This is the one vitamin you should take if you want to remember your dreams

Vitamin B6 Can Help You Remember Your Dreams.

" * Dreams are notoriously difficult to remember.

• There’s nothing more annoying than feeling a dream slipping away.
  • According to new research, vitamin B6 could help you remember your dreams better.
  • B6 is found in cereals, fish, eggs, and some fruits and vegetables."
3 Likes

@BlessingsDeers

told you in another post I would get back to you about which B vitamin, here it is

3 Likes

From my understanding it should not be taken in combination with some other night time remedies. Not sure which but combinations of these meds can be risky.

3 Likes

Thank you. Wonderful. Good to know.
Excellent memory and follow-up.

also, for us to know if something is really working we should experiment one thing at a time.

2 Likes

Great point

Wise advice. Poisening is the last thing one wants, would also add if people are on medications they should get a doctors adice and do plenty of research

3 Likes

I’ve experimented with various supplements in my LD journey. Pretty much only two have really affecting my dreams, those being galantamine and wormwood. Everybody knows about galantamine already, if you can get back to sleep on it, you’re practically guaranteed a lucid party night, or at least super vivid dreams. Wormwood is more like a hallucinogenic, though, and caused an irregular / rapid heartbeat, so I quit it after a few attempts. It did give sort of “high” dreams, though.

I have some B6 (in the form of Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate, the version of B6 that’s supposed to interfere less with sleep), and one night I took it I had epic non-lucid dreams all night long, and the next: nothing. I may experiment more with dosage (that was 33mg, generally the recommendation is 100mg for affecting dreams, but that’s starting to wander into massive dosage territory).

I think that once one develops a dream practice, and develops the ability to recall dreams, then the most important factors are overall health, brain health, and how well you develop your memory of experiences. Maintaining a strong interest in dreams, and a consistent dream journaling practice go a long way. It feels like the memories just wash over you effortlessly when you establish a consistent pattern of reaching for dream recall on every waking, and creating strong intent, and developing the feeling that dreams are very important to you.

3 Likes

Interesting, have not triend Woomwood before. But have heard of it used with alcohol to stimulate hallucinations

This is really great advice! Thank you.

2 Likes

Absinthe used to be illegal in the US but it is legal now. Tried it when I lived in Japan, green and very potent.

2 Likes

Tell me more?

What were the effects?

2 Likes

Absinthe fizz. Sorta like sake but licorice and dreamy . . .

2 Likes

You can buy it in liquor stores. The impressionist painters of the late 19th/early 20th century were really into it. I have a friend who loves it. I’ve tried it a few times. I couldn’t tell that it was much different than any other alcohol but perhaps a bit more dreamy. My friend seems to get a lot more out of it than I do, so results may vary.

3 Likes

I am a sucker for licorice . . . .

2 Likes

There’s a traditional way to drink it by pouring it over a sugar cube. I don’t remember all of the details but you can google it. Drink a lot of it and the world may begin to look like an impressionist painting . . . or not. Results may vary.

3 Likes

In Japan, it was Absinthe with seltzer, fashionable and fit right into the night time bar scene in our very far-out Tokyo suburb. Haven’t had much to drink since, except a few years later in Nepal, where Chaing and Raksi (rice-based) and Thumba (millet) were as good as it got.

Recently, however, my friend was given an award by Evan Williams Bourbon, a brand I never heard of, as an American Made Hero, getting a product line dedicated to the work he does with veterans at the Warriors Art Room. I tried their Egg Nog and it was really good.

2 Likes

Very interesting. I wonder if there is a potency cap here in USA, and to get the real, or stronger Absinthe, youd have to go to Amsterdam?

3 Likes

Your right. I just googled it. American absinthe sold in stores has a very low thujone content (the active ingrediant in wormwood) so it’s not the same as European absinthe. But looks like you can buy the real stuff online. I found this:

I believe that my friend who is into it buys the real stuff from someone who makes it.

3 Likes

Appreciate you posting this, I thought there was something ‘watered down’ about the American version.

Very curious of the European stuff

2 Likes