Using art processes to heal the lucid dream narrative (formerly "Swarm")

I haven’t posted in ages so here is a fast drawing that I made after this dream:
A man that I have known for a long time (only in the dream) appears to me, very beaten up with his face broken and stitched back, especially across the nose. I am stunned to see him so wounded and then realize that I have always loved him, that I have actually loved him for years, unknown to myself. I feel intense love in this dream.

3 Likes

Does he speak, or do you read his thoughts? Could he be a representation of the male side of yourself?

2 Likes

That is a very interesting question. No, I don’t believe that he interacted with me, but his wounded presence awakened this understanding that I had always loved him

2 Likes

Then why not try contact him?

1 Like

Do u mean to intentionally dream him again or an aspect of him?

3 Likes

Yes, ask him about himself. By your description there is some connection. If you feel it would be useful to know, why not go for it?

2 Likes

I was wondering this as well. I think spending a few weeks trying to incubate a dream and reconnect and interrogate is great advice.

@Carolel

Not sure what the dream means, but I think the wounds are worth noting, as is the intense love, and other strong emotions and vividness of the dream.

2 Likes