🍎 Apple Vision Pro blinders

Pretty amazing, i never like watching comercials but couldnt get enough of this one. Not an understantenent to say we are now in a new era of human tech.

True Zukerberg was first to market, but Apple tends to bring guns to knife fights, and they definitely dont play to lose. Genius patent on the see through lense.

I was wondering the day when blinders would become not just a part of culture, but an almost essential utility in human life. I think that time may have come:

Wondering if it will have the ability to stimulate lucid dreams better than the existing dream masks on the marlet? Hopefully it can.

Not sure what the price is, but ive heard around $3,000. Pretty expensive.

3 Likes

I remember the Lisa computer was around $10k when it first came out. That begat the Macintosh. Apple has a way of scaling things down eventually to consumer-level, though Steve Jobs is no longer around, so there’s that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, theyre laser focused at not being first to market with a product, but perfecting an existing product and then canabalising the competition.

2 Likes

I wonder if this is tim cooks favorite movie?:

Its not the only time ‘Batman’ has warned people about big tech:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great video @_Barry , while Inhave not used this device yet, or any other vr devices, I think the works like ground breaking and mindblowing are not hyperbole, I think this is an enormous milestone in human history.

2 Likes

Time to visit the Apple Store near you . . .

2 Likes

Wow – I think. Thanks for posting this, this is what I really love about Discourse and sharing. Pretty impressive, but also concerning, at least for me. Anything that draws you out and away from yourself is high-tech distraction. To amp distraction is to amp samsara. To end to distraction is to end samsara. IMO this sort of thing, at worst, is the classic signature of the Dark Age – which started with the advent of artificial light. But at best, this is a revolution – like AI – that could really help. Promise and peril – is there any other way?

5 Likes

Really well said, so true.

I think promis and peril is a brillian t way to sum it up.

To be completely honest, I hate the idea of having cameras that close to my eyes, recording everything they do.

So maybe I will grab a pair when retina scannig becomes an unavoidable part of daily living, give it another 5 years. I think you will see the price drop to $800 in the next few years too.

I have heard it is much more comfortable than Marks Oculus, which after 10min of wearing is reported to be somewhat heavy and uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%. I think this cycle conciousness expands into the stars :alien::sparkles:.

3 Likes

wow!
thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

for me, this a mirror of our consciousness.
one day we will do this without the glasses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The next stage of human evolution :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps it has already happened before, in certain tribes or cultures, but long, long ago.

3 Likes

This is just a thought I had while reading this. Before people can believe what is possible within themselves maybe their mind has to be re-expanded on the outside to show what has been lost in time. Then maybe the work can move internally through dreams.

Spitballing ideas again :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

@mbready

In one of Robert Monroes books, he talks about experiencing something similar when doing an OBE, he went back in time, but thouhgt he had traveled in the future because the tribe was so advanced.

3 Likes

Every once in a while Disney hits a home run:

“B is for Buy n Large, your very best friend”

Kind of scary how accurate they predicted the future, driverless vehicles, 24/7 screen time, and AI running the show behind the scenes.

Its AI’s world now, we just live in it.

Lets hope they are compassionate masters… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:smiling_face: Spot on with calling that movie out. I remember that one lol.

2 Likes

I have to point to this movie and perhaps these scenes as my favorite in the Disney/Pixar Universe!

2 Likes

Enjoyed watching that one.

Makes me think of this classic.

Thought it was interesting that they were practicing a form of cloud bursting which was discussed in a movie I just watched recently ( The Men Who Stare at Goats - Cloud Bursting Scene )

2 Likes