🍀 Nature's pharmacy

I am very interested in learning more about natural medicines, drugs, and herbs that have been time tested and used for generations. I feel that many of these drugs and treatments have been lost, ignored, or purposely buried.

Is it true that Willow bark is a natural pain killer if you chew on the inner bark of the tree?

The Caduceus of Mercury has become a common medical symbol in the Health care sector.

One theory is that it used to represent a stick to wind parasites around in order to pull them out of the body.

Another theory is the snake venom had medicinal purposes, and or pharmocological affects.

My one friends said he observed a Yogi in a remote forest mountain area in India trying to collect a wild cobra in a basket to take it to the temple (dedicated to cobras). At one point the man poured water into the cap of the container and let the cobra drink the water from the cap while he was holding the cap in his hand! then the yogi took a sip from the same cap. Then the yogi picked up the snake and pit it in the basket. My friend asked him why he drank from the same cap as the snake, and the yogi said it helped make him immune to the cobra bites…

I did not know that Horse racers in China and America have been busted for injecting their race horses with cobra venom, very fascinating.

At the end of this video they talk about the reseach that is being done with Copperhead venom, and how it may help destroy cancer cells and tumors.

I dont recommend anyone repeat the things done in this video. But I do find it mindblowing that there are so many unique forms of medicine that many people never hear about.

I have heard of Doctors using Bee stings to help slow the progression of parkinsons disease.

Please share any plants, herbs, animals, unique medical treatments, or anything else that uses the gifts of mother nature to help heal, prevent sickness, and promote wellness.

3 Likes

Looks delicious

3 Likes

" Calea Zacatechichi

A Mexican dream herb most famous for inducing lucid dreams belongs to the Oneirogens group of plants.

Parts to use: Dried leaves

How to Consume? It would help if you consumed it before bed, either internal in the form of tea or through smoking dried leaves.

Dosage: You can consume 5 gm of this herb for consecutive days.

Effects: Increase dreams frequency and responsible for more apparent dreams.

Taste: Bitter taste

Silene Capensis

It originated from the west coast of southern Africa and is famous as an African dream root.

Parts to use: Roots are used in dried or powdered form.

How to Consume? Best to use before bed, use it as an infusion.

Dosage: Add a small amount in cold water and drink it.

Effects: Intensify dreams and improves dream recall.

Taste: Bitter taste

Nymphaea Caerulea

It is famous as Blue Egyptian Lotus and grows in Egypt and certain parts of Asia.

Parts to use: Raw flowers are used.

How to Consume? Take in teas, extract or even smoke them regularly.

Dosage: You need to take care of in taking this herb because of its sedative property.

Effects: Improves deep sleep because of its sedative property.

Taste: Slightly bitter taste and intense.

Artemisa Vulgaris

A common name for this is Mugwort.

Parts to use: Leaves and flowers.

How to Consume? You can use it in the afternoon through smoking to induce lucid dreams in the night or increase LD duration; drink it before sleep.

Dosage: I teaspoon per cup or smoke same quantity.

Effects: Promotes vivid, lucid and prophetic dreams.

Taste: Distinct and bitter flavour in tea and floral taste in the smoke.

Heimia Salicifolia

It was used by ancient Aztecs and is called sun opener; it is a memory booster and helps people improve their memory recall.

Parts to use: Fresh leaves.

How to Consume? Use its elixir in small amounts.

Dosage: Add fresh leaves in cold water inside a jar and leave them in the sun for 24 hrs.

Effects: Responsible for vivid dreams and helps to recall forgotten memories.

Taste: Really bitter taste.

Although herbs can play a significant role in inducing lucid dreams, they work best to induce lucid dreams when used with other lucid dreaming techniques, especially the MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreaming) approach. Also, it would be best to research correctly before you start consuming any herb and use that in a moderate amount."

1 Like

@Bianca_Aga , I started this thread last year, not to many people seemed interested.

2 Likes

@NightHawk999

I originally posted this earlier today on “Article about Psychedelics”, but having watched 30 mins of this video its a really interesting lovely interview for understanding somebody’s “way in” to their spiritual path using plants. Aubrey comes across as having a lot of experience. And i remember this “Nature’s Pharmacy” thread you started, and i do have some more “Plant world” & “Nature Spirit” literature i could share here at a later stage.

I was 1st drawn to this picture that looked interesting.

And a link to this video im currently watching. i think you’ll like.

On the video there was a link to this site.

1 Like

Looking forward to reading about them. I have some more to post about as well.

I liked it showing the NA spirits, especially the one in the tree.

3 Likes

Never done before but its on my bucket list:

3 Likes

@NightHawk999
True story of Penny, who owns a vineyard and grows veg & flowers, finds herself having the ability to see & talk to the Nature Spirits and each plant Devas.

3 Likes
3 Likes

@_Barry
:joy: you spoilt my surprise! Where i was taking my thread.
Oh well :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I trained as a Waldorf School teacher, biodynamic farming and the like in the 1970s. At one school I worked at we paired with fairies and other spirits in our garden.

3 Likes

@_Barry

Ive not heard of before but sounds interesting.

That sounds amazing! What was that experience with fairies like?

After i read the Findhorn book early this year, i applied same techniques in my garden. Our climate is cold and windy. I was shocked when my veg growing went ballistic!
This photo is just one small sprouting broccoli plant grew to six foot high, produced 100s of flowers (covered with bees)that became these 1000s of seeds inside seedpods.
Funny thing though… it became so heavy i had to tie supports, waited for seedheads to ripen with intention to collect, but we had a storm after this photo and all the seeds flew everywhere. Next year wouldn’t surprise me if theres a field of broccoli :joy:

3 Likes

@NightHawk999 … Just finished watching all 3 videos you posted. (Lots homework). All very different. I like the 2nd one, another Aubrey Marcus. Did you watch the his video i posted? Have you seen his videos before?

Video 2. The experience of participant Max McCoy seeing a golden Buddha and the Dragon man also seeing the Buddha :exploding_head: sounded like my experience i told you about.

It makes me think of the Lotus Sūtra where 140,000 plus their 1000’s of followers sat at Vulture Peak

And if we were witnessing a past life (being just a following then).

Did you see this in the fire in video 2 ?

If i did it id want to in the Amazon forest where the Ayahuasca Deva lives. After watching Aubrey with his 100s of psychedelic experiences shows the importance of the right Shaman.

3 Likes

Loved reading this!

I think the more you open the more you realize there is a spirit or soul essence more things than most people would believe.

Science I think is slowly catching up to this realization. And if there is measurable communication taking place on the physical level, it begs the question what is truely going on on the energetic and spiritual levels?:

In one of the Ayauasca videos I watched, it said part of the ceremony was communicating with the tree spirit. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Very cool, can you sare the technique(s) you learned to commune with them?

3 Likes

What was the technique you learned from the book?

I did not know broccoli looked so beautiful:

One of my favorite vegtibles, if not the favorite.

3 Likes

I am not sure, I dont think so, still catching up on all the homework :rofl:

Very cool synchronicity. I definitely think these entheogens have a place on the spiritual path, but I think they require a lot of prep work before hand (Shadow work, meditation, etc).

The Amazon would be my preference too, however I would consider doing it closer to home, if the setting was in a forest and close to nature. Yes I think a qualified and reputable shaman is the most important part.

I would not want to do the experience in a group setting, it would have to be mono y mono with the Shaman, or with a few close friends I trusted and the Shaman. I think others bad trip, and bad energy can significantly harm your trip and expereince. Choose your flock wisely.

3 Likes

@NightHawk999 Very interesting 2 videos! In the 1st video i flinched when the knife cut the root tip :astonished: Their worm like crawl lost from the “decapitated” i noted the Scientist labelled their experiments.

How extraordinary the experiments to see if trees help each other out!

Totally agree!

After reading Penny’s true story about the plants and elemental’s at her farm, had me questioning the living in my garden.

In the 2nd video was shocked about the realisation of how important a mother tree in the forest supports the young, usually the tree chopped down, then the forest dwindles.

2 Likes

Things like talking to them, setting aside special places, stories and visualizations. 50 years ago, sorta forget stuff. . .

3 Likes

@NightHawk999

20231121_184851
Think you’ll enjoy this part of the story.

3 Likes