Mudras - Medicine Hands

There are positive health effects from electrically grounding to the earth. As we were evolving on this planet we were walking barefoot on the earth, or in leather moccasins or boots, but not shoes with rubber soles that electrically insulate us from the earth. The health effects of physically grounding to the earth have been researched with hard science. This is documented in this film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSnFRjMx5ik

You can also buy earthing pads, bed sheets, or other products that plug into the ground wire of your house and literally ground you (not metaphorical grounding, but literally grounded, in the same sense that an electrician would use the term “grounded.” ) You can also just walk barefoot outside or wade in a lake or whatever for a few minutes a day, if you live in a climate that allows you to do that. I use a grounded earthing pad that I put my feet on when I am working on my computer. Go to Earthing.com if you want to find these products.

4 Likes

AMEN

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken :wink: :kissing_heart: :cowboy_hat_face:

:green_heart:

Really LOVED reading this. It is so true! Thank you so much for sharing this.

I think Sorceress would be a more fitting term, witch in English has too much stigma attached to it, but we can save that for the ‘Semantics Dome’:

View sorceress in videos (26554)Suggestions: mysterious sorceress, sorcerer, sorceress woman, witch, magic woman

An otherworldly sorceress in a flowing cloak, conjuring a spell amidst the ruins of an enchanted castle. AI generatedAn otherworldly sorceress in a flowing cloak, conjuring a spell amidst the ruins of an enchanted castle. AI generated

Dark and beautiful witch conjures on Halloween night. Fairy tales. Halloween magic

3 Likes

Appreciate you posting this

I agree with Grounding being very healing. Did not know there was research to back it up. I think it really good for the feet too to be liberated from shoe prisons frequently.

@BlessingsDeers I reached my limit of replies to this thread, (only can do 3 in a row. So edited this one and added these vids:

Mudras To Heal Your Body | Mudras for Mind And Body | Mindful Mondays With Raageshwari |

5 Powerful Yoga Hand Mudras for Optimal Health | Powerful Hand Mudras | Dr. Hansaji

5 Best Mudra’s for Total Wellness | Dr. Hansaji Yogendra

4 Likes

this engraving is a relic…
it was created by Albrecht Durer and its’ meaning is still a mystery today…
I’m very connected to Albrecht Durer… he was a genius… and my first water pencils were a gift and they were the Faber Castell’s Albrecht Durer edition… I still paint with this brand… the colors are very ALIVE.

for me, there’s an important detail: they are fully naked but no hands showing. If you notice the only hand showing is of the woman turned to the viewer…

being naked, for some researchers, was a sign of being sexually voracious in those times, one of the attributes of being a witch, this being very dangerous because they were also independent and the fame of being possessed by demons.

What I see in them being naked is a representation of “no masks”.
some researchers say this is in a kind of a bath place… so I would add “purity”.
demons connected with much needed shadow work.

what do you see in this engraving?

Brilliant. From my research, here are eight different perspectives about hands:

1. from Johnny Finchan (2006)
    thumb finger is connected to Venus, self-mastery and will
    index finger is connected to Jupiter, self-knowledge and mirror
    medium finger is connected with Saturn, values and walls
    ring finger is connected with Apollo and social expression
    little finger is connected with Mercury, Communication and antenna (did you ever notice the Dalai Lama’s little finger? :cowboy_hat_face: )

2. from Atul Mulji (2010)
    thumb finger is associated with the element Fire, Solar Plexus Chacra. The lungs meridian. It has the ability to recharge and/or absorb energy in excess, by touching the other fingers.
    index finger is connected to the element Air, Heart Chacra. The large intestine meridian.
    medium finger is connected with Ether, the throat chacra. Ego’s surrender to the higher self (this is what I meant the other day with “no want”).
    ring finger is connected with the element Earth. Root Chacra. Material power. Searching for Divine Truth and manifesting it in this planet’s reality.
    little finger is connected with the element Water. Sexuality Chacra. Heart meridian. Communication and emotion. Connected with the Soul’s need of taking care of others and Serving.

3. from Damanhur (2011)
    thumb finger touches the other fingers corresponding each to the chacras. when it goes to the side, and all other fingers are touching the palm - third vision and crown chacras. there is a sound they discovered that is associated to each finger. For the thumb, it’s the sound “iiiiiiiiii”
    index finger is connected to the Root and Sexuality Chacras. The sound is “aaaaaaaaaaaa”
    medium finger is connected with the Solar Plexus Chacra. The sound is “êêêêêêêê”
    ring finger is connected with the Heart Chacra. The sound is “óóóóóó”
    little finger is connected with the Throat Chacra. The sound is “uuuuuu”.

4. Serrano - ancient author about the human osteology (1897)
    thumb finger original bone name is “Pollex” (which means to prosper, being able of, protuberance).
    index finger original bone name is “Index”.
    medium finger original bone name is “Impudicus”.
    ring finger original bone name is “Annulares”.
    little finger original bone name is “Auriculares”.
    I was fascinated with this discovery. If you are too, ask me what these words mean, in case you don’t know or don’t have the wish to research for your self… :feather:

5. José Medeiros - Portuguese author and chirologist who is very close to being 90 years, with decades and decades of experience (2001)
    thumb finger is associated with Venus.
    index finger is associated with Jupiter.
    medium finger is associated with Saturn.
    ring finger is associated with Sun.
    little finger is associated with Mercury.

6. Chinese Chirology (2001)
    thumb finger is associated with the elements of Wood, Earth and Water.
    index finger is associated with the elements of Wood and Metal.
    medium finger is associated with the element of Fire.
    ring finger is associated with the elements of Metal and Wood.
    little finger is associated with the element of Water.

7. Curandero’s Lineage of Vera Cruz Mexico (2012)
    thumb finger is associated with our will, logic and aggression.
    index finger is associated with domination, leadership and judgement.
    medium finger is associated with responsibility, lessons and achievements.
    ring finger is associated with creativity, art and joy.
    little finger is associated with sexuality, material, communication and commerce.

8. Ancient Popular Expressions in Portugal
    thumb finger “lice killer”
    index finger “pie-piercing”
    medium finger “father of all”
    ring finger “his neighbor”
    little finger “it was my little finger who told me”

Personally I keep working with the Kubera Mudra, which for me at the moment is double great because it’s helping me cleaning my nose. Tonight I woke after four sleep cycles, did the Mudra and had a lucid dream :feather:

3 Likes

Curious what the orb above their heads represents. It is the only writing other than the artists signiture directly below it which is very unique.

Where are their hands? Lol good question, a few things come to mind I wont mention lol.

I dont think the painting is sexual in nature.
What time period is it from?

One thing that stood out to me was of the 4 women, only 1 has her hair down. The others have some sort of hat or cloth around their heads hiding their hair. The only one who is truely naked, is probably the youngest of them all.

The youngest, also has an interesting positioning of her hands. My first thought was their plancement was one of modesty, that she may be covering her breast, and bush.

Do you see any similarities between her hands and the placement of Venus’s hands here:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see The Birth of Venus (disambiguation).

The hair is also similar in the 2 paintings. Blowing in the breeze. also 4 figures, with the most beautiful being the center of attention.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Will also mention 2 of the figures are elevated, on a ‘stage’, and 2 are on a lover level it appears.

3 Likes

brilliant observation

I do. brilliant remembrance…

yes.

yes, just like the several levels in AD’s engraving.

3 Likes

What part of the world? European? Which country?

2 Likes

The Mona Lisa smile of the woman on the left, is in stark contrast to the 2 women on the right who have negative expressions on their faces.

This juxtaposition made me think that the center girl might have entered womanhood.

Or maybe the girl is pregnant.

The woman on the left I can see being the girls mother or relative, based off their hair styles, they seem to be of a different class than the 2 on the right (maybe they are servants or handmaidens?). This is also highlighted by the elevation of the stage.

2 Likes
3 Likes

did you know @NightHawk999 that some people say that depilation (hair removal) started with this painting? (she has no hairs in her legs) and also the notion of women being goddesses.

excellent observation.

North of Europe - Germany (Nuremberg). He lived and worked there, but he did the traditional bachelor German traveling and also visited Italy to study the Italian Renaissance Art, having had contact with Giovanni Bellini, Andrea Mantegna and other painting masters of that time.
He was married in 1494 and had 3 children, but only one lived into adulthood.
The date of this creation is quite near to the Botticelli’s Venus creation (mid 1480’s). Interesting, han?

since there’s a skeleton on the floor, and having known about the death of two of his children… perhaps the woman is pregnant but the baby is dead…

3 Likes
3 Likes

I would not say it started, but it certainly may have seen a ‘renaissance’ comeback after the not so charming dark ages. It was rumored that Julius Caesar pulled out the hairs from his lower body 1 by one with a twizers (not sure how true that is).

Then going off this data, I would say definitely not a tone of sexuality to the painting. Many great Renaissance artworks are of people who are naked. Think of Michelangelos Sistine chapel and many other masterpieces.

I dont think its a coinicidence. You see this all the time with artists giving a ‘shout out’ to other artists they admire and respect. Take a look at @_Barry s video with Uma Thurman. Then watch the opening of this one (horrible movie):

“youre not the only one who can set a trap VENUS”

&

OMG, bingo. You nailed it.

I did not see the skull at the base of her feet, and the bone at the base of the women. Maybe she is revealing the death of a child, or of a loved one. Talk about the Devil being in the details, not just figuratively here, but quite possibly literally:

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the picture. My eyes are not the greatest, but it looks like a small demon, or Satan, with a hand holding a conductors maestro stick, like the devil had orchestrated the Death. You can also see what looks like one horn, maybe too, and a very grotesque face. Behind him looks like hell flames.

Its definitely the subject of Death being discussed, no doubt. The woman to the left, is wearing a veil, if you look very closely, its covering her eyes and half her face. Its not a mona Lisa smile, she is looking at the skull on the floor. Not a smile, placid mourning.

The body language of the girl is not modesty, like I originally thought, but that of VULNERABILITY. She is breaking the news of something very painful that happened.

It would not shock me if 1497, the date at the top, was when a major death occurred for the artist, or his patron.

2 Likes

‘Hats’ being worn were quite common for the time:

Vermeer - The Girl with the Pearl Earring - Famous Artworks

The fact that the girl is not wearing one I think further goes with the theme of vulnerability, and exposing a truth, she has completely beared all, and exposed her heart and soul to these women.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Glad you told me this, or I would not have wanted to try to solve it :star_struck:

One more big key symbol is the Orb above their heads on the ceiling, in direct opposition to the Skull on the ground. I believe this may symbolize the Dead loved ones soul. Thats why the (death?) date 1497, and persons initials are written on it: O.G.H (those dont appear to be the artists innitials)

Also in direct opposition to the Devil on the far left, is the Open Window or doorway where the breeze is flowing. One might take that to symbolize a souls departure to the heavens. Ghosts are often symbolized with drafts, or shifts in air in movies.

Tough to tell from the quality of the image, but it looks like at least one of the women is looking up at the Orb on the ceiling, while the other one is looking at the skull on the floor.

2 Likes

you are… BRILLIANT in solving mysteries!
glad that there are SO MANY to solve… hihihi and that some you just cannot solve but the path of trying to gather the pieces is high level FUN. you nailed it also! and… I found out something:

They didn’t have children after all… she could not bear a child… and perhaps this what the engraving is all about… I also read that the way he referred to his wife was not flattering at all (the name Durer died with this arranged marriage). Some rumors say that he was bisexual or homosexual…

There are some researchers who say that the meaning of OGF is “Oh God Forbiden” (translated from German), but I liked this possibility very much.

yes… from this vulnerability, Albrecht Durer captured it all, being one of the first artists to paint witches, and somehow “defining them” - according to Serenity Young (in her book “women who fly”, page 167) it seams that this engraving was indeed used in the witches association of nakedness to voracious sexuality (“uncontrollable women with super natural powers”), their sinister look also to being a witch instead of mysterious…

yes…

yes…

2 Likes

well I guess the weather in Northern Europe was very different from Italy, influencing the vibes of everyone, not just the women… hihihi :cowboy_hat_face:

@_Barry … I loved the piece of “A Goddess Appears”… the Presence of Love and Beauty… the most transformative power in the world… making men to turn fire into diamonds… lovely metaphor :brown_heart:

“sorry, my vines have a crush on you!” hihihi loved this silliness :heart_eyes:

good point.

yes, perhaps he took Venus as an inspiration to reveal his misfortune with a woman who could not give him children.

In Portugal we say that God is in the details…

yes, Albrecht Durer was one of the first artists to visually represent the ideology of demonologists.

2 Likes

Lol. I LOVE puzzles.

Miscarriage was one pf the things that came to mind when viewing this image.

I thought the same thing. These women are not sexy, this is not a sexual depiction, they look like men! It made me wonder if he had ever seen a naked woman before in his life!

Me too. And what still makes me think it is someone’s initials is because it is directly opposed to his own initials on the floor.

I don’t think these are witches, I may be wrong, but I will explain in the following post:

2 Likes