A guide to the wise old woman spirit guide

Here’s a subset of 13 of the 35 dreams of the-wise-old-woman-of-the-forest spirit that has been guiding me since 2016. Looking at these again, my depression at the start is still palpable to me. This series shows the progression from her first appearance to her lawn chair stance at the end of the year 2022. She comes and goes but is always affirming and benevolent. I believe she appeared when I was ready to see her and needed her.

12/4/2016 : The first appearance, 10 months after my mother died.
I’m telling people that there’s an old woman that lives in the forest inside a hut made of brambles. She has the answer. I have no flashlight and the path is pitch black. This old woman has lived there forever. She is NOT my mother. No one wants to come along.

1/5/2017: I’m with a man in the forest. I’ve brought him here to meet her. I’m looking for the wise old woman but she’s not in her hut. The hut is now a pile of layers of cardboard and wood. It looks like a homeless shelter, but it’s solid all the way through – a mound of generations.

3/13/2018: There’s a sleeping dragon in the wise old woman’s brambles hut. My dog Mattie and the old woman are there too.

8/1/2018: I’m in a clothes shop where I find the bonnet that belonged to the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest. It’s now my turn to wear it. Her face appears in the shadows in the back of the bonnet.

8/18/2018: My dog Mattie is running circles around the hut I inherited from the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest. It’s sprouted leaves and blossoms. Positive energy abounds.

9/23/2018: I’ve returned to the site on the hill where the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest had her hut and laid down in the grass. I feel her below me in the earth. A new building frame marks the spot.

2/23/2019: I’ve returned to the old-woman-of-the-forest’s hut only to find that in its place is her tomb/monument. I’m raking up around it now that I am caretaker for the site (custodian of her knowledge.)

5/12/2019: I see a swimming pool of white rabbits. The wise-old-woman-of-the-forest stands by as a lifeguard on duty.

11/14/19: I’m showing people the site of the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest’s hut; an earthen grassy mound – a redoubt. Standing on top, “The view is better than ever,” says Tom (my husband). I put red swords around it for visitors to use. The site is now a national park. Men are standing around it in a circle.

2/4/2022: My white wedding dress (No. 48 in the series of white wedding dresses, a symbol of becoming wedded to the Self) is laying down in the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest’s hut.

6/18/2022: The wise-old-woman-of-the-forest is the Virtruvian woman inside my hive. She is me.

12/9/2022: I have returned to the path between the two hemispheres of my brain. I’m blown away as I see wasp hives dangling from all the trees around me, everywhere. They are full of universal energy. They are quivering as they gather round me on my path through the woods. In the dream I know this is the collective unconscious. They are saying hello to me. Come to find out that the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest arranged for this to happen.

12/28/2022: I’m walking down the sidewalk when I see the wise-old-woman-of-the-forest sitting in a lawn chair on the corner of an intersection. “What are you doing here?” I ask. I look back at her and in response she is now a black woman. I go for coffee.

I think negative emotions can sometimes be a good thing, even though in the moment they are often unbearably painful. That pain often can showmus that things in our life need to change, or things in our minds (the waynwe interpret life) needs to change, or both.

The mound shape, hut shape of her home definitely stands out to me. It kind of reminds me of a baby in the mothers (mother natures) belly, gestating.

The dragon is an easy symbol, power and strength can be found with her wisdom. They also harber the element of fire, which has occured many times your other dreams, and is a very powerful supymbol for knowledge, wisdom, and illumination.

The rabbit swimming pool is very surreal and baffoling to me lol. The only thing I can think of is rabbit symbolize fertility or abundance, and the monochrome whiteness of all of them could symbolize purity, or together ‘abundant purity’. Might be a stretch but this new year is the year of the rabbit.

Mounds were very sacred to many Native American tribes, many were used as burial sites, residences, and or ceremonial sites. The tallest ones were often reserved for the highest ranking members of their society, or their spiritual leaders.( See: Monks Mound in Cahokia, largest ‘pyramid’ in the USA.) Their sacredness and the fact that it increases your visiability definitely ties into the wisdom symbolism.