šŸŽ Steve Jobs

Hello All,

I havenā€™t been around for a while due to a particularly nasty family bereavement. I came across this.

Allegedly the last words of billionaire Steve Jobs, who died at 56:

ā€œIā€™ve reached the height of success in the business world.ā€ In the eyes of others, my life is success.

Apart from work Iā€™ve had little joy though.

After all, wealth is just a fact I got used to.

Right now, laying on my hospital bed, remembering my whole life, I realize that all the gratitude and wealth in which Iā€™ve taken so much pride, has faded and become meaningless in the face of looming death.

You can hire someone to drive your car or make money for you, but you canā€™t hire someone to be sick and die for you.

Material things lost can be found again. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost: Life.

Whatever stage of life we are at right now, with time we shall face the day the curtain closes.

Love your family, spouse, children and friendsā€¦ Treat them right.

Cherish them .

As we get older, and wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a watch is $300 or $30, both come the same time

Either we have a $300 or $30 wallet or purse the amount inside is the same.

Whether we drive $150,000 car or $30,000 car, the road and distance are the same, and we arrive at the same destination.

Whether we drink a $1000 or $10 bottle of wine, the hangover is the same.

That the house we live in is 100 or 1000 square meters, loneliness is the same.

You will realize that your true inner happiness does not come from material things of this world.

Whether youā€™re traveling first class or economy class, if the plane breaks down, you crash with itā€¦

Therefore, I hope you realize, when you have friends, brothers and sisters, with whom you discuss, laugh, speak, sing, speak from the north-south-east or heaven and earth,ā€¦ This is the real happiness!!

An indisputable fact of life:

Donā€™t educate your children to be rich.

Educate them to be happy.

When they grow up, they will know the value of things not the price.

5 Likes

Great thoughts, no matter what the source . . . .

2 Likes

Agreed, materialism is meaningless as kabir said

Many have died; you also will die. The drum of death is being beaten. The world has fallen in love with a dream. Only sayings of the wise will remain

3 Likes

. . . and good deeds.

3 Likes

I truly feel terrible reading something like this. The afterlife is not a place to learn these things but I hope he found peace in his final moments.

This resonates deeply with me. There are two moments in my life where I truly would have turned down a trillion dollars. One was when I was researching the philosophers stone and I was playing frisbee with my pupp. She slid out (she was very intense when it came to fetching her frisbee) and I saw a stone get uncovered where she slid. Walked over because I recognized right away it was the quartz that is all over the property. As I went to pick it up I saw a little bottle next to it which carried symbolism of alchemy.

A physical representation of what I had been researching (the philosophers stone) had manifested in the back yard. It appeared at a time when I truly felt I understood and began using what I learned. To me the philosophers stone is the mind and not an object. Turning bad thoughts into thoughts of love, peace and forgiveness, I concluded, was real transmutation.

I have since given the stone away after thanking the universe, fully understanding the philosophers stone is not a physical object, it is within. No one can take away what is within. If what @NightHawk999 said is true about charging stones this one was placed in the right hands.

The other time this happen for me is when I began seeing synchronicities of demons and the devil in my presence. I had a beautiful conversation with a contractor at work in which I was being fully open and honest about what I had been seeing. I told him I believed I am meant to be here at this time to fight against what had finally manifested in my presence. I did not say the following but I believe my higher self had been watching and waiting since I was 5 years old for that particular moment in time. The reason I say this is when I was 5 years old my step-father died of a heroin overdose which I later found out was a suicide. The night he died I saw the devil in my dreams. A premonition and the day I lost my innocence. This was me on the day of his funeral.

Then a couple days after talking to the contractor and going through a seriously intense series of fear inducing synchronicities I got a letter in the mail from the school of Archangel Michael. That night I went to work and the contractor was there again (another synchronicity) and I had the letter in my car because I got the mail right before going to work. I ran to my car, grabbed the letter and told him some things are worth more than money. Then I told him ā€œI wouldnā€™t take a trillion dollars in place of what this simple letter means to me.ā€

I lightly cried, we hugged it out and I moved on. Those to me are the kind of things that are eternally worth more than money or any materialistic object.

Thank you for the beautiful post, I think it is one of the best Iā€™ve read on the forums to date. Welcome back! :heart:

:alien::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::alien:

3 Likes

@mbready Thanks for thew welcome back comment it really means a lot to me. I agree with everything you have said and empathise a great deal.

I work in IT but I see people following what Steve Jobs did before his realisation. I cannot help thinking that a number of my colleagues, especially in sales will end up in this position which is very sad. Chasing the number (how much they have made from sales) every month and nothing seems to get in the way of success, in their terms. Success = wealth is something I do not subscribe to and I firmly believe this leads to misery as realisation strikes.

Hopefully Steve Jobs has been born into a more spiritual place.

Thanks and much love, Steve

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/UF8uR6Z6KLc He talked a lot about death in this speechā€¦ā€œBecause almost everything ā€“ all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure ā€“ these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.ā€

3 Likes

OUTSTANDING !!!

Very wise words from a visonary who put the eyes and ears of God in the palm of mans hand.

Yoking humanity is no small accomplishment. Love it or hate it, I believe because of Steve, the world is a safer place.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jessica , I have not seen this before and shows that it was more gradual than I suspected. Probably something I need to work on, as itā€™s obvious he was aware and my assumption is flawed.

Thanks and much love

Steve

3 Likes

Hi @NightHawk999 , I work in IT and Appleā€™s security conscious approach is definitely a more protective mindset. I work with Microsoft products in the office but my preference at home is Apple. As a seasoned IT professional (30 years) I think it says lots around IT security. Thanks for your thoughts

Thanks and much love

Steve

2 Likes

I think itā€™s hard to say. I have been fascinated by him, how someone so aware and creative, revolutionary, etc. could also be so mean and arrogant and unaware. This interview with Walter Isaacson, who wrote his biography, really speaks to all that paradox within him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JkrlVhs_0

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been an Apple fanBoy since the 2E and have owned most of its products since thenā€”too many still in the basement! I even worked at a local Apple Store where stories about him were part of the fabric and were often cautionary tales about doingā€”or not doing ā€”this or that. I really liked the movie with Michael Fassbender, based upon the Isaacson book.

2 Likes

I agree with you and @_Barry , I think Apple is the best house in a shady neighborhood.

I will add though that security and privacy are both an illusion, especially when it comes to the digital world.

Jim cramer says own Apple dont trade it, the only other stock he has added to that list is Nvidia (NVDA)I agree with him on both companies. They are both hyper inflated right now, best to wait for a 10%-20% sell off, before dollar cost averageing in.

Glad to have you back in this amazing Sangha!

2 Likes

Really great quote!

I only saw the two movies about his life, so not sure how accurate they were, but the part about him and his daughter rubed me the wrong way for a long time.

When I meditated on it deeper, the insight came to me that perhaps he was so cold to her to help protect her.

The Power players in this world love nothing more than to find human weaknesses and exploit them, whether its the Mob or Politicians (some people think there is no difference between the two), the Apex preditors at the top are nothing to take lightly. My guess is Steve came into contact with all sorts of monsters, and possibly his way of protecting his daughter was to let them think he viewed her as being disposable.

1 Like

Not a Cramer guy but when I worked at Apple, and believe it is still a policy, employees could buy stock at a much reduced price (I didnā€™t :upside_down_face:). Now several splits later, quite a profitable employee incentive.

Check out ā€œPirates of Silicone Valley,ā€ a TV movie depicting the rivalry between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Really worthwhile.

My daughter and I used to attend The MacWorld Expo in NYC for the years they had it there. It was as good as it gets and always overflowing with a lot of games and free stuff and dazzling Apple productions.

2 Likes

A lot of people are not, but his predictions and wisdom are very valuable. Took me a long time to appreciate his knowledge and not judge him off of his ego, which can be a little abbrasive.

Will check out the film, I didnt know they were such heated rivals. Part of me wonders if it was all just ā€˜political theaterā€™, the other part of me cant fathom what nasty cut throat games the two must have played in the fight for the top of the mountain.

2 Likes

:laughing: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.

I agree that the digital world is neither secure nor private. I liken it to Swiss cheese, full of holes.

Thanks and much love

Steve

2 Likes

Oooo thank you! I would like to check that one out, just seeing the previews of the Ashton Kutcher one made me say out loud ā€˜Oh no, Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave,ā€™ I know it was a snap judgement on my part without actually seeing it, but I found it ironic that a perfectionist would have that movie made about him

3 Likes

Me tooooo! And what an interesting insight you had. Humans can be so complex.

2 Likes