes to heal the lucid dream narrative” or something like that for those that find value in applying art as another way to deal with lucid dream-revealed life issues? Its all about healing and awakening anyway. And to get others that use art for this means to reveal what they are dong too.

2 Likes

I think that is a highly probable motive as well for the attack. The only reason my gut gave me a hunch that it was the mob targeting your son, was that the mob will go after anything and everything people love in order to send a message. Nothing is sacred to them.

Have you seen the movie The Dark Knight? One of my personal favorites, I think it illustrates well just how infinitely dark human behavior can be.

I truely dont know what the motives of the attack was, I was basing my interpretation of the events of your premontion dream with the wasps. With the wasps representing hostile locals (the mafia, the gangs, the currupt juctice system, and possibly currupt police). All their sting attacks sent your life tumbling head over heals in many ways, just like in the dream.

Have you read the book A Mind At Home With Itself by Byron Katie?

Would highly recommend it. Her methods of deconstructing thoughts and memories that cause us a greal deal of pain are brilliant. I had to read it 3 times to fully grasp the depth of the teachings, but it was well worth it!

Whatever the case of the motivations behind the attacks, I heard a really powerful statement in Andrews video the other day:

He said that when devastation and chaos hits our lives hard, part of us should rejoice, because this is Karma coming to fruition. Meaning whatever bad karma we have accumulated over our life, (and or in our past lives), is riping. By enduring it, and paying that painful price, it is somewhat like wiping the slate clean, and rebalancing the scales. He quoted a famous Rinpoche that said:

" Chaos should be regarded as incredibly good news."

I agree with you 100% that what they did to the historic building was wrong, and detrimental to the village.

This makes me very very happy to hear! I am very proud of you for your bravery and strength. That powerful energy deeply resonates and is very inspirational in helping others on their paths.

1 Like

Great idea.

I am excited to see other members works, and hear the stories behind them.

1 Like

Hey, someone in the admin just changed it! Thank you!

2 Likes

Also another thing to consider is that indigenous people often use curses and negative forms of shamanism, especially if they feel powerless against people that they perceive as having more power. The anthropologist Michael Harner, identified core aspects of shamanism found in cultures throughout the world, and the removal of curses is one of the most common aspects. Such curses may manifest in the dream as the attack of wasps. (Tibetan Buddhism also has a shamanic element which was taken on from the native Bon religion).

2 Likes

I agree 100%. I also think that these curses can be done BOTH actively (like you said) and passively. A passive curse would be one of the people being very upset, and the dead ancestors witnessing this pain might retaliate as an act of revenge or ‘protection’. Kind of like guardian angels.

This is why believe she and her son were lucky to escape that place with their heads still attached to their bodies.

2 Likes

@Carolel

Have you checked out the Dream Sharing group on here.

I think the woman leading the group is also an artist and skilled lucid dreamer.

I have not participated in any of the groups yet, but I think Imwill be checking that one out.

2 Likes

No, I haven’t gotten into any groups yet, but will soon

2 Likes

Last weekend I went camping, at night while sitting by the dying bonfire, with jupiter and moon overhead, the forest half bathed in darkness and half in moonlight, in the grass firefly like bugs on the ground ( i had never seen before not sure the name) were glowing and communicating with eachother in a biolumenescent like Morse code. and desperatley wanting to remember the entirety of that moment, your artwork came to my mind…

It reminded me that 2 years ago I had actually decided to sketch down some of my favorite memories from my life. I had COMPLETELY forgot about those sketches! They are primative and colorless, but I will try to dig up that journal, and share a few drawings. Thank you for the reminder, hopefully I can find it, and ressurrect that creative and deeply meaningful process.

While I dont think any of those sketches were designed to heal directly, The main reason I started it in the first place was so I could relive the powerful memories, immortalze them, and refer back to them in times of hardship.

Thank you.

1 Like

Ever try watching for UFOs? One of my friends has seen a couple in our area over the years and every so often I’ll go outside my home in the early morning and see what the sky will bring. I have spoken to others with similar viewing experiences, enough folks to tweak my motivation. We can get a pretty good starry night sky in our rural area, but nothing like you can see at higher altitudes, away from all artificial light.

1 Like

No UFO yet, but I did see a shooting star, maybe that was a UFO, who knows?

The bugs that were glowing were glow worms, or the juvenile form of lightning bugs. Was really cool to see them flash at eachother, much more active, and seemed a little brighter than their adult forms.

Have not found the journal yet, but will post the pic when I do.

1 Like

So that is a different style of healing, using a drawing for preparation of the What If that awaits in the future that can surprise and derail.

“glowing and communicating with each other in a bioluminescent like Morse code. and desperately wanting to remember the entirety of that moment, your artwork came to my mind…”

What a good use of the wasp torment. Little by little the wasp attack memory is softening and transitioning by exposing it to light and transparency. And for you, they have become fireflies.

2 Likes

Yes I agree, but thought it was in the same ball park of using art to heal. If you are in a negative state of mind, sometimes just putting a pen to paper can be enough of a distraction to lighten the load or possibly even completely alter your mental state.

The end result being at least an immortalized positive memory, and at best a transformation of states of mind. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

2 Likes

How about saying it’s a twofer? :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @DreamingFromHere, this was my wasp hive psychic attack intense lucid dream that created chaos in my lucid dream practice. I like yr process, more workable and giving. Hope you can see this image, the Reply doesn’t attach to the comment that it refers to in these forums. So please scroll up to the beginning of this thread.

2 Likes

@Carolel , how has your dreaming practices been lately? Have you seen improvement?

1 Like