Night Club App?

Hey everyone,

I don’t really know where to post this, but I wanted to share this anyway.
I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a Night Club App. I’ve downloaded “Awoken” which isn’t bad at all, with which you can set Reality/State Checks reminders. There’s a dream journal as well, but I honestly prefer to use a notebook.

I’ve started to self-learn/study Web Development in September and I’m far from being able to create such an app BUT I have ideas and suggestions if anyone working for the Night Club could work on it. I kind of lost touch with dream yoga practice during this little while due to different things (but never stopped writing down my dreams, nor completely stop practicing, and even had a few spontaneous lucid dreams every now and then). I think, having an app on our phone could be (at least, in my case) really helpful to keep the dream world at hand’s reach, in order to never completely lose touch with the world of dream yoga, even when busy or tempted to scroll on your phone. I believe it could be beneficial. Up to now, there’s no really Awesome lucid dreaming app that stands out, so the Night Club could become it. And that would bring more lucid dreamers here too!

Having access to the community AND the Night School PLUS awesome functionalities such as Reality checks reminders, a dream journal WITH an automatic blue light filter at night, and Lucid Dream Achievements and challenges and so on… I think that’d be pretty cool.

So if anyone is interested about it, think it is a great idea, let’s just make some noise so that Andrew and the team hears about it !

What do you all think ?

5 Likes

I’m open to it. I’m not sure the Smart Phone technology is sophisticated enough yet to detect when I’m in REM sleep and whisper/suggest to me (gently) that I’m awake. I could use a little hint like that along the way, not every night, just Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. Perhaps the app could include some of Andrew’s open awareness guided meditations?

3 Likes

@_Barry I don’t know too much about dream signals during REM (on the Awoken app, what you can do is to set a signal/alarm randomly during the night at low volume, as often as you wish from a certain time. I tried, but set it too loud and woke up!). However, setting notifications such as “This is All a Dream”, “Are You Awake ?” and so on could be helpful. A little bit of diversity with the messages, but something more illusory-form-oriented ! Reminders of Emptiness…

Also I agree, using it everyday may make it kind of invisible. It a bit like working with Reality Checks. I feel it helps to change the type of Check: Hands/Fingers, Watch, Jumping up… It prevents routine. I can’t tell you how many lucid dreams I missed out of lazily checking my fingers “Hum, 6 fingers, looks perfectly fine to me!”

Yeah! The guided meditation would be really awesome. Honestly, I wouldn’t even mind paying for such an app. Totally worth it, if we can do something really really great. High Quality Dream Yoga App. Ah. All these ideas are motivating me to code!

3 Likes

Great ideas and love the enthusiasm! We’ve been thinking about something like this since the beginning of Night Club. This thread could be really helpful in bringing it to fruition :slight_smile: :pray:

Really appreciate all the ideas and suggestions here:

• Having access to the community AND the Night School
  • Reality/State Checks reminders
  • —Setting notifications such as “This is All a Dream”, “Are You Awake ?” and so on could be helpful.
  • dream journal
  • Lucid Dream Achievements and challenges and so on
  • Perhaps the app could include some of Andrew’s open awareness guided meditations

Feel free to keep the list going!

5 Likes

Thank you @AndyK ! That’s really great news!!

So.

• Having access to the Community AND the Night School
  • Reality/State Checks reminders
    // With a few suggestions (jump up, hands, watch… but also questions “where are you now ? how did you arrive here?”
  • —Setting notifications such as “This is All a Dream”, “Are You Awake ?” and so on could be helpful.
    // Other suggestions “Everything is light”, “Everything is a Rainbow”, Remember this is a dream" etc…
  • dream journal
    // If it is possible to add a Blue Light filter, it would be really nice. Otherwise, it can always be downloaded separately. The one I’m using is simply called… Blue Light Filter. But there’s a little issue, as it does not work on the lock screen and navigation buttons and other signs (wifi and stuff) at the top. And the little blue light there is can really hurt the eyes (or am I just really sensitive?) when one turns on her/his phone in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I find typing on a phone a lot faster than writing. I’m still not decided about what I prefer
  • Lucid Dream Achievements and challenges and so on
    // A few ideas: Make it rain flowers ! Travel to the past ! Summon your deepest fear, ask to meet your inner Joy, ask about the nature of the mind and so on… with the possibility to check if accomplished and describe the experience + the date
  • Perhaps the app could include some of Andrew’s open awareness guided meditations
    // That would be really awesome

NEW Suggestions

• Access to interviews (for those with a special account)
  • Daily “Whispers of Wisdom” quotes notification (in addition to emails) directly on the phone
  • A selection of dream arts (paintings and so on) that could be worth trying to explore/recreate in one’s dream. As a way to memorize them to reproduce them (or a template of them) once lucid.
    (I’m still keen on exploring Hogwarts one night…)

That’s it for now… Those are just suggestions of course. Feel free to add on/edit.

Ah. And a happy new year everyone.

5 Likes

Include the option in Reminders for “WeCroak”—type messages (reminders that we will die). Also, add Apple Watch support.

5 Likes

Excellent @_Barry !!

3 Likes