< Memory >

I am really glad you mentioned this, many of the nights and days I have had LDs started with me getting into a deep meditation before I went to bed, or back to bed. This peace seems to perfume the entire night, or most of the nights dreams and sleep.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing it with him, it definitely deeply touched my heart

2 Likes

If my mind is really racing, my go to is a good book, audio or reading with a flashlight ( light is bad I know)

If that fails,
then mantras to calm the mind,
then meditation.

3 Likes
1 Like

Interesting insight flashed today:

This opening instrumental of this song hit me earlier today, and I couldnt grasp it, so I just replayed the instumental over and over , with an open mind hoping eventually a sting of lyrics would appear so I could track it down.

After about 10min of humming it im my head, the tone of voice of the vocalist began to emerge. No lyrics, but with these 2 yarns, about 5min latter I was able to get the eureka moment of a sting of lyrics “I miss you”

Made me wonder if this is what the sacred seed syllables, mantras, and prayers do: Help us remember. resonate, and reconnect with a subtle, long forgotten frequency…

:sunny:

blink-182 - I Miss You (Official Video)

(disregard the most of the lyrics and images, I just really dig the beat and title of this song)

2 Likes

@Kalabasis was also referring to the Stream of Life and AH referring that all is sound and light :heart_eyes:
from my recent lucid dreaming experiences, we can remember and feel it inside of us in dreams… :zap:

2 Likes

Today I had a very clear perception, as I was watching a seagull flying over the beautiful crystalline turquoise sea…

The image was SO vivid that I could make a bridge with the dream world. Just as some dreams are more vivid and conscious than others, it also applies to this dream reality we live in. Sometimes all is alive, vibrant and precise. Other times, it almost even seems the day has passed by without a single vivid observation…! Or as Jude Shaw would say

“All that’s pretty tricky when you have the attention span of a fish but the motivation of a maverick cowboy.”

In my experience, this is so because the amount of internal information is overloading the whole system, so we experience a less attention to the outer details. This is very smoothing for me… now I understand better why sometimes I don’t recall my dreams. I have an impression this is also related to our memory management processes.

Thank you, seagull and sea! What an inspiration you are.

2 Likes

found out this gem today…

1 Like

@BlessingsDeers. It’s good to practice not just lucid dreaming but lucid waking! That is to be fully present and mindful in each waking moment. As we do this, the world does become more vivid, and paradoxically, more dream-like. Or so it seems to me.

2 Likes

yes, what a blessing it is when this happens.
In my contact with the world, I do notice that I grasp many details that other people are not able to do so. Usually it’s because of presence and also no emotional attachments. I see that usually people distract themselves when the inner emotional world is pulling them away from the present.

It also seems to me.

I also notice that even if I don’t dream lucid in the definition of what it is, there are other three lucid experiences I have in the night:

1. sleeping lightly and receiving flashes of information from a not so very lucid imagery source but the energy is SO STRONG that I feel electrified, even when I don’t sleep “so well” (liminal dreaming?);
  2. dreaming that the dream is a dream and just accepting it - nothing to do about it :bird: perhaps this could be called a highly conscious dream? (I have experienced two of these recently)
  3. when ill, the night is much lighter, wake up so often that dream and reality become one - sometimes the experience is even more hallucinogenic than some lucid dreams!
    In all these experiences I notice that the day runs far more lucid and with that dream quality than usual. Perhaps because the body is not in the usual top functioning, it all becomes a kind of a dream. The attention is perhaps more requested and this causes a different processing of information.
2 Likes

in this video (again) :dolphin:
on minute 56h50:
“a man who was hit by a golf ball improved his memory”
(external influence can be positive not just negative)

Also in the end of this video 2h30:36, Alex mentions
“Finally Levi has proven that memory is not (just) genetic.”
which took me to research a bit to find these two very interesting articles:

2 Likes
2 Likes

found this paper…

“To live is to be other. It’s not even possible to feel, if one feels today what he felt yesterday. To feel today what one felt yesterday is not to feel—it’s to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today’s living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost. To erase everything from the slate from one day to the next, to be new with each new morning, in a perpetual revival of our emotional virginity—this, and only this, is worth being or having, to be or have what we imperfectly are.”

Fernando Pessoa

2 Likes

2 Likes