The Bardos In Everyday Life - 10-Week Virtual Course

VIRTUAL PROGRAM

The Bardos in Everyday Life class has been totally updated to help people deal with the virus situation. The bardo teachings are especially applicable at this time, because we are in one. The rug of our conventional reality has been pulled out from under our feat. How we react to that groundlessness and uncertainty is up to us, but the bardo teachings can really help in this challenging time. New teachings and practices designed for this difficult time will be offered, allowing us to better bring what’s happening to our path.

This course will explore the bardo principle and its vast application in daily life. Once we open our eyes to these principles, we see bardos are everywhere—and the spaciousness of that recognition invites liberation. By discovering the small bardos now, we will be preparing for the big one at the end of life.

https://boulder.shambhala.org/program-details/?id=441970

TIME

April 14 (Tuesday) - June 16 (Tuesday) MST

ORGANIZER

Boulder Shambhala Center1345 Spruce Street Boulder, CO 80302

3 Likes

“Kora” - sounds close to “khor-wha” in Tibetan.

I couldn’t catch the word, but it was Tibetan for “Circumambulating samsara” or something of that nature.

And so my imagination went hog-wild.

Even the Garuda falls prey to it’s own tail on occasion. Hence why he needs a guru:

Strangely enough, this is a real phenonemon!

I didn’t hunt down what was going on there. Silly snake!

Me personally, I seem to like to make things WAY more complicated than they need to be:

And then we bump into the Wisdom Traditions:

3 Likes

Nāga Kanya : Guardian Goddess of the Three Realms

1 Like

Interesting link showing images of Naga Kanya. I am partial to this feminine representation of serpent energy. The ouroboros (plural form?) figures above all seem very masculine somehow.

I explored the Serpentine Sanctum website very rapidly and it looks these folks offer cacao rituals and tea and whatnot in the presence of healing serpents! Snake healing anyone?!

1 Like

The Naga Goddess is alive and well in Nepal. I have seen people avoid “polluting” streams and rivers where they live. Some apparently also live in trees.