Seeking Dream Yogis in Hawaii

Hey everyone!

I’m really excited to have come across this site! I’ve been trying to practice on and off a few dream yoga techniques from books by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, Namkhai Norbu and Michael Katz but have not made much progress. I finally feel ready to make a serious commitment and I ended up here.

I recently moved to Oahu to pursue a graduate degree in drawing and painting and was wondering if anyone around the Islands is on here?

I was also wondering if anyone here has been initiated in dream or waking life into one of the lineages of Dream Yoga? What are your experiences with it?

I am looking forward to meeting the community here,

Thank you for reading and blessings!

6 Likes

Hi and so wonderful to meet you Jared.

I am “nearby” in Japan and do come to Maui (My ancestors are originally from there and New Zealand)

I have trained with the Dalai Lama, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Mingyur Rinpoche in dream yoga practices and taken direct instruction from them personally as well as Padmasambhava, Yeshe Tsogyal, Princess Mandarava, Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche, the 5th Dalai Lama and the 1st and 7th Karmapa in dream yoga practice over the years.

I have been drawn very naturally to dream yoga practice since I was two years old so absolutely adore the illusory body yoga, sleep yoga and all six yogas of Naropa which I take to like a child to her mother so am humbled by all great Buddhas gathered here and their wisdom.

I dedicate the benefits of my dream yoga practice to you and all gathered here.

Love and blessings

Altair

Email : altairshyam@gmail.com

3 Likes

Hi Jared, welcome to Night Club. Do you ever make artistic representations of your dreams? If so I would love to see some – either in this thread or maybe in Artistic representations of dreams (paintings, video etc).

Also, do you ever find artistic inspiration in dreams? e.g. an image or scene in a dream that you decide to draw or paint?

curiously,
ArthurG

2 Likes

Aloha Jared, Heartfelt greetings))) We live in Hawi, North Kohala, on the Big Island - http://WisdomAtWork.com/Aloha . Where’s OM for you? Have danced in these realms for about 50 years now with many Tibetan teachers and also in consciousness research in the lab since the early 70s. Malama Pono ))) May we live (and dream) in harmony and balance for the benefit of all beings))
Joel Levey

2 Likes

Hey Arthur,

Thanks for the interest in my work! Last year I actually illustrated 111 of my dreams on 14 meter long paper scrolls. I’d like to redo something similar since they didn’t come out the way I would have liked but i’m currently focusing my entire practice around dreams. Thanks for the suggestion, I have a lot of images I could post there ahah.

All the best,

Jared

3 Likes

Hey Joel!

I’m really happy you reached out! You’re website is really cool- the farm looks amazing! I’m currently in Honolulu with my brother but we are hoping to move to the Mānoa valley or someplace further outside of the city. Originally we are from Colorado. My brother has a degree in Cognitive Sciences and is working on an his graduate studies Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture- I think you both would really get along. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you come through to Oahu. We might come by the Big Island in November. Keep in touch and blessings!

Jared

1 Like

Altair,

Thank you for the kind message, it brings me so much joy and inspiration. Japan is my next stop! I am studying Japanese language and actually have a test tomorrow ahah. I will send you an email, I have so many questions about your practice and would love to speak in further detail. Love to you,

Jared

1 Like

Hi Jared,
I live on Maui and have been here for the last four years, taking care of land and creating a food forest with a dear friend. I am very much a novice to sleep yoga. I have only been able to successfully meditate one time lucidly. The experience has me on this path and led me to this community to continue exploring consciousness and dream travel. Hope you are enjoying Oahu! Pre covid, I would visit Oahu several times a year as I have family and dear friends there! Hope your creative life is being nurtured on the islands!

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind message! That is great to hear there seems to be a kind community of dreamers on the Islands. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope your practice is going great and maybe we will run into each other upon your next visit to Oahu.
:ocean::ocean::ocean: