Crows in the day, crows at night

More and more of my daytime is feeling lucid. The boundary of day and night awareness is more of a continuum. Here’s an example.

It started on 12/16 during the Q&A with @aholecek . It was my first time submitting a question and first interaction with Andrew. As my question about the collective unconscious gets read I hear my 25 year old son calling me from the other room… “Mom!! There are 400 crows outside the window! OMG. Something is going on! I’ve never seen this before.” So of course I think they’re there because of my energy being at the Q&A session. It’s affirmation…to be in this moment and that I’m supposed to be there.

At that moment, in my thinking, I ask these crows “Do you see me? Are you listening? Will you follow me?”

Since the Q&A event I’ve been wondering if the crows can show me the way to the collective super-consciousness that @NightHawk999 told me about. I have continued to ask the crows – I see them around a lot lately – if they will come to me in a dream.

In the 12/22/22 (that’s a lot of twos) lucid dream the crows came my way. At first I see them flying in the sky forming a coordinated circle. I ask them again, “Are you listening? Do you see me?”

This prompts the crows to subtly shift the circle shape into a dialogue bubble, like in a cartoon. The crows are in motion all the time.

OMG I realize that they’re showing me their thinking space, they’re consciousness. The space in the bubble is empty. I ask them “Is that space the space of the collective super-consciousness?” In response, the crow bubble fills with my recent dream drawings of the wasp hive to show me that HERE is where my ongoing hive conversations with the Self are happening. The crows are conscious of it.

The space in the bubble recedes indefinitely, and the murmuration is looking more like a brain now. Consciousness is all connected.

I am again blown away by this. I’ve been sitting with this dream for days now, mostly trying to find a way back into the space in the bubble. This feels like a different lucid space that I haven’t been to before. I’m trying hard to document how this lucidity happens for me and what it visually looks like.

The following day after the crow dream I found this beautiful, perfectly intact layer of a wasp hive at the dog park. I don’t know how it came to rest so perfectly in one piece when the rest of the hive was so tattered, tethered way up high in a tree and mangled from the storm. A satisfying find. It instantaneously brought me back to the space in the crow bubble.

I think all of this lucid stuff goes together. It’s one continuous conversation and awareness. Do you think so?

Holy fuck.

2 Likes

When I encounter an unusual event with an animal or animals, I find it helpful to look up what their symbolism has been throughout history:

https://www.spiritanimal.info/crow-spirit-animal/

" Crow Spirit Animal

Author: Elena Harris

The crow is a spirit animal associated with life mysteries and magic. The power of this bird as totem and spirit guide is provide insight and means of supporting intentions. Sign of luck, it is also associated with the archetype of the trickster; be aware of deceiving appearances. If the crow has chosen you as your spirit or totem animal, it supports you in developing the power of sight, transformation, and connection with life’s magic.

Crow Symbolism

Throughout history, the crow has been associated with both positive and negative symbolic meanings. The most common are:

• Life magic; mystery of creation
  • Destiny, personal transformation, alchemy
  • Intelligence
  • Higher perspective
  • Being fearless, audacious
  • Flexibility, adaptability
  • Trickster, manipulative, mischevious

Other traditional meanings associate the crow with bad omen, death, and dark witchcraft. The crow also carries the power of prophetic insight and symbolizes the void or core of creation."

&

" The Crow, a Spirit Animal Symbolic of Magic

Crows are commonly associated with magic and the power to manipulate physical appearances. Ted Andrews in his classic on animal totems “Animal Speak” mentions that we can find crows are common animals that we can find all around the globe. As such, they are a reminder that magic is everywhere. When you encounter a crow, just tune into its behavior and it will give you a clue on how to use the magic powers it carries.

Because of its affinity with life mysteries and magic, the crow is seen in many shamanic traditions as the spirit animal of choice for those who use magic and have the power to manipulate the law of our physical universe. The crow used to be the animal of choice of shamans, those who do witchcraft and shape-shifting."

" Crow Symbolism and Life Mysteries

Crows have a usually black with tints of blue depending on the light shining on them. Their color is symbolic of the onset of creation, of the void or what has not taken form yet. Fascinating spirit animals, they carry the energy of life mysteries and the power for deep inner transformation.

As a spirit guide, the crow will guide you in getting in touch with life mysteries and develop your ability to perceive subtle shifts in energy within yourself and in your environment. It has the ability to go beyond the illusions, especially duality of right and wrong, inner and outer.

Crow Totem and Power of Insight

Crows are known to build their nests in very tall trees. Doing so, they can get a better vision or perspective on the rest of their surroundings. By affinity with this trait, those who have the crow as a spirit animal or totem will enjoy a position from where they can see things from a higher perspective."

" The Crow In Your Dreams

While the crow appearing in a dream is sometimes considered a bad omen, a foreshadowing of sadness, this is only one of many meanings. A deeper interpretation of this meaning is that the crow is said to fly between the worlds of life and death and an appearance in your dreams may signify a message about your thoughts on life, death and transformation.

Crows are also very intelligent and dreaming about a crow or crows may be a sign of your wisdom or intuition. Your subconscious may be telling you to trust your intuition.

The crow is also a symbol of transformation. What part of your life is or may be going through a transition? Maybe you are changing relationships or careers? Maybe you are buying a new house? Whatever it is, the crow is signaling that you are ready to make the change!"

1 Like

This is so cool! Definitely a sign and a really powerful synchronicity!

I cant thnk of any more powerful message from the universe than that, I definitely think it is a sign, and my guess it ismsaying you are not only on the right path, but to pay very close attention to the teaching that Andrew gave you, to go deeper.

1 Like

" The Crow In Your Dreams

While the crow appearing in a dream is sometimes considered a bad omen, a foreshadowing of sadness, this is only one of many meanings. A deeper interpretation of this meaning is that the crow is said to fly between the worlds of life and death and an appearance in your dreams may signify a message about your thoughts on life, death and transformation.

Crows are also very intelligent and dreaming about a crow or crows may be a sign of your wisdom or intuition. Your subconscious may be telling you to trust your intuition.

The crow is also a symbol of transformation. What part of your life is or may be going through a transition? Maybe you are changing relationships or careers? Maybe you are buying a new house? Whatever it is, the crow is signaling that you are ready to make the change!"

" Like the owl and the raven, the crow also symbolizes psychic abilities. The crow is said to be able to see the past, the present, and the future. If the crow is your power animal, you most likely possess special insights into situations where others may not. It’s important to always use those gifts as a force for good in the world."

2 Likes

Ah yes, crow the trickster is not new to me. Crow has appeared multiple times in my dreams in the past. My go-to for dream symbolism is “The Book of Symbols” by Taschen. “What the crows draw us toward is a way of being in the world established on a different kind of consciousness.” This is what I am seeking and connecting to by sharing consciousness with crow in both the dream (the crow’s dialogue bubble) and physical reality (400 crows roosting out my window).

2 Likes

Were you able to take a picture of the crows outside your window? Would love to see that if you are willing to share it.

If you were not able to take a picture, you might think about drawing that memory in a journal as well. Events like that are well worth immortalizing.

2 Likes

@mbready here is the Crow dream I was referring to. Preety cool, there is another I think too.

1 Like