🖤 Crows are self-aware just like us, says new study

From the article:

It’s no surprise that corvids — the “crow family” of birds that also includes ravens, jays, magpies, and nutcrackers — are smart. They use tools, recognize faces, leave gifts for people they like, and there’s even a video on Facebook showing a crow nudging a stubborn little hedgehog out of traffic. Corvids will also drop rocks into water to push floating food their way.

3 Likes

highly intelligent

2 Likes
2 Likes

This was the synchronicity I had with you earlier in the week I just couldn’t remember it at the time. I had a dream with a raven and some girl then like 3 dreams later i woke up and checked the forums to see this thread. Noted it as a loose premenition then, but when the two bird synchronicities linked the events together it became a one for me. Dream talk or something strange :blush:.

2 Likes

That is really awesome bro, crows and ravens have a rich history in human history and mythology through many cultures. Curious to know if you remember what happened with the dreams that involved the crows?

@DreamingFromHere had a really cool experience with a ‘murder’ of crows in herr backyard, hundreds of them gathering. I think she also had some dreams about them too. Have to try to find her posts for thoee.

1 Like

"Crow and Raven

In animal symbolism, crows and ravens are often interchangeable—if one is associated with a characteristic, the other often adopts the same characteristic. However, in some aspects, they differ. For example, crows represent those who like to be around other people, while ravens prefer solitude. Both share the characteristic of vision and prediction, meaning prescience and precognition. They are also intuitive and clever, going hand in hand with foresight.

The Romans certainly believed they had these powers, since birds were vital to the practice of augury (divining the future from the flight patterns of birds). An augur (a type of priest) would be told the flight patterns, and from that he would divine the message.

There is a lot of mythology surrounding crows and ravens. For instance in Greek mythology, Apollo instructed a crow to watch over his pregnant lover. In this myth, crows were white. But when the crow brings Apollo bad tidings about his lover, he turns the crow’s feathers black. Good or bad, crows and ravens are represented as guards or sentinels. Ravens are said to keep guard over the Tower of London in England. As the legend goes, should the ravens ever leave the grounds, the Tower will fall. Ravens still inhabit the Tower to this day. This brings in an element of magic to these corvids, and magic is something ravens are strongly associated with."

2 Likes

Yes. There was a young girl that showed up in my dream. She was sitting down and she had a crow/raven in front of her. They were just hanging out together. I asked her if she trained this bird to bring items to her. She nodded but was mute. It was an early dream in my dream cycle and it was heavily non-lucid.

2 Likes

So cool! Definitely sounds like a premontion/precognitive dream to me. In the crow video I posted the birds have that as one of theire intelligence tests, to retrive an item.

Very glad you shared that.

2 Likes

I LOVED the article and, thanks to you and these researchers I now understand better these creatures.

3 Likes

Pretty cool synchronicity today when I went in to get my tattoo. Knew I was in the right place when I walked in and this was the first thing I saw:

Then during my tattoo I had another super meaningful synchronicity but it holds most impact between my mom and I. Worth a share though :smiling_face:.

One the artists friends walked in with that shirt on. :alien:

1 Like

Love that younsaw a crow there, fucking awesome!

1 Like