Dharma Will/Box

In an effort to begin working towards a template or something to that effect I summarized the majority of my advanced directives.

Directive for Life-Support Treatment

I, mBready, state that I do not wish to receive life-support treatment. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); feeding tubes or any other device for nutrition or hydration; major surgery; blood transfusions; dialysis; antibiotics; or any other procedure, device, or medication intended to keep me alive. Even if recovery seems likely, I do not wish to have any of these treatments. I am at peace with the concept of death and request that my treatment preferences be asserted firmly by those making medical decisions on my behalf. I understand this may conflict with medical professionals’ training, but I insist my wishes be respected.

Burial Preferences

I request to be buried at a green burial cemetary (for purposes of anonymity the location has been removed). If possible, I prefer to be buried in a mushroom burial shroud. If not, I wish to be buried without a coffin, in my natural state.

Memory and Legacy

When contemplating my memory, please refer to the concept of the transient nature of phenomena and apply that understanding to the human condition. Recognize that the human vessel is temporary and ephemeral. In accordance with my wishes, it is best not to remember me at all. I believe that strong memories of an individual creates a karmic trace that intertwines the existence of both the remembered and the rememberer. Think back 100 years about the memories of people that existed then; now, take it a step further and consider 500 years ago. Very little is known about our direct descendants, and this same fate will befall all as the sands of time pass. It is best to swiftly shift our focus towards finding eternal rest with our Father, the Creator. The sooner we are able to let go and forget, the quicker we can dissolve our karmic bonds and attain eternal rest.

Healthcare Preferences

For minor illnesses, I accept medical intervention. However, in cases of severe sickness, I believe in letting go. I look forward to the journey beyond and request that my life not be extended against my will when I cannot make decisions for myself.

Electronic Media and Memorial Contributions

Upon my death, I wish for all electronic media to be deleted, except for pictures of pets or vacations that hold fond memories for others. After this media is saved on their personal computers or devices I would like my copies to be deleted.

Pain Management

I do not want to be in pain. I authorize my doctor to provide enough medication to relieve my pain, even if it means I may be drowsy or sleep more. Initially, I prefer medications that do not cause drowsiness or impair cognitive function. If my pain persists, I permit adjustments to manage it effectively.

Symptom Management

If I show signs of depression, nausea, shortness of breath, or hallucinations, I want my caregivers to help me. If I experience hallucinations, I prefer not to receive treatment unless they become disruptive to others, in which case I permit treatment to manage the disruptions. However, my strong preference is to avoid treatment for hallucinations whenever possible.

Spiritual and Religious Preferences

I wish to have spiritual readings and well-loved poems and songs played aloud near the time of my death. I prefer “A Course in Miracles” to be played through Audible on my phone and songs I have created to be played.

The playlist can be accessed here:

A Special Note to My Friends at NightClub

Upon reading this portion of my advanced directives, please mentally state, “Om Mani Padme Hum, Thank You Father” for me. I believe time to be illusory in nature, so your thoughts now mean as much to me as they would during and after my death.

Thank you! :sparkling_heart:

Five Wishes offers a nice template that was recommended in Andrew’s Preparing to Die Program that will guide anyone through creating a more thorough, legally binding advanced directive if wanted for $15.

4 Likes