Conimicut Point dream

1/16/23 DREAM:

My spirit guide, The-Wise-Old-Woman-of-the-Forest, is standing on the point at Conimicut Point Beach (RI). She is aligned with the light house and its beacon and she’s looking at me. Drawing the dream reveals the Shadow. Our foursome is an aligned continuum.

1/14/23
This dream was prompted by watching the
Marie-Louise von Franz Interview that @_Barry posted here
This Marie-Louise observation stuck with me;
“Is the Self dreaming of you or are you dreaming of the Self?”
Yes! Both at the same time.

In my dream journal I then asked The Self, ”What does this look like visually, in a dream?” This becomes the prompt for the next night’s dream.

1/15/23
Location: The placement in this dream is so perfect. Tom and I take our dog Mattie to Conimicut often. We were just there yesterday. It was built in 1868 and marks the mouth of the Providence River as it empties into Narragansett Bay. At low tide the sand bar is almost completely exposed and curves out to touch the lighthouse. It was the first light house to be built in the water in RI.

1/16/23 Dream notes:

This was a morning liminal dream. It got me out of bed. This is a response to my question.

Four energies come together here;

1. The lighthouse in the water = The Self. The Providence River makes me think of course about the meaning of the word providence; “God or nature as providing protective or spiritual care” via Google. The ocean as the great collective energy. It shows me itself as a white circle inside of a yellow circle emminating light.

2. Spirit guide (the wise old woman) stands at waters edge at the tip of the point. She straddles land and sea; straddling the unconscious (ocean) and the land (conscious ego Self). She is the liaison between us.

3. Drawing extends the dream. It’s part of it. I draw it while I’m still in the liminal state. I could see that the wise old woman was back lit by the beam emanating from the lighthouse, which would of course cast a shadow in front of her… aha! The Shadow reveals itself through the drawing process. (That’s so perfectly shadow of it to do it like that.) It too is aligned in the grouping. It is also the spirit guide who, because of where she is standing, shows me the Shadow (just like in the dream where she is the crossing guard - see here.)

4. I’m experiencing this dream from the beach, from my ego self’s consciousness but we are all aware of each other simultaneously, from each of our own vantage points. We’re dreaming of each other. Together we are oneness. I know this while dreaming. Thank you to all! I feel deep gratitude for this oneness.

2 Likes

Have you watched Slumberland on Netflix? A lighthouse figures prominently in the story as does a young girl, dreaming, dream guides and a search. It is an excellent show, well worth watching!

3 Likes

That place is so cool and so beautiful, very jealous you are so close to it!

I cant help but mention the parallels between this dream and the one you had last week with her and the shadow:

In both, both she and the Shadow are blocking the path in a way. Almost like she is saying this is very important for you to see.

In this dream it appears like the shadow is blocking your path, to both the wise lady and the light house.

This may be a completely wrong interpretation. But one of the things the lady said in the dream video is that dreams communicate to us what we dont know and need to know, they show us our blind spots which we are not consciously aware of.

It seems to me like you are pretty consciously aware of the alignment and integration aspect, as you shared in this dream and the last. I wonder if there is an aspect or aspects of the shadow that you still are blind to, which the wise lady and the light house is trying to point out to you. The fact that she is looking in the direction of the shadow, as is possibilbly the light house, might support this claim.

One way to test this theory would be to either incubate a dream, asking your mind to show you something about your shadow that you are blind to. Another would be to become lucid, and ask the dream itself, or call on the wise lady and ask her, or do both on separate occassions, and see if there are any similarities in the responses.

I dont think the symbolism for the light house can be overstated enough. These structures are disigned to soley to protect people and vessels from serious harm, destruction, and death. Perhaps there is some part of your shadow that is still unconscious, that could damage your vessel in the future, if not illuminated?

This may also be symbolised in the unique geography of the dream: The shadow being revealed clearly on the land with the temporary parting of the waters (the unconscious), when the waters rise back again it is much less visible on the surface of the water.

1 Like

No, but I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I love this, thank you for the feedback. The alignment is indeed obvious to me now. My ego likes to pat itself on the back for this but what now? It did occur to me that the Shadow is on the beach in front of me for a reason. There is something I am not seeing or I’m avoiding. Yesterday, throughout the day I was asking the guide to show me… what’s next? What do I need to attend to?

Last night’s dream took me back to unresolved family relationships. My three siblings and mother ditch me at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. They don’t notice I’m not there, it’s of no concern to them. Dad is absent. They have a meal together without me, then the lights go off in the museum and it’s now completely dark inside. I’ve left my wallet/my identity/my value there and can’t find my way back to my sister’s house. Fuck. There’s a floatilla of beautiful, old old old, ancient boats parading down the Charles River but there’s no way back to my family. I’m alone. This makes me so sad. Note: My mother on her death bed told me she’d had one too many children – that was me. Guess I have some work to do there.

2 Likes

How about hugging the shadow?

2 Likes

Everyones ego does this, but not many people recognize it. It is very important and evolved ,that you caught that and that you asked for further guidence. Equally as powerful is that you were answered with such a potent dream.

"Last night’s dream took me back to unresolved family relationships. My three siblings and mother ditch me at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. They don’t notice I’m not there, it’s of no concern to them. Dad is absent. They have a meal together without me, then the lights go off in the museum and it’s now completely dark inside. I’ve left my wallet/my identity/my value there and can’t find my way back to my sister’s house. Fuck. There’s a floatilla of beautiful, old old old, ancient boats parading down the Charles River but there’s no way back to my family. I’m alone. This makes me so sad. "

WOW. I am very amazed by how the dream answered you with such a clear response. That is something you should take great pride in, not many people have the gift to communicate so clearily within their minds. A true treasure to be sure.

I think these unresolved relationships would wiegh very heavily on the shadow of any person, and it would not surprise me if the negative feelings get triggered in times of loss, or other similar unpleasant senarios.

In the dream it almost feels like you are a ghost, invisble to your family, invisible to the museaum, and lost in the world.I think the dream can be summed up with key themes of loss, neglect, and deficit and with the statements like “I am not worthy” or “I am not cherished or of value”.

I wish I had an easy solution to this, I dont. All I can say is that when you see your value truely and clearly for what it is, it does not matter how others behave toward you. Much easier said than done. If you look at it from a perspective of projections, can you see how your sibblings and your mother may have been projecting their own lack of worth onto you? People who are deeply at peace and happy and fullfilled do not treat other peoplle in nasty ways like they did to you.

This might be a really good question to ask Andrew about in the book club this week, or in the next Q&A next month. "How do you get over past abuse and neglect from family members? " And “How can you use dreams to help with Shadow work?”

“Note: My mother on her death bed told me she’d had one too many children – that was me. Guess I have some work to do there.”

That is really horrible. I am very sorry she was so toxic.

I find it helpful to count your blessings in situations like this. And when the time is right you may even be able to look at this family history as a blessing: ‘God, thank you for teaching me about how cruel and nasty people can be from a young age, and how dark and deluded the human mind and humanity can get’. It may seem like a foolish or absurd thing to be greatful for, but consider the antithesis. Imagine a life where it was the perfect family, and there was no conflict and no struggle. What do you think life would have been like when you entered the real world with all of its atrocities? Sometimes adversity can give us armor and an education aboit human nature, that helps protect us in the future. It also will make you appreciate real love and appreciation in relationships, and real friendships, and real compassion all the more deeper.

Also might help to think of how much worse it could have been. Not sure if you read the book A Child Called It, but there are some really horrifying cases of child abuse all over the world. Even a stable roof over our heads and clean clothes and food to eat every night are not garuntees in many childrens life.

The fact that you have a dialogue going with your unconsciousness and a spirit guide is really monumental, very few people are given either of these blessings. I think the more you listen and the better you become at communicating, you will continue to see big progress.

1 Like

Thank you for this. You are very generous with your time and attention.

I am aware that I’m experiencing an intersection in my psychic life where the wise old woman is available to me, like REALLY present. Holy cow! The dreams are SO responsive right now, a sweet spot for exploring new territory, in no small part because of your coaching. I’m trying to keep the pace of these dreams going so I’m repeating several steps during the day to engage my Self, including posting here. It’s working.

In last night’s dream I’m in the Charles River, a continuation of last night’s venue, with the ancient flotilla of boats from the previous dream. I want to swim with them or past them but there are too many oars in the water. The oars sit statically in the water and obstruct my passage and I end up treading water in place. Oh, God that’s just how it is.

The heavy, dense boats are dead in the water, offering only deafening silence. It feels claustrophobic with the water full of old, heavy, abandoned iterations of myself – old ways of thinking about myself, old ways of being. Yuck. This is NOT the way out! I think this is wise old woman’s way of saying, “Ok. Here we are. This is our starting point going forward. “ Here we go!

Incidentally, my life is so good now I can’t believe it. I’ve never been this calm or open. I do believe that this is allowing the wise old woman to come forward. I am blessed!

2 Likes

Interesting that you picked up on this. I am a ghost. Hiding my heart to protect it has been a lifelong strategy.

2 Likes

Interesting thought. Ever see the movie “A Ghost Story” with Casey Affleck? The central premise is one of being attached to someone or some place until the ghost is able to let go. It’s a very strange movie but has an interesting take. With that perspective, perhaps there is someone or some place you have not let go of but are working on doing that?

1 Like

Yes, indeed… siblings.

2 Likes

For sure. I hope you can help share your gifts with others, and help them cultivate their dream gifts as well.

This is very inspiring to see.

I think the ships may symbolize thoughts and emotions, vessels that carry information across the conscious and unconsious minds.

Do you ever find yourself bogged down by repetitive thoughts and or emotions? I am wondering if the ships symbolize old thoughts, thought patterns, and old emotions and emotional patterns that no longer serve you, and are still cluttering your conscious and unconscious mind (symbolized by the water and floating on the surface of it)

Again there is a theme of obstruction in your path, you are trying to swim with them in harmony, rather than into them or against them.

I think that we are both interpreting this dream very similarly.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like