Waking up to how dreams manifest worlds :)

When I was writing my third book, I had several reviews - also from friends.
Inspired by one of them, this part I decided to not include because the source was not reliable enough.
But with you, I share:

«The Stela of the Dream, located between the front claws of the great Sphinx of Giza in Egypt, tells the story of a dream: “My face belongs to you, and so does my heart. I suffer. The burden that weighs on me will make me disappear. Save me, my son, from the desert sand that covers me. I will make you a king.”
Thutmose had this dream, followed it and thus carried out one of the first restorations in the history of the arts. The prophecy was fulfilled: Thutmose IV became the new Pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire.»

I am thinking of including it in my fourth book “Dream a Way - Sleep, Conscious Dreams and Passage to Death”.

Does anyone here have a reliable source confirming that these are indeed the words written in the Stela @ the Sphynx, in Egypt? From my research at that time, some people said it was an epileptic episode and not a dream, and there were also other possible translations of that text. Perhaps you beloved @Bianca_Aga know anything about this?

What I confirmed at that time and wrote in my third book was:

«In this ancient culture, dreams brought messages from the great Gods. By dreaming consciously, one had access to premonitions, answers to questions and received help from deities. Part of the priests’ interpretations of the Pharaohs’ dreams have come down to our day thanks to the divination manual “The Chester Beatty 3 Papyrus”. In ancient Egypt, BES was the benevolent god of sleep and dreams.
Papyri from the 2nd century BC have a record of Ptolemy’s dream notes, “Ptolemy’s Dreams”. With this record he made spiritual, family and political decisions.
One of the earliest literary works, “The Epic of Gilgamesh”, by the Sumerian people, has various translations: “He who has seen the depths”, “He who has seen the abyss” and/or “He who rises above all other kings”. More than 4,000 years old, also written in stone, this book already mentions premonitory dreams and transcendence.»

4 Likes

I will ask my brother who lives in Egypt part of the year. He just arrived there and said he would check it out later this week. . .

4 Likes

I just did an awake check (looked into my hand, looked away, and then back again to the hand - I do this, even though I don’t need reality checks in my dreams to become lucid, so I call it “awake check” because it’s a super cool way of being present and thankful to the magic of life) :slight_smile:

thank you so much @_Barry

4 Likes

I copied what you put above and put it into ChatGPT4

Here is the response:

Yes, the narrative you’ve presented is based on actual historical and archaeological records.

The “Dream Stele” (or “Stela of the Dream”) is indeed situated between the paws of the Great Sphinx of Giza. It was erected by Thutmose IV, and on it, he narrated a dream he had when he was still a prince. In this dream, the Sphinx, which was identified with the god Horemakhet (or Khepri-Re-Atum), spoke to him, lamenting its ruined state due to the encroaching desert sands. The deity promised Thutmose IV the throne of Egypt if he would clear the sand away and restore the monument.

After Thutmose IV became Pharaoh, he did clear the sands and probably undertook some restoration work on the Sphinx, thus fulfilling the prophecy of his dream. The stele was set up by Thutmose IV to commemorate this event.

This story not only underscores the significance of the Sphinx in ancient Egyptian culture but also highlights the importance of dreams and prophecies in their society.

Then I asked it for sources:

Absolutely. Although I cannot provide direct links, I can suggest some reputable resources that cover this topic, and you can further investigate from there:

1. Primary Source: The Dream Stele itself is the primary source of this narrative. If you have access to a library or database that includes translations of ancient Egyptian inscriptions, the text of the Dream Stele would be the direct evidence for this story.

2. Books:

• “The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt” by Richard H. Wilkinson: This book provides detailed insights into ancient Egyptian religion and might contain references to the Dream Stele and its significance.
    • “The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt” edited by Ian Shaw: This is a comprehensive overview of ancient Egyptian history, which might discuss Thutmose IV’s reign and his connection with the Sphinx.
  3. Online Sources:

• The website of the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities often has information about major monuments and sites, including the Sphinx and the Dream Stele.
    • The Theban Mapping Project has detailed information on many monuments and tombs from ancient Thebes, and although Giza is outside Thebes, they might have resources or references related to Thutmose IV and the Dream Stele.
  4. Journals: Articles in academic journals such as the “Journal of Egyptian Archaeology” often delve into specific topics and might have studies or articles related to the Dream Stele or Thutmose IV’s reign.

When researching, always ensure the credibility of your sources, especially when diving into online resources.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Here is a link from the source ChatGPT4 provided.

https://egymonuments.gov.eg/en/monuments/the-great-sphinx/#app-media-gallery

2 Likes

@BlessingsDeers dear, this is very interesting.
In 2009 the God Anubis was in my dream. It felt more like an Astral realm experience. I was under the ocean, standing on the seabed, but not too deep. Anubis stood in front, a mans body with head of a dog or jackal. Just behind him was a small graveyard with headstones. He telepathically said “i will help you”.

I have always believed the Sphinx is Anubis

I haven’t heard about “The Stela dream” but the words sound like they are Anubis, “with the burden that weighs on me” Anubis weighs your heart.
Sorry i cant help other than this :purple_heart::butterfly:

3 Likes

fantastic!
thank you SO much “deer” @mbready :dolphin:

3 Likes

thank yooou!
you have already helped so much!

3 Likes

I did not know this, very fasinating!

I thought that like the pyramids it was build brick by brick. Very cool to learn it is also one of the oldest monuments there.

Interesting how many cultures used Lions in their religions and artwork, have you heard of Lion Rock?

Pretty cool formation:

what it might have looked like in the past:

4 Likes

Dear @_Barry did you find out anything from your brother?

4 Likes

Nothing, sorry, things tense in Egypt he said, is all.

PS. Particularly for an expat. Been there, done that during times of world tension. My daughter was beaten up by Serbs in Ljubljana after US bombings in Serbia . . . :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

thank you for replying. big hug to you and your bother.

4 Likes

Yeah I have read in dreaming books that this book mentions at least 1 precognitive dream. Virgils Aeneid does as well.

Was waiting to get my haircut the other day and flipping through a travel magazine. There was a page with the Sphynx on it and I thought of you :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

thanks for this. I was looking into it and found that he goes down to the kingdom of the dead, and is able to come back.

I make a bridge here to Shamanism and to Mother Bear… I did a shamanic journey recently where, to find her, I had to face the Dark Night of the Soul, through the cold and humidity. Faith was keep me going on the path. I trusted my intuition that was leading me to that place, and after seeing a tree, I went into a cave to find and be warmly embraced by Her… one of my most amazing journey in the last months… (and they were many!)

yes, somehow, I also associate the Sphinx to you and @mbready :star_struck:

3 Likes

Beloved @BlessingsDeers

After seeing your comment today, i returned to your question.

I do know someone, but i didn’t ask him because i saw that Barry was going to ask his brother.

Seeing you may or may not have found the answer, I wrote to this man earlier today who works for The American Institute for Pyramid Research.

He just replied and told me the translation on Wikipedia is correct.

About the subject of the epileptic episode in the Wikipedia account it says that a Doctor HYPOTHESIZED meaning he thinks the death was caused by epileptic episode, which would suggest the vision in his sleep.

3 Likes

YES! This is a very famous chapter of this text. When he visits the unerworld, there is a scene where he sees people drinking from the river Lethe. They reincarnate.

The book inspiried Dantes Inferno, do you know who Dantes guide was through Hell?

What is Mother Bear?

3 Likes

oh beloved @Bianca_Aga THANK YOU SO MUCH for this information.
what a delightful Christmas present you have gifted me…
it’s even more special because it will reach other people as well :star_struck:

2 Likes

Beatrice?
I have a delightful story about Dante’s Divine Comedy…
At his passage to death, his verse 13 was missing.
No one could find it.
One day, his son dreamt of him and received the precise spot where it was.
When he woke up, he went there and… there he found it! :star2:

Mother Bear, in Shamanism is like the grandmother with the sweetest and warmest embrace of all…
I have a poem from Robert Moss about this:

Great Mother Bear

You feel her under your feet.
You enter her realm through the roots
of the tree that knows you.
She is endlessly nurturing, fertile and abundant.

She will nurse you and heal you as she cares for her cubs.
You can call on her blessing at any time,
once you have found the courage to enter her embrace.

She calms the mad warrior in men.
She strips the berserkers of old skins.
Serve her, and you join the army of the Great Mother
whose purpose is to protect, not destroy.
She will defend you, even from yourself.

When you call back your lost children,
she will hold you together in her vast embrace
until you are one, and whole.
When you reach across the jagged rifts in your family
to forgive and make well, you feel her rolling pleasure.:

3 Likes

@NightHawk999 found this video thanks to you… (it was on the sidebar of youtube when watching the video about comparison of sizes)

I think you will enjoy it :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Excellent video that reminded me of an old British series called Connections, with James Burke, that I thought was marvelous and used science in a way to explain how the world developed in such serendipitous ways. I’d love to see a presentation from the Tibetan perspective using some of the language, images and terminology from that tradition including examples from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche et. al.

4 Likes