PREMONITIONS, PROPHECY, and INTUITION (in dreams and wake life)

I have been journaling my dreams consistently for a little under a month and have seen massive improvement (especially in my dream recall and memory).

I have no doubt the indications in your dream will start to pop up frequently. If the dream is extremely vivid and real, but makes very little sense, try to get as many details from it as possible.

Andrew said in one or two of his videos that I recently watched that ‘psychic powers’ are not gifted, but rather EVERYONE has access to them, we just have to remove the mental clutter that is clouding the mind from its natural state. I thought that was a really powerful statement, and it corresponds directly to my experiences over the past 5 years when I started meditation. The more open I became, the more the synchronicities and intuition grew.

1 Like

I’ve been journaling for about four years but it was insomnia and a possible cure that led me to one of Andrew’s courses on Dream Yoga. Didn’t have a lucid dream for about 4 months but now average about one every 4-5 weeks, despite only recently getting a handle on insomnia (maybe). I do use Galantamine a lot, so that helps my memory—not necessary lucidity. I have taken to dictating what I remember each morning into a MS Word document because it has good accuracy and I’m practiced enough to edit effectively when I finish. I just don’t go back and read or reread about my dreams enough, but there’s always tomorrow, eh?

1 Like

Last month I had this dream during a Saturday nap, I had been up really early and was exhausted by noon. I thought I would try and practice becoming lucid doing a WILD, but failed. However the dream and subsequent events were pretty cool:

I was walking around a buddist church/Temple where I had done a meditation with a monk a few years back right before covid wiped out the first amendment.
The inside was very dark, but the sun was shinnning enough through the shades to illuminate the prayer area. It was all a shaded blue color, from the lack of light. I was walking around barefoot. Had taken my shoes off as was custom as a sign of respect. There were no people inside. The inside did not look its typical self. It looked like the inside of a Cathedral with rather large cut stone blocks as the walls. I walked outside through the side door and realized the outside looked like a Christian Cathedral too.
Then before walking away I realized I had left my shoes inside, and rather than walking around the front and getting my feet dirty and then going back into the temple, I walked back through the side door.

End Dream

I woke up and took that dream as a sign that I should go and check out the local Buddhist temple/chruch and see if they had started to allowed meditation practices again.

I rode my bike over. Took a wrong turn and went up the driveway of the property next to it. I had never been up this path before and it revealed a Christian Church with a very similar style architecture as my dream. I was very impressed that it was so similar to my dream.

I went next door to the correct location. Inside the temple was empty, like in the dream, it was around 4pm on a Saturday. But the kitchen area had 2 ladies and 2 monks. I asked them and they said they would be offering the Tuesday night meditation again starting in late June.

I thanked them and left.

As I was getting ready to leave, I saw a man who had crossed the busy highway and was walking in my direction toward the parking lot. He was about one to 2 blocks away from me. I rode my bike over to him and was immediately shocked that he was wearing the almost EXACT same hat as I was (a Chicago bulls hat that was black and red, mine was all red). He was Asian and middle aged, and it did not seem like a typical hat that his demographic would wear. The hat I was wearing I had not worn in over 9months. So I took it as being a very significant sign.

I told him I liked his hat.
He laughed.
We made small talk.
Then I told him about my dream.
That is when he reached out his hand and introduced himself. I shook it and did the same.
He said he was one of the guys that helped at a few temples in the area. We talked a little bit more, and I asked him the same questions I asked the people inside. And he gave me pretty much the same answers. I told him what the government did to the temples and churches and places of worship during covid was criminal, and he agreed.
We talked some more. Then we said good bye, and I told him I look forward to when they would be fully up and running again.

Not 100% a prophetic dream, but the synchronicities coupled with the vividness of the dream I had, made me think there was more at play than just pure chance or coincidence.

1 Like

What a great gust of wind for your sails!

You might be surprised to see what people wear all over the world—frequently, logos of long-gone teams or of long-cancelled TV shows. I remember once visiting a Tibetan Lamasary in Nepal with a doctor who was there to examine a high Rinpoche. When the Rinpoche opened his robe to have his chest examined I saw he had a Mickey Mouse T-shirt on, which I thought was quite funny.

Yeah I was pretty amazing. Because the images were not Identical to the dream, I am still a little skeptical, but I understand now that the translation from the dreamworld is rarely perfect, more important are the core messages and themes.

Yes i agree with this. However, I also think it is worth noting that many salvation armys and Goodwills will donate clothing to other parts of the world, as well as Big corporations like Disney, Nike, etc.

In my neck of the woods I do not see people wearing Bulls baseball caps very often, it is a rare sight to be honest, even thought I am in the Chicagoland area.

He is a homeowner (I know because he complained about the taxes going up big on his house), so I do not think he got the cap from a second or 3rd hand means, but it is definitely possible. I dont think he was a monk, more of an Administrator for a few of the locations in the area. Now I have an additional question to ask him next time I see him:
“Where the hell did you get that hat from?!?!?”

1 Like

Don’t know if you watch TV or have Hulu or FX but I just saw a show about a Chicagoland restaurant "The Bear’ that I can recommend as worthwhile. Nothing to do with Dharma or dreaming that I can see, just entertaining from my vegetarian working-class perspective.

1 Like

I will have to try to catch an episode. Dont have Hulu, and have so many books that I am reading 25+, that my tv time is almost non -existent. But will try to catch an episode.

How long have you been a vegetarian for?
Have you found it helps with your meditations/ Spiritual work?

1 Like

If you have TV, it’s on FX. I’ve been meatless since '94. Not sure how much it affects spiritual life but I feel that it hasn’t hurt. My wife still eats meat occasionally and is way more spiritual and advanced than I am.

1 Like

So to follow up, I went to the temple yesterday. There was a morning meditation class in english that was supposed to take place. But some of the Monks had caught covid the week prior so it was cancelled. A monk there said I could go inside and meditate, even thought there would be no class that week. There was about 3 other people inside. I did a Tanglin meditation for the monks there that had gotten sick, hoping they would get better. About 5-10min later, a monk walked in, did a silent meditation in front of the statue, and then got up and gave a short teaching.

It was very meaningful to me because they had said that the class was cancelled, but still came in and offered words of wisdom.

He left, and so did the ohters, I stayed for about another 10min meditating. Then left, hoping I would see that monk on the way out to thank him. He was no where in sight.

I got on my bike to ride home and had an insight to take a new path, and try to see if it would be a short cut. On the way there was a park with a small lake. I went down to the water and enjoyed the sun for a few minutes. It was a really beautiful day. Then I continued on my way home, thinking to myself, the next time I go to the temple I need to tell the monks about this beautiful location. Circling around the bike path of the lake, when I was getting ready to get back on the rode, I saw way off in the distance the golden robe of a Monk walking. I rode a few blocks distance around the lake to see if it was the same guy who did the meditation.

Turns out it was!

I was pretty blown away by the synchronicities! I asked him what his favorite quotes were and teachings were of the Buddha and he told me. We talked for about 20min. The coincidences were pretty eerie and inspiring. I gratefully thanked him for the meditation and for the teachings.

I think it goes to show you the power of following your intuition and the power of intention. I had been intent on thanking him in my mind, and was disappointed that I was not able to say thank you to him at the temple.

Its really crazy how things end up aligning in this world.

1 Like

Had to post this dream while it was fresh on my mind:
Last night:

Was in the porch/patio of a bar restaurant. It was a bright sunny day outside and the patio was shaded. Woman came by with a new born baby, I asked her if I could hold the baby. She handed the baby to me and was surprised by how small and beautiful and precious the new born was. Then my mother came in and asked if she could hold the baby. I gave the baby to her and tried to feed it some mashed potatoes, over her shoulder, but the baby did not want to eat.
Then I tried to teach it words of ‘Dada’ and ‘Mama’. After a few times of repetition the baby repeated the words back to me. In the background faintly playing, was the song by Max Richter: On The Nature Of Daylight. [has anyone seen the opening scene of the movie Arrival??] This was the last dream of the night.

Then I woke up.

The vividness and the strong positive emotions of the Dream really left a mark on me. I made sure to write down as many details as I could in my dream journal.

A few hours later in the day, I got a message from a family member telling me that my cousin had just had a baby girl. She was born prematurely at 4lbs and a few ounces, but healthy and ok.

1 Like

A second dream that I had in July went like this:

I Was riding on horseback in a park area, with some large open grassy hills and some small wooded areas that was also possibley someones really large back yard with trees and a small shallow stream that the group of riders crossed in two spots. I was behind the group for most of the ride, and at some points I got off the horse and led it on foot.

I woke up the next day and having not ridden a horse in years, was invited to join a friend for a ride!

While we did not cross a stream, we did cross a bridge that had a very small stream barely flowing beneath it. We also crossed over a drainage area.

The horse I was riding was the slowest of the group, and fell behind the others, just like in the dream!

1 Like

I had a dream last week that I was arguing with a Librarian at the library. She was trying to fine me for a book that she said I returned damaged. I was trying to tell her that the book was damaged before I checked it out, but she would not listen.

The other day I went to pick up a book from the library formthe first time in over 3 months. When I sat down to read it, and opened the cover, there was a sticker glued to the book inside on the first page. It read that this book had been previously damaged by water.

Pretty cool. I was very amazed by the ‘coinicidences’

1 Like

this interview is very good:

The Power of Integral Dream Practice With Dr. Fariba Bogzaran

Join the artist/scientist and elite lucid dreamer Fariba Bogzaran in a rigorous and heartwarming exploration of the wonders of the nocturnal mind.

1 Like

Amazing interview. A real treasure. She’s given me the motivation to go back over my last two, three years of writing down dreams, most of which I can understand, despite my poor handwriting. I’ve never had a pre-cognitive dream, although I did have one that awakened me minutes before a disaster, so maybe that qualifies. Can’t believe how rich this dialogue is. “I try to have one highlight each day!” She even mentions the importance of dream sharing with family, which provides welcome reinforcement for the work of our excellent Dream Sharing Group. The only interview in this series that I have ever listened to again right after the first hearing.

1 Like

I have been rewatching Andrews videos on Dreams of Light, and in them he brings up this interview with Fariba Bogzaran several times and Andrew also said it was one of the best interviews he did all year! I would have to agree with you both, definitely a real treasure. I love the part where she says some dreams can take 6months to a year of full analysis to truely unfold and unpack all the depth. Very insightful!

I would have to agree with you both. Fantastic! I was not expecting her to bring up and mention Premonition dreams, so that was a very nice surprise. She also said that her mother had a premonition dream that ended up helping Fariba. It is very meaningful for me to see how many people on here have mentioned these types of dreams.

I believe they are far more common place than people realize. I also believe that you @_Barry have had them, but they may be disguised in metaphors in your dream journal. Do some good detective work and analysis, and it would not shock me if you unearthed a few.

Things to look for would be dreams that were more vivid than usual, and or had or left you with a very powerful lingering emotion. These dreams have a unique texture and vibe that is difficult to put to words, but have the ‘i know it when i see it’ feel to them.

Last night I prayed and asked subconscious to send me a meaningful dream of something it wanted to communicate to me. aimwas shocked with the reply. Not sure if it was a premonition dream or not, but had similar texture, and also had another key feature: I woke up with a song playing in my head that I had not heard in years Beyonces Halo. I am not a big fan of hers, and have never jammed out to that song, but I think it is pretty good. In the past with premonition dreams, this has happened: Left with a strong emotion, meaningful song playing, and a very strong desire to find a pen and paper and write the dream down as fast as I can!

I also listened to part of B. Alan Wallaces Interview last night before bed. Forgot most of it, but I really liked what he said about meditation in the beginning. He also mentions having premonition dreams in this interview:

What Does It Mean To Say Reality Is A Dream With Scholar-Practitioner B. Alan Wallace [#11]

Had a dream this week where I was in a college classroom, it was empty of people and no teacher around. In the front of the room was a very large and very wide chalk board, but it was very high tech. Difficult to describe, but the board would remember the writting on it, and if it was erased, the chalk inscriptions could be reloaded, like a computer bringing up a saved picture, but in physcial chalk form.

On the board was a technical chart of the S&P500 index, with candle sticks and lots of lines for the moving averages and technical indicators in different colors.

There was also a handprint with 3-4 orange magnets that could be placed all over the board.

I woke up thinking this would be a really cool invention, kind of like alien technology, that could manipulate the chalk into any configuration.

That evening I watched an episode of Mad Money with Jim Cramer. He did an off the charts segment of the show with Carolyn Borodin. In doing so, he was standing next to a giant interactice computer/tv screen, anaylyzing multiple images of the Dow and S&P500, with their technical indicators in different colors just like in the dream! He was also drawing on the board, which may have been what the hadprint with the orange magnet markers represented

Not sure what the message was or major take away was from the dream, but I know there has been much talk about a recession hitting the economy in the frist 4-6 months of 2023, and that translating into losses for Dow and other major averages. While some think the markets will rally into year end, most are cautious about what January will bring.

I am also reminded of one of my favorite lines from the Big Short:
[for] " "Every one percent unemployment goes up, 40,000 people die “”

This article gives an explanation for why that is:

"The actual figure in academic research is a 37,000 increase for each percentage-point rise in the unemployment rate. It comes from a book called “Corporate Flight: The Causes and Consequences of Economic Dislocation” by Barry Bluestone, Bennett Harrison and Lawrence Baker.

“Corporate Flight” was published in 1982 and mainly had to do with companies moving operations overseas. I couldn’t reach Bluestone, Harrison or Baker, but last week I was able to contact Wade Thomas, who teaches economics and business at SUNY Oneonta and who quoted those figures in his own co-written 2005 book called “Economic Issues Today: Alternative Approaches.”

Here’s the paragraph from Thomas’ book that applies: “According to one study [the one by Bluestone et al.] a 1 percent increase in the unemployment rate will be associated with 37,000 deaths [including 20,000 heart attacks], 920 suicides, 650 homicides, 4,000 state mental hospital admissions and 3,300 state prison admissions.”"

It is kind of crazy that this recession is a fed induced recession. But its my understanding that the logic behind this is the evil caused by this hands on approach, prevents a much greater evil that would be cuased from a hands off approach (like the Great Depression).

1 Like

Just a caution about correlation and causation not necessarily being the same thing—which is a fundamental principle of statistics. The History Channel has a good consumer analysis of the causes of The Great Depression, noting many factors, some governmental, that seemed to have contributed to it. Some are eerily present today. Full disclosure: I’m not an expert in economics but I did take a course in High School ('61) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good point. I think the big take away frommthe research is that a sick economy, has a very high correlation to increased sickness and death of its constituents.

1 Like

In general, people today live longer and there is less starvation and other maladies than in ages past. The average person in poverty has more today than some of the richest beings from a hundred years ago. Worldwide, it is a different story in many places. Spiritually, however, it’s still a wasteland. It all depends upon one’s perspective.

1 Like

I think you are absolutely right. It would not shock me if it is at its lowest levels in ALL of human history.

Have you read Robert Waggoners book recently? I know you mentioned that you have not had a precognitive dream before, but I think you have and have not noticed it.

Might be worth reading chapter 14 and 15 again. In there he talks about methods of becoming lucid and actively creating a premontion. One has to do with predicting the lottery. Another, he talks about getting Lucid, and then conjuring up a large silver bowl, turned upside down. You ask the dream a question you want answered, and then reach into the bowl and pull out a piece of paper with the answer on it.

Because you are consistenly lucid a few times a month, might be a cool experiment to test out the next few LDs you have.

1 Like