Open database of dreams [website]

Hello all, I created this site where you can share your dream experiences and analyze the content of dreams. Would love any feedback or suggestions, cheers

3 Likes

I like the idea. I’d also like to know more about your background and intended uses of the database. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @reedjones, welcome to the Night Club!

This looks like a really cool project and I’m excited to explore it more.

Good luck with it and keep us informed.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, most interesting site, well done. You getting good traffic with it?

2 Likes

Thanks, the goal the database has a few goals, 1: content analysis, basically looking through all the text content of different dreams and looking for insights, 2: automated dream analysis/interpretation with machine learning (this is pretty far off but potentially interesting) 3: Most importantly is to make a community of people interested in dream and consciousness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, well not really any traffic yet its still pretty new but hopefully soon!

1 Like

Looks good. Will you be using software programs to do your content analysis? I know a little bit about research, so I’m interested in how you plan to do this. I’ve been pretty much fallow this week, but I’ll contribute when I do. Good luck.

1 Like

Unable to register. Last phase always goes to server unable to connect

Update: Success

1 Like

Hmm that’s weird… I was able to make a couple test accounts just now, maybe try again. I think there was some issues with my server provider a couple days ago that could be the reason

2 Likes

Yeah will use software for the content analysis , I’m working on a python library for the “Hall/Van de Castle” system: https://dreams.ucsc.edu/Coding/

You can see a basic content graph for a dream here for example: http://opendreamlab.com/dreams/dream/2944/

Let me know if you keep getting errors, should be up now though…

2 Likes

Able to join! Thanks for the above resources which lead to other good resources too. I’m also looking for any studies or resources focusing on senior citizens, over 70, and lucid dreaming, so if you happen to have any or run across any, I’d appreciate hearing about them. Thanks.

3 Likes