Hi there!

Greetings from Toronto, Canada!

I am a student of Mingyur Rinpoche and came across Andrew’s teachings through Mingyur Rinpoche’s teachings on the dream bardo.

I had several lucid dreams at the start of my dream yoga practice, but have not had any in several months. I thought I would seek out more support in this practice!

Thank you,
Suzanne

6 Likes

Welcome, @suzanneo!

You’ve come to the right place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi suzanneo, welcome to Night Club. I’m originally from Canada (Nova Scotia) but have been living in the states for more than a decade.

~ArthurG

2 Likes

Great to see you here Suzanneo. You have some time between lucid dreams but how are your non-lucid dreams progressing? Are you finding any significance in some of those? They can be great stepping stones to more lucidity as you build upon your nightly practices.

Thanks for joining us Suzanne, and hope you find the support you need. If not, ask us at Team Night Club. Mingyur Rinpoche is just the best, lucky you.

1 Like

Thanks, Andy. I appreciate your warm welcome. That is really lovely. Looking forward to participating!

2 Likes

Hi Arthur!

Where in the States are you? Funny enough, I’ve from the US and have been living in Canada since 2001.

Thanks for reaching out!

3 Likes

Hi Barry,

Thank you for reaching out. Well, great question because my mind has just been shutting off and I now can barely remember dreams at all!

I’ve been investigating why in meditation and I think it’s because I’m really turning away from daytime experiences of fear and anxiety.

I’ve listened to one of Andrew’s webinars about working with fear and made the intention to remember my dreams.

Do you have any suggestions? Have you experienced this?

3 Likes

Thanks, Andrew! It’s incredible what you have created here, thank you so much. I’ve heard you in a few webinars and really awed and inspired listening to you.

I heard you mention Bruce Tift’s book “Already Free” in your webinar on free. I had listened to this book over the winter and felt it to be very mind blowing in pointing out how neurosis/confusion operates on the expertise level. After hearing you mention it, I’ve gone back to listening to it and am finding it even more profound!

3 Likes

That’s a great insight and a perfect place to start. Is there any situation or context that sticks out? Maybe pick that and make a plan to examine it at night. Just a thought. Andrew talks a lot about working with those feelings in the daytime, using your body sensations to inform your practice. That’s important.

Non-remembering? As I often find myself in a similar position resulting from insomnia I have come to appreciate the Hypnogogic and Hypnopompic aspects of dreaming, the time before going into the dream state, and the pre-waking up state. I recently realized how much I actually have been dreaming, particularly just before waking up and not really focusing on those dream-lets. In fact, had a good one today and almost lost it because I didn’t remember any lucid dreams from last night. Jennifer Dumpert has a book that focuses on liminal dreams, and until I can get my sleeping and dreaming life back on track, I’m going to try an extra focus on those two aspects. You can check her interview with Andrew here for a better explanation.

2 Likes

Sacramento. I thought I might live for the rest of my life in Vancouver B.C. but fell in love with an American. :slight_smile:

Toronto is a great city, it’s a place I could imagine living in some different timeline not so far removed from this one.

~ArthurG

1 Like

Suzananno, if you are drawn to virtual reality, that is something you can use to consciously face fears. @Andrew has done some work on “virtual lucidity” and working with fear. There is discussion of this in the Night Club interview The Exciting Future of VR, “Virtual Lucidity”, why Deepak Chopra said VR will “Change the World” and Much More! | Interview with Jordan Quaglia.

There’s also a very interesting discussion of using VR horror to work with fear and psychological shadow material in this episode of Voices of VR: #749: Using VR Horror as Fear Resistance Training + Sound Healing & Psychedelic Culture

Working with fear in the daytime state through this or other means can influence how you approach it in dreams.

~ArthurG

2 Likes