🕊 Expressions of Silence or Solitude

Have an idea or expression around the theme of SILENCE or SOLITUDE ?

In silence & solitude …
The idea of wandering alone through grassy fields concentrating on looking for a rare 4 leaf clover. :seedling::shamrock::herb::leaves::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Lots can be posted under this topic. Andrew frequently quotes Rumi:

Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.

4 Likes

@_Barry that’s beautiful.

I looked at images with that quote and saw there are others by Rumi.
20231204_200125

3 Likes

The ultimate frequency and vibration is silence.

Dare I say its the Aplha and Omega of sounds?

2 Likes

I like the orignial better, but close to 1 billion views has to count for something:

3 Likes
3 Likes

With the snow patiently waiting for a bird to feed from your hand :evergreen_tree::snowflake:

Christmas day alone :evergreen_tree::snowflake::leaves::tea:

3 Likes

Darkness . . . reminds me of Andrew’s recent Dark Retreat and his stream of consciousness after it. Darkness comes first. The luminosity of darkness. Dark, dreamless sleep. He sometimes went to sleep with his eyes open!

3 Likes

A word search for ‘Silence’ in Andrews Dream Yoga book

4 Likes

A word search for “Silence” in Night Club finds 48 references . . . .

https://community.nightclub.andrewholecek.com/search?q=silence

1 Like

@_Barry … cool!! Love that idea! So many interesting bits to read about ‘silence’.

This one of your posts
https://community.nightclub.andrewholecek.com/t/the-role-of-sound-on-the-path-of-healing-and-spiritual-practice-with-dr-kulreet-chaudhary/5261/3?u=bianca_aga

When i read “Silence is not the opposite of noise; it’s the opposite of not wanting to listen. Even in the wildest, most remote places, there is noise.” this makes me think of where i live. Today its windy and from inside my drafty old cottage i hear the sounds of a howling wind outside. A few minutes walk to the shoreline the sea crashes! And flocks of geese fly by. I would say although i live on a remote island its about 50:50 loud:silent and that reminds me of when the buddha found the Middle Way.

3 Likes

I like the thought! I thought of Andrew’s “open-awareness” meditation, where whatever arises becomes the meditation, be it a barking dog, or a plane or even a barking neighbor. He also tells of the meditator who complained that there was too much noise bothering him to meditate. The teacher said that instead, it was the meditator himself that was bothering the noise. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@_Barry

I like that ‘thought’ too!

I remember listening to Andrew saying that he lives near an airport and getting frustrated with the noise of planes. I remember that ‘lesson’ very clearly: 10 years ago i lived in an apartment surrounded by the noise coming from other apartments :scream: . But then it constantly drove me outside too long walks & meditating in nature.

3 Likes

In silence and solitude…
baking a Christmas cake and taking time to decorate it with icing, marzipan characters & love. Remembering everything is a creation with mind.

2 Likes

Grew up near Idlewild Airport (renamed Kennedy) with constant airplane “serenades.” You learn to tune them out to a degree, and the idea of expanding one’s awareness to take in everything makes sense, whether one is in the forest or in the middle of a city street.

3 Likes

@_Barry

I like that too.

2 Likes

Love this quote from Andrews book.

and this one, brilliant:

3 Likes

Winter (this time of year even), when it gets dark early, and cold, the days are much quieter, and as are the nights.

The soil is still alive.

It will freeze in will freeze in true winter, another 2 weeks. Then things get even quieter, and sounds carry longer in the distance.

3 Likes

One thing that immediately comes to mind is how “noisy” technology is. If I am in a room where I’ve removed, or even turned off and unplugged, all electronic devices, it automatically feels quieter (even if the devices were not making any sound, such as a computer fan). There’s a lot of internal noise I experience around being on devices (computer, scrolling on cell phone, looking at social media) as well.

In Santa Cruz, near where I live, there is a tea house that has a rule that one needs to stow all electronic devices and not use them or look at them while they’re there. If one needs to check their phone or take a call/text, they are kindly asked- per a sign at each table- to step outside to do so. I really appreciate having that environment. It creates a kind of sacred container to enjoy the tea. They have books to borrow if one didn’t come prepared with an analogue form of entertainment, and of course one can always sit in silence with no distractions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@NightHawk999

Ahh so you liked this! Its been an extraordinary past week of synchronicities and this book The Magdalene Manuscripts which i downloaded an ebook as not expensive had my mind blown many times.
It reads like the tantric Buddhist teachings. So many links to what we were have been talking about; the kundalini, Egyptian, Isis and so on.

2 Likes