šŸ„‘ Healthy Foods

:avocado::carrot::kiwi_fruit::shrimp::squid: :green_apple::banana::pineapple:

Eating healthy is very important. I believe what you consume greatly affects your mind and body, along with sleep. Growing up, there were more than a few nights where if I did not cook, I didnā€™t eat, so I learned how to cook at an early age. With so much garbage in processed foods these days, simple cooking is a skill that is monumentally profitable.

Please post Healthy foods you think others would benefit from knowing about.
Broccoli
Broccoli Nutrition

One of my all time favorites is Broccoli.
It only takes about 5-7 min of cook time.
Boil a pot of water, drop it in, and let it cook for a few min.
:green_heart:
:broccoli:

4 Likes

Quick Tips: Microwave Baked Potatoes

I do this with sweet potatoes and big baked potatoes. I use a microwavable bowl, fill it with some water, then put potatoe in it.
Microwave this for 5min
Then flip potatoe upside down so dry side is in water now.
Then Microwave for another 2min

4 Likes

HOW TO MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS IN A MICROWAVE

Keep the yolks in, they are healthy.

3 Likes

Blueberry Nutrition

https://www.herbazest.com/herbs/blueberry

Not the healthiest food in the world, but if you are craving a sugary snack, this one is far vetter than candy or ice cream, and has decent vitamin C levels.

4 Likes

I bake a batch in the oven in a muffin pan, with all sorts of veggies and then use them for the week. . . .

3 Likes

UAU! Excellent topic :heart_eyes: I do have immense care with what I eat. And drink.
What I have learned in the last years, was to become more flexible, so that I can travel and feel ok in the world when Iā€™m not at home.
I had one master in this area who has already passed awayā€¦ but I remember what he once shared with me:
ā€œYou are what you eat at homeā€ā€¦ this simple sentence relaxed meā€¦ I do my best at home, and then allow the world to feed me also, even if itā€™s not that healthy or perfect. Who is perfect anyway? :slight_smile:
Having this said, be prepared to receive loads of simple healthy secrets!
Hereā€™s the first one:
WATER.

I do intermittent fasting every day, combined with eating three hours before going to sleep (around 7pm) and drinking one liter and a half of water in the morning until around 10 am.

The water is the one that from several experiences I have discovered to be the best for me.

I send information to this water everyday, inspired in what I learned from Masaru Emoto:
https://masaru-emoto.net/en/science-of-messages-from-water/
and learned how to produce quantum water, with Burt Goldman:
With my third eye touching the bottle, I say three times ā€œI LOVE YOUā€ to the water, then the affirmation I feel such as ā€œProfound joy of livingā€ and finish with a kissā€¦ plim! Quantum Water made from the heart.
I do this after drinking my daily water (around 10am), already preparing it for the next day with this information and care. I put it on top of a book, for the water to receive that energy also from where it is - in my room.
:ocean:
more soon.

I LOVE steamed broccoli. I have a funny story about thisā€¦ A friend of mine is vegetarian and her daughters are also veggies since ever. The first time they went to the forest, one of them said ā€œuauā€¦ so many giant brocollisā€ hihihi

sweet potatoes donā€™t match my stomachā€¦ :upside_down_face: even though I love them. I also rarely eat potatoes but when I do, my favorite is indeed in the oven :brown_heart:

yes! I eat an egg everyday, at least. with some special herbs for eggs, cinnamon and a tiny bit of Ashwaganda, to spice life up! :slight_smile:

and yes, sometimes I eat blueberriesā€¦ LOVE them and LOVE seeing how children eat them with so much JOY!

you have no idea of how may times I recommend my friends to do this: empower their children to start cooking at an early age, plus other things that give them a feeling of being useful and the great feeling of helping at home. This also demystifies the simple chores of life, which for many children, adolescents and adults, is like the ā€œboogie manā€, simply because of the parentsā€™ attitude of it being a burden. We have a saying here at home: ā€œWhen we all help, everything is much easierā€.

Thank you for this thread BB! You rock!

4 Likes

Smart man! Seems like a much smarter way than frying eggs for the week.

Natural Spring water is my go to. Have not tried the filters they have for home tap water.

I swear by fasting. Both intermittent and for longer periods when needed. Especially during times of bloat, inflammation, or pain in the body.

I have heard this is the healthiest ways to cook it, boiling It I think causes it to loose some nutritional value.

No, your Rock, dear Sister!

3 Likes

(cooking reduces some of the nutritional value)

https://www.herbazest.com/herbs/spinach

2 Likes

All fantastic recommendations! Also as important, if not more important, is where the food comes from. We are blessed to live near the regionā€™s major farmerā€™s market, and over the years have build relationships with the local producers, most of which are just regular people with space, time, and talent for gardening that produce enough to sell. So in summer we have fresh-picked greens and veggies, year-round dairy (milk and homemade cheeses) and chicken eggs/meat (yes I eat meat!), year-round root vegetables, all locally sourced. Look out for commercial and non-local produce: pesticides and mineral-depleted soil are a major concern, as are hormones and antibiotics in meat.

3 Likes

Delightful spinach recipesā€¦ I have learned many years ago, with Jean-Claude Rodet, that spinach eaten frequently is not good for people with the tendency to have stones in the kidneys (like meā€¦ my diet is based on that for almost thirty years now), I rarely eat spinach and yes, when I do, I LOVE IT!

indeedā€¦ highly important!

this is the best. I also have developed such a relationship since 2005, until recently (two years ago) I found out that the nearest major supermarket, because of all that work in the last decades, has come to have it all there. Itā€™s so much easier nowā€¦ I am so grateful and proud - we have more and more Portuguese organic producers that are spreading their goodies all over the country.

yes, this is also one of the things this supermarket has: grass fed cow and chicken meat - the BEST! There is also a farm near by that sells ā€œHalal Meatā€ (you can read about it here What is halal meat? - BBC News), where the animals are highly honored and revered in their time of death. For me, grass fed cows is enough and a huge blessing in my life, and the lives of many neighbors who all together have manifested these possibilities.

Also with the meat, itā€™s great to have rosemary and other herbs with it.

Togetherness with resilience, makes the miracles happen!

3 Likes

Today I share a VERY simple and yammi recipe I learned with my father.
His version used to have white wine and sugar, but since a few years now, itā€™s JUST the pippin apples in the oven:

They donā€™t look so good but they are the best for this (when well matured the taste is of a very unique sweetness), and for all kinds of sauces.

I take the seeds out with this:

Put them on a platter and into the oven for 15-20 minutes (depends on how ripe they are).

(oven is pre-heated 10 minutes before at 180Āŗ and this is the same temperature for when they go in)

Et voilĆ”. Bon Apetit! :cowboy_hat_face: :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:t3: :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

So True!

This is a big blessing and great advice!

Also love that it economically supports small producers, rather than Giant land owners like Bill Gates

I would also add that the types of fertilizers used in mass produced may also not be the best for health.

2 Likes

LEMON JUICE
&
LIME JUICE

Lemon vs. lime: Differences in nutrition, benefits, and uses.

Thank you for saying this truth, many leafy greens can cause kidney stones, but there is a way to combat this:

LEMON JUICE
&
LIME JUICE

The high citric acid in these helps break up the build up of stones in the kidneys and keep them clean.

This is doctor recommended.

2 Likes

wonderful to know! anyway, if I know something is not really good for me, I tend to stay awayā€¦ thank goddess there are SO MANY other possibilities!..

what a delight! thanks for sharing :ok_hand:t3:

today I share something, that if you donā€™t know yet @NightHawk999 I think you will like the knowledgeā€¦

this is the photo of my friend Basil who lives in our kitchenā€¦ I have two more vasesā€¦ I eat it daily - with eggs, in sauces, with cheeseā€¦ hmmmmmm I LOVE it
this is the best herb for having clear INTUITION :herb:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this. I dont eat any basil, sounds like a perfect addition for red sauce and for eggs
:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This super-common cheese might actually be a superfood

3 Likes

We used to get Yak milk-based Swiss cheese in the Himalayas.

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s good, because I eat tons of cheese (local producer, made with their own home-farm milk)!

4 Likes

Not a cooked spinach guy from the days of Popeye forced feeding . . . .
Uncooked ok in a salad.

3 Likes

I think you will (literally) LOVE one of my secrets that I share todayā€¦

Itā€™s cLOVE (see the love?) hihihi

I eat one - raw (organic), almost every morning (when I feel it). I chew it and love the feeling of freshness in my mouth (what I do everyday before that, is scraping my tongue - since I started doing that in 2011, my emotional life has improved immensely).

I know the taste is very peculiar, but once you do it for a week, you jest get used to it and learn to truly appreciate it:

Here are some really good reasons to do it:

Cloves Nutrition

Cloves contain a lot of manganese, a mineral that helps your body manage the enzymes that help repair your bones and make hormones. Manganese can also act as an antioxidant that protects your body from harmful free radicals (unstable atoms that cause cell damage).

Cloves are also a great source of:

Nutrients per serving

One teaspoon of cloves has:

• Calories: 6
  • Protein: Less than 1 gram
  • Fat: Less than 1 gram
  • Carbohydrates: 1 gram
  • Fiber: 1 gram
  • Sugar: Less than 1 gram

Theyā€™re a great source of beta-carotene, which helps give cloves their rich brown color. Carotenes, a family of pigments, act as important antioxidants and provitamins. Carotene pigments can convert into vitamin A, an important nutrient for keeping your eyes healthy.

Benefits of Cloves

Some health benefits of cloves include:

Lower inflammation. Cloves contain many compounds known for their anti-inflammatory properties, with eugenol being the most important. Itā€™s been shown to reduce your bodyā€™s inflammatory response, which can lower your risk of health issues such as arthritis and help manage symptoms.

Fewer free radicals. Cloves are full of antioxidants, including eugenol. Antioxidants help your body fight free radicals, which damage your cells. By removing free radicals from your system, the antioxidants found in cloves can help lower your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
(source: Cloves: Health Benefits, & Uses)

2 Likes