The Lives of the Realized (index in first post)

Martin Luther King, Jr. - Minister & Civil Rights Activist | Biography

Martin Luther King, Jr. as Pastor

2 Likes

A Cloud Never Dies" biographical documentary of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh

I Have Arrived, I Am Home - Documentary About Thich Nhat Hanh

2 Likes

Anandamayi Ma

4 Likes

Marguerite Porete

4 Likes

Ghosananda

3 Likes

Index/Top . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 Likes

Looks BEAUTIFUL :star_struck:

2 sections still need some loving:

&

I dont know much in these realms but will do some research

2 Likes

Dipa Ma

3 Likes

Favorite quote from this documentary:

“There are two different kinds of mines: the outside mines we can see and the inside mines we cannot see. Greed, anger, and ignorance. The inside mine is the mother of the outside mines.”

Such a beautiful and poignant teaching from Maha Ghosananda. :pray:

2 Likes

Black Elk Speaks | John G. Neihardt | Audiobook | Part 2

Black Elk Speaks | John G. Neihardt | Audiobook | Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

2 Likes

@Bucket

What are you thoughts on Mother Teresa being realized?

I dont know much about her, but I think her charity work, and ability to inspire faith, might qualify her.

Was going to post videos of her biography, but saw a lot of videos from haters with ugly titles that made me wonder if they are true?

Working with the sick and dying in the most extreme poverty stricken areas I think holds big weight with God.

3 Likes

Mother Teresa was a great karma yogi in my books. A very advanced one.

Yeah people criticize her for her stance on abortion and the conditions of her sick and dying houses. She was Catholic so obviously she followed the Church’s teaching on abortion. And well, it really wasn’t up to her what the conditions of her houses were. She worked with what was donated to her. She and the other Missionaries of Charity take a vow of poverty so they are as poor as the people they served. So it’s not like they could suddenly throw a bunch of money at a problem to fix it. They really depend on the charity of others.

I don’t agree with her on some things, and maybe she wasn’t perfect in how she did her work. People expect saints to be perfect. I’ve realized through my studies of religion that you can be a realized person and still have flaws. I don’t think any body but avatars like Jesus, Krishna or Ramakrishna (I would say Buddha too, even though avatarism isn’t really a Buddhist thing obviously) are 100% perfect. But regular people like us can still attain to a high degree of realization. And even if we can’t completely get rid of all of our flaws, having realization will “sanctify” them to some extent and allow them to create good in life.

4 Likes

I think you are spot on with this.

She did the best with what she could, and the resources were so limited for the almost boundless pit of need.

I think the world is a far better place because of her.

I have come to the same conclusion.

I agree 100%, that in rare cases the purest and most blessed spirits will manifest on earth, often to overcome great evil or alleviate human suffering.

2 Likes

Mystical Love & Sufi Women

Frederick Douglass

2 Likes

Medieval Mystical Women - The Beguines - Hadewijch Mechthild of Magdeburg & Marguerite Porete

“the Moses of our people”

Harriet Tubman

3 Likes

Brother Zeno Zebrowski

2 Likes

Sister Harriet Tubman

“the Moses of our people”

Harriet Tubman: They called her Moses (2018) | Full Movie

The Real Harriet Tubman with Dr. Kate Clifford Larson

“she had to learn to navigate without light”

3 Likes

Index/Top