📽 Interesting Dharma short "The Egg" (about 7+ minutes)

Saw this a while ago. Don’t think it was here, or at least I can’t find it referenced. My son who goes his own way, asked me if I had seen it, and I realized that if it made him think about what’s the purpose? then it was worthy to share here too. What is it? An animation of the story “The Egg” with definite Buddhist overtones and undertones and middle tones too.

There is another version that works well in its own way.

1 Like

Its really well written, great vids of it

1 Like

Some years ago I read a German version of ‘The Egg’ and didn’t like it. Now, after becoming a bit familiar with ‘Karma’, I still don’t like it.

But I liked the book ‘Awakening from the Daydream’, by David Nichtern (just finished reading it :slight_smile: ). I like the symbolism of the Wheel of Life now :sparkling_heart:

Blockquote **The law of karma describes the precise relationship between actions and their consequences. It is always at play in both the short and long term. Karma, like the law of gravity, exists whether we know it or not. It is just so. It is how things naturally occur.
…From the Buddhist point of view, we are each responsible for our own situation, whether we care to admit it or not. We are all active participants in the creation of our own karma. We all have the capacity to determine our future paths.

What if Karma ‘creates’ time?
quote from Carlo Rovelli ‘und wenn es die Zeit nicht gäbe?’ (what if time wouldn’t exist):
just my rudimentary translation: ……you don’t get the same result in quantum mechanics if you do operation A first and then operation B, as doing Operation B first and then A……
He talks of a ‘thermodynamic time’.

2 Likes

Totally gave me a different way to look at it—and use it—from a beginner’s view.

Great! Anything in particular rubs wrong?

1 Like

I have not read that book yet, I will put it on my reading list.

2 Likes

Yes - in each story someone else dies, but all get sent back to life as a Chinese Women centuries before our time.
I thought Karma matters? that’s why I wrote:

and I personally don’t like a perspective of a next life as an illiterate stone age person (for example), why struggle to ‘earn’ good Karma then?

1 Like

Fair comments. I agree, takes away some of the tale. But, like the politics of some of the folks I admire, I’ll overlook it.

1 Like