Perseid Meteor Shower

Heading out camping in the mountains for a week to enjoy this spectacular shower.

If the weather comditions are right, look up and you will witness one of the best shows of the year.

August 13th is the peak, but you should be able to see meteors for the rest of the month, August 16th is new moon, so this next week will be really good for sky gazing.

If you can spare a protection prayer, I would greatly appreciate it. The nocturnal animals are a little rough around the edges in these woods.

Barry, I brought your bear claw with me. It kept me safe my last trip. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not my claw . . . :bear:

2 Likes

Enjoy my friend! Only prayer I say is thank you father, in this case, thank you father for keeping you safe :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Too cloudy to see the sky . . . .

2 Likes

Yes that is one of the painful obsticles of New moons, they often bring rain and clouds the week they appear, and it makes viewing solar eclipses and meteor showers very difficult, and often impossible.

I almost missed the last solar eclipse because of cloud coverage, but was really lucky that a patch cleared up, and made totality visible.

2 Likes

How was the view on your trip? Any nights with clear skies? See any Meteors? :sparkles:

2 Likes

I would be lying if I said it wasnt one of the best trips I have ever been on, if not the best. Will unpack the details later this week, pretty sleep deprived and came back into town yeterday for a wedding, so that didnt help. :upside_down_face:

Mostly cloudy during the peak, with 1 night of heavy rain and thunder, but the last 3 nights were clear.

Got to see over a dozen meteors, no fireballs though.

I really appreciate you saying one for me, thank you my friend! There were times in the trip where I had to pinch my nose and do a reality check becuase the synchronicities were so mindblowing. (Some of the stories I will have to tell you in person) It was like everything that I wanted, seemed to manifest in unique ways. Very greatful for the prayers from you all. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

From the article:

If you want to take pictures of a solar eclipse, you have two chances coming soon. On October 14, 2023, an annular solar eclipse (i.e., one where the edge of the sun remains visible) will be visible on the western part of the continent, and on April 8, 2024, you can catch a total eclipse toward the eastern part of America.

But keep in mind: An eclipse is among the most challenging things to photograph, and even the best iPhone photo of one is not going to rival a pro photographer’s effort. Still, an amateur with a iPhone can take pretty good snaps of the eclipse with the right preparation.

1 Like

I am glad you posted this, in my mind I had it as October 24, not the 14th. Very happy you fixed that error.

2 Likes