Velvet Bean/ Mucuna for remembering dreams

David J Brown said this worked well for him and it works well for me for remembering dreams. I rarely have lucid dreams. I also tried Galantamine, which had side effects of leg cramps and hearing distortions for me, and Mugwort which was not helpful.

3 Likes

Where did you purchase your Velvet Bean/ Mucuna from? Have read others recomending it as well.

Galantamine was helpful for memory and dream recall for me.

Mugwart was very helpful in producing vivid dreams, but they were always darker in coloration, like a Tim Burton film. Not scary or bad, just vivid and happening with darker colors or at night, (not with very vibrant or diverse colors.)

1 Like

I’ve tried mugwort in the past also. Had some success with it drinking it as a tea but then I read if you drink a lot it becomes toxic. It did help with vividness of dreams but not enough to cover the taste and the possibily of toxicity.

I’m also interested in where you bought the stuff that works for you.

1 Like

" Mucuna pruriens (Fabaceae) is an established herbal drug used for the management of male infertility, nervous disorders, and also as an aphrodisiac. It has been shown that its seeds are potentially of substantial medicinal importance. The ancient Indian medical system, Ayurveda, traditionally used M. pruriens, even to treat such things as Parkinson’s disease. M. pruriens has been shown to have anti-parkinson and neuroprotective effects, which may be related to its anti-oxidant activity. In addition, anti-oxidant activity of M. pruriens has been also demonstrated in vitro by its ability to scavenge DPPH radicals and reactive oxygen species. In this review the medicinal properties of M. pruriens are summarized, taking in consideration the studies that have used the seeds extracts and the leaves extracts."

This source also says its been used and is used for poisonous snake bites. I wonder how effective it is, or if this is not a reliable remedy for the venom?

Had not heard that it was toxic. Good to know.

The taste is HORRIBLE. It was like drinking a cup full of harsh wiskey. Be ready to gag pr even throw up.

Will send a pic of it later today. Forget the source but, the pic will probably help you track it down.

Have tried smoking it before too. Its harsh on the lungs, but goes down easier than the tea. Would not reccomend smoking it on a regular basis.

1 Like

I use NOW Dopa Mucuna. I trust the NOW product line better than the lesser known ones. I buy it on EBAY for about $10 for 90 capsules. I have read all about Velvet Bean, but think this is safe and effective. I only take one capsule a few times a week. Hope this is helpful to some.

By the way, I am in Central Texas and am looking for Texas connections that are interested in dharma and dreaming.

2 Likes

Contains L-DOPA, the drug used to treat parkinson’s. This is a dopamine precursor, so would raise dopamine levels. Dopamine tends to be stimulating. I would think it would be hard to take this and then fall asleep.

2 Likes

Amazon.

Bought the cheepest organic one. Found out after it shipped it was grown in China, so odds are it was filled with pesticides and not organic.

Can try to find a pic of it if you want, but not sure I would buy from them again.

1 Like

@mbready

sorry for delay, took me a while to find it, here it is:

1 Like