Immunity to Change - a root

“Until we identify the unconscious self-protective commitments that are holding us back, we are unable to follow through on some of the most important changes we say we want to make.”

• Tami Simon, interviewing Dr. Lisa Lahey, author of new book “Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization”

Lands for me. I suspect this can be worked with in the dream world.

2 Likes

May I also suggest Wired to Resist: The Brain Science of Why Change Fails and a New Model for Driving Success “Illustrated by real-life examples and evidence from renowned scholars and practitioners, Wired to Resist provides novel insights into understanding why efforts to change often fail and—more importantly—how they can succeed.”

3 Likes

I’m quite familiar with resistance! :flushed:

It’s like a knee-jerk habit to anything I’m told to do, any “you should…” advice, state mandated quarrantine… (my first response upon hearing was “OR WHAT?!”)

Not one of my better traits, but has it’s uses.

Back to the book - I will check it out. I resist my own intentions and don’t know why. Lots of self-sabotage!

2 Likes

Hi there! Andrew would like to include this in the Whispers emails but was hoping to clarify something. Was it Tami Simon or Lisa Lahey who said this quote?

Thank you!

1 Like