đŸŽ” Music That Moves You

What a Duet!

3 Likes

@_Barry. John Fogerty of Creedance jamming on "Born on the Bayou with Bruce Springsteen and Robbie Robertson (of the Band).:

Genuine Cajun Music from the Louisiana Bayou. The Cajuns descended from French settlers that were driven out of Eastern Canada by the British. They ended up in the Louisiana Bayou. Beausoleil is probably the most famous contemporary Cajun band:

The Creole people are of mixed African and French descent and also live in the Louisiana Bayou country. Their music is called “Zydeco” and features accordians and the use of washboards as rhythm instruments:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Back from when I was a child this was one of the bands I enjoyed. I’ve been listening to it again for a little while just for nostalgia.

Then tonight I was thinking about it a bit more because one of the guys I work with got skin cancer on his face and had to have a cadaver skin graph. He was out for about a month while it healed and it looks pretty good but I couldn’t help but think about this song.

Another one of the guys I worked with too at the same job who was, as many would say rough around the edges (my best friend there) had two people tattooed on his ribs(one of the most painful places to get a tattoo) that were stitching themselves together, almost completely. I went with him during this tattoo, the people were both actively using needles and thread to stitch themselves together.

Got me thinking about if this was possible and if it had been attempted in the past. Well with my great surprise, it is one of those things that hasn’t been documented as attempted (besides in movies like the human centipede :blush:).

Anyways, check it out.

Also, their most famous song:

This is a little more of a deep dive into their music, much less recognized but one of the songs I enjoyed:

1 Like

This is some of the stuff I’d consider my shadow when ever it gets played. I was a deep diver to a lot of this kind of music when I was under the age of 10 after my step father died. Interesting times to think back on.

Had trouble finding the uncensored version (guess it was a little to extreme for the mainstream), 3rd time is a charm:

2 Likes

@_Barry. 80 year old Joni Mitchell at the Grammy’s. She had to re-teach herself to sing after her stroke. Pretty amazing woman!

A couple of my other favorite Joni songs:

3 Likes

@_mbready. Definitely expresses and channels the collective angst and rage that so many in our world feel. I think that’s a lot of what the harder edges of rock do for those who resonate with it. It’s a big part of our collective dreaming. The question for all of us to consider. How can we use this energy for constructive change in our personal lives and in the world?

2 Likes

One of my favorite songs is this one:

Water is powerful :slightly_smiling_face:.

Then there is this song that sits on the other metaphorical shoulder.

2 Likes

A 2 time Grammy award winner (as well as a winner of the McArthur “genius award,” Rhiannon Giddens is a classically trained vocalist and old-time banjo player (the Banjo is an American instrument with roots in Africa):

With Paul Simon at the Grammys:

With the Silk Road Ensemble (founded by Yo-Yo Ma) doing “O Death”, a traditional American folk song.

2 Likes

@_mbready. Behind the rage and angst in so much of rap music I hear the multi-generational trauma that goes all the way back to slavery times. We Americans have so much collective karma to heal.

2 Likes

The words of this song are based on an old slave diary about what she told her Slave Mistress when the Union army showed up to free them.

3 Likes

RIP

3 Likes

Who doesn’t? . . . . . . . . . . .

Update: Which country doesn’t?

3 Likes
1 Like

Got a fun test for you, listen to this song completely, not the most easy to consume:

Now listen to this one fully and tell me which one you like better?
Why?
Ben Folds - Bitches Ain’t Shit

Goes to show you the power of spin.

1 Like

Lord Buddha
Christ
Muhammad

2 Likes

@NightHawk999 Just the human realm, in the now . . . . that doesn’t exist . . . . :alien:

3 Likes

1 Like

@_Barry. No, I’m afraid the season where the humans start getting along only comes after the season where they almost kill each other off.

2 Likes

@fenwizard

3 Likes