Mudras - Medicine Hands

So I did not use any due dilligence or resources to write the above posts. I wanted it to come from my own mind and intuition.

I just looked at the wiki article on it now, and was shocked to see some major parallels in the interpretations:

" The Four Witches (German: Die Vier Hexen ), or The Four Naked Women ,[1] or The Four Sorceresses [2] or Scene in a Brothel , are titles given to a 1497 engraving by the German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer."

He did not name the painting, the titles came from other people trying to nail down the meaning of the art.

" Although clearly erotic, a small horned demon, perhaps representing temptation,[5] i"

I disagree, its not erotic at all! The figure is Satan, or better yet, HADES. (This ties into the below interpretation):

There are lots of interpretations from the article I disagree with, so will post the ones that I think are accurate:

“The differing hairstyles and headdress suggests that the women are from different social classes;”

Agree. Cool coinicidence :wink:

" to Aphrodite (represented here by the woman to the right wearing a myrtle wreath)[1] and the Graces, the Three Fates,"

Bingo!

Another really powerful synchronicity with what we talked about above!

This is spot on, all except for the 3 Graces, I think these women represent the 3 FATES.

This was the last part of the puzzle for me that I struggled with, I could not understand the symbolism of the cloth, which I think is doing more than just coving up the woman’s genitals.

This completely explains the Cloth in the right older woman’s hands, AND it explains where the other 2 Fates hands are, the cloth touches or passes through the vicinity of all 3 of the fates, and if you look at where it ends on the floor, it is right next to the Skull!!! :skull:

The cloth ends right at the base of the young woman’s left foot, and at her right is the Skull. The cloth also is on the stage, and if you follow closely it back to its source, you see it is connected to the woman standing on the lower level on the right, and goes all the way up to her hair/headdress, like a spool of yarn! Its not a curtain or the drapes, it is directly tied to the Spinner (Clotho), like it is almost a part of her body or hair:

" Clotho (/ˈkloʊθoʊ/; Greek: Κλωθώ) or Klotho , is a mythological figure. She is the youngest goddess of the Three Fates or Moirai. In ancient Greek mythology, she spins the thread of human life,"

“her sisters draw out ([Lachesis]”(Lachesis - Wikipedia))

Clearly it is being drawn out by the 2nd older woman,( you wondered where their hands are), and the 3rd (Atropos) had already cut its length, and determined when the person would die, that is why she is looking at the skull and tail end of the cloth!:

" Atropos was the oldest of the Three Fates, and was known as “the Inflexible One.”[3] It was Atropos who chose the manner of death and ended the life of mortals by cutting their threads.[4] She worked along with her two sisters, Clotho, who spun the thread, and Lachesis, who measured the length."

Look at the funeral viel hat Atropos is wearing:

Her facial expression is Somber. And in the grieving process this is pretty much the end stage of grief, acceptance of what is, its FATE! Nothing can be done to change it. The facial expressions of the other 2 may also represent the other emotions tied to the grieving process:

This certainly could be tied to a personal death in the artists life, or his patron, or been a powerful symbol to illustrate a universal human expereince, or ALL of the above. :star_struck:

Thank you for this delightful puzzle my heart :green_heart:, it was a true gift
:gift:

2 Likes

The stage represents middle earth, or the land of the living. This is where the final Fate touches us all.

The lower level where the other 2 fates stand and Hades (the devil) represents the underworld.

The ceiling and window represent the upper world (heaven). And again I think the Orb represents the soul of the departed.

The hats of the fates are worth noting again, they definitely show who is the APLHA female of the group, with the distinction of upper and lower class headdresses.

The Young woman most definitely is a representation of Venus.
The source of all life.

This painting is so beautiful, if you can see past the sinister and dark aspects of it.

Life connected to death and death connected to life. Like 2 snakes devouring eachothers tails, they both feed off of eachother, and could not exist without eachother.

• Two-Headed Ouroboros Snake / SVG DXF EPS / Abstract double-headed snake in a circle ring eating itself / Infinity Symbol / Clipart Stencil image 1

Ouroboros symbol. Two entwined snakes, serpent eating its own tale. Detailed vector illustration, EPS 10

Ouroboros, snake eating its own tale. Two serpents, symbol of infinity. Detailed vector illustration, EPS 10

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=faaf42fe87de5d98&rlz=1CAGUZK_enUS1102&q=Ouroboros+2+snakes&tbm=isch&source=lnms&prmd=ivsnmbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM8InMkoqFAxWNFTQIHSUCATsQ0pQJegQIEhAB&biw=1366&bih=633&dpr=1

The Devil, or HADES, or DEATH, orchestrating the 3 fates, is another powerful contrast to Venus.

Venus VS Mars (PLUTO) energy, no?

:female_sign: + :male_sign:( :scorpius:) = 0 = :infinity:

(@_Barry s video I think sheds light this mathematical equation beautifully)

The artist I think brilliantly depicts this Karmic dance phenomena by having the 4 women standing almost in a circle, like they could all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

KUMBAYA ( Spiritual) Joyful Gospel

2 Likes

Part of my painting of SE Asia during the war . . .

2 Likes

sometimes we would sing this song in Tamera…
300 people in a room… it was EPIC… I love it…

brilliant. yes, either that, or in the 8th house :feather:

your interpretation of this painting is… incredible. congratulations beloved. I think you are super ready to create spiritual art… and it’s one thing you would love to convey to the world… (in case you are not already doing it).

loved that you allowed your self to feel it intuitively… AMAZING :cowboy_hat_face:

amazing… spirituality is everywhere and in places we don’t even imagine it to be.

3 Likes

Which country is it? Vietnam?

3 Likes

Appreciate you saying that. I think its time as well, thank you my Muse. :green_heart:

2 Likes

I had a good mentor :wink:

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thailand, Cambodia, Loas, Vietnam . . . . . .encased in a tail swallowing dragon . . . That was the war . . .

3 Likes

I may have completely missed the mark, but my intuition tells me otherwise.

I dont get :sparkles: :star2: :sparkles: tingles, my intuitive MO is I catch a scent, find the trail, and go in for the kill. So if I did solve your puzzle, now I have a puzzle for you to think deeply on:

If this drawing does represent the 3 Fates, then how does that tie into witchcraft?

2 Likes

I don’t have a clue… but I think you do…
wanna share?
hihihi

2 Likes

No my heart, lol, but I will give you a clue or 2… :wink:

In the states we have a saying:

They are “CUT from the same CLOTH”

If that clue doesnt give it away, than this one should:

“I see your eyes, I know…”

2 Likes

ok. I will give it a chance in the next days… with no rush I think I will get the hints and solve the mystery :star_struck:

you are an amazing exciting teacher! congrats…! I can learn a lot with you :pray:t3:

2 Likes

So… :slight_smile: I think I got, at least a strong point of view on this :slight_smile: and this is one of things I LOVE about a true piece of art and sharing about it - each person sees their own world in it and shares it, inspired in it.

For me, the fact that this engraving was done in 1497, his marriage on the 1494 and the date on the upper globe being 1491 makes me think and feel that this work of art was a deep vent from the author. I think he got to know that his wife already knew she could not bear a child and anyway married him. In his heart, for sure, this must have been a good reason to hate her for the rest of his life.

The hint of “made from the same cloth”, I would take it also as a vent from the author - these fates are like witchcraft in the ancient social meaning of that time - of being malefic - perhaps because they could anticipate truth and for sure, the truth is not for all… and for sure the information could be used in ways where people could misjudge and misuse it… but… that was part of that person’s fate and for sure not by chance - there was a deep lesson in it.

As for your hint “I know your eyes” it just got me looking at all the women, to feel that one is channeling because her eyes are rolled out, and the others are looking at the cloth and seeing all the information in it… but could not relate to associating it to the relation of fates with witchcraft.

So, now I would love to know your perspective :slight_smile:

I have learned a lot about these fates… did not know any of this. thanks beloved :rose:

2 Likes

I feel the same way toward you, and you are so wise and inspiring!

This is quite possible. Another interpretation that came to me last night, is that perhaps the Venus woman, is the woman who is dying, or already dead, how else would she meet the 3 fates and the Hades? I based this thought on the bone symbol, which I think was not put there by mistake, and is tied to the 2nd Fate (the one who measures out the length of someones life, or put another way, their length of bone, whether they die young or old). The length of that bone and the size of the skull indicate it might be tied to an adult human death, or the Venus woman herself (thus her defensive, protective posture with her hands and arms)

Bingo you nailed it.

These fates, in the Roman and Greek eyes, could be connected with via Oracles (or witches). The Oracle of Delphi, did these divinations in a cave, or the womb of the earth, which definitely is tied to the underworld. People came from around the world to have their future told, or their FATE told by these Sorceresses…

I was hinting at Clotho, the First Fate, who spins, or chooses what type of cloth someone will be made from: will they be Watery, or Earthy, or Airy, or Firey??? She decides the prodominant elements that make their personalities, and one might even go as far to say that this elemental make up, will influence the length of life, and how they meet their end.

These Occult Arts, like Astrology and Divination have long been viewed by outsiders as Witchcraft. Understandably so, if used the wrong way, or by someone incompetient, they can do a lot of harm to people.

3 Likes

the elements are SO important… I was contemplating on that the other day… how, in our development as human beings, the elements shape our behaviors and being - they “shape” our purpose in life…
example: a person with a lot of water, nurtures, embraces others, empowers others, it literally has the purpose of watering others :slight_smile: so that they bloom in full glory :heart_eyes: a person with air and fire, is full of visions, dreams and hopes, supporting others in this way… and a person with a lot of earth gives the fertile context/culture for the seeds to grow, develop and become the best version of themselves… :palm_tree: and in this atmosphere/ground, I share from the heart how deeply grateful I am for the context and culture we have here at NCC, so that we can blossom into being even more amazing dreamers and people :rose:

3 Likes

I keep practicing with the Kubera Mudra combined with the “I am a dream warrioress, I keep conscious and lucid in my dreams” sentence…

and…
after reading this article form Charlie Morley:

I thought the recommended practice was awesome and recited it during the awake state (I recite this mantra since 2005), and tonight I had an incredible lucid dream:
I recited Ohm Mani Padme Ohm in the lucid dream… hihihi… felt it in my whole body. I was able to say it, even though I was hearing my parents talking in the background as if they were there in my room. Before saying “Oh mani Padme Ohm”, I said to my mother “I love you”. It was amazing! Just woke up.

@NightHawk999 this was generated by the contact with Chelsea from NCC… it was one of my ideas of how they could support me to induce a lucid dream… but it must be another one then! yehaaaay! :slight_smile: thanks for being the bridge between us :heart_eyes:

PS: this morning, after a beautiful co-creation with my father in a domestic affair, I took the book “Preparing to Die” into the sun outside with me and… I randomly read page 251:
“Compassion and devotion are centered around love. Love directed “up” is devotion. Love directed “down” is compassion.” magic is in the air… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

YES!

It is so incredible, almost like our Elemental make up, is another word for our past KARMA. Its no wonder why the ancients believed so much of human life was predestined!

I have a great astrology book about each signs Karma I think you will like :slightly_smiling_face: :innocent: :kissing_heart: :green_heart:

These Mudras and Mantras are so powerful. Thank you for getting me to add them to my practice much more.

That articel was fantasitc, and Like Charlie says in it, what we do in the dream state is amplified 7 TIMES, so you saying the Compassion Mantra in the dream make it so powerful.

Anytime my heart, so glad thing are blossoming so soon, it goes to show you the power of this amazing Sangha.

:green_heart:

3 Likes

LOVE this quote, I am borrowing it for the treasure chest!

3 Likes
3 Likes

:heart_eyes:
my ego was reacting to this… blossoming so soon? I’m 50 years old and my devotion is immense for the last decades…!
then I remembered a lucid dream I had a few weeks ago where several people were giving me a birthday party… it was lovely and I had the curiosity to find my age. I asked, and the answer was brilliant: 12 :dolphin: Now, every time I remember myself that I have lived 50 springs on this planet, the dream comes to me and I just laugh and relaaaaax… hihihi It’s wonderful to be 12!.. hihihi…
and also my devotion is really a pleasure… there’s nothing else I wish to do… literally.
recently I saw a brilliant quote from Jim Kwik about this:

Inspired in this, I would write:
“Rise in love with your habits” :heart_eyes:

3 Likes