What are dreams? - a liminal insight

In a liminal phase this morning, the following insight popped up from nowhere:

“Dreams are made of reified patterns of organisational principles of the indivdual mind.
The sequential illumination of the mind of these organisational patterns reifies them as dream objects by means of emotional attribution and forms our dream experience.”

I’ve been reading lately “The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep” for the hundreds time (with great pleasure), so there might have been some karmic seed ripening in this morning’s liminal phase.
Another interesting part is that together with this insight there were reified dream character examples which de-reified while holding the insight…

2 Likes

Have you listened to the audiobook? It is narrated by a woman affected me in a different way. I wonder if you had that experience?

2 Likes

Hey Barry, actually no, I don’t have the audio book. That could be quite an interesting experience, though, since I had the great pleasure of attending several of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s retreats and teachings, so when I read his books, I kind of associate his voice with what I read. Could be interesting to see how it feels to get the teachings relayed by a different voice…

2 Likes