🐍 Animal Communication

I know this is a very crazy topic, but the deeper I dive into the spiritual texts and journey, the more I am becoming a believer.

Here are a few great videos that provide an overview:

In this Buddha at the Gas pump video (I think Andrew has been interviewed by this guy too) the interviewer mentions Buddhism and that the ability to communicate with animals appears in its texts??? Anyone know where?:

He was vague and did not go into detail. I am wondering if anyone on here knows of any Hindu or Buddhist texts that address this topic?

Would also love to hear about any members that have had experience either communicating with animals, and/or with animal communicators

Please share your experiences.

King Solomon in the bible was rumored to be able to do this.

So was St. Francis of Assisi

Would love to know any other historical figures that you know of with this gift?

3 Likes

I bring up this topic because it involves Meditation, and Emptying the mind (having an Open mind), when trying to send and receive telepathic images.

I have not been able to receive any messages, but, I have had a few unique encounters practicing the techniques.

One of my first experiences was with a pair of swans in a forest preserve. I had never seen them out in nature before. It was early spring. I came across a couple by a wooded pond/slough, taking pictures of something. As I walked closer I realized they were taking pictures with 2 swans on the shore. I did not want to disturb the couple, so I waited for a few minutes, hoping they would take the pictures, and leave.

The woman was trying to get closer and closer to them, and squatting down, she slipped and fell on the mud. The swans spooked a little, moving closer to the water edge and the (assumed) male got in the water. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, I walked forward thinking they were going to scare the birds away before I had a chance to try to communicate.

The couple had a small pug dog with them, that was walking off its leash and eating grass, peacefully, not bothering anyone or the swans. I said hello to the couple quietly and then tried to focus on the birds and get into the meditative state.

I slowed my heart rate, and tried to connect on a deeper level. Within 20-30 seconds I was shocked by what happened next. The dog began walking toward me and stopped at my feet sniffing. The guy yelled at the dog and said “leave him alone, get over here”

The dog did not listen.

It did a circle at my feet, and then sat on the ground and lay down at my feet. I was really shocked. Thinking it was just a coincidence, but really blown away at this behavior, I continued to try and go deeper into the meditative state and connect.

(I think the birds picked up on the guys frustration) Because the other swan walked into the water joining the male, and both starting to paddle away and once they got deep enough, graze on the pond vegetation.

The couple left. Once they were gone I tried again to get into the meditative state. Not sure exactly how long it took but in about 3-5min, the female swan starting to swim back closer to the shore line, and then walked back up where I was, about 10ft away. The male stayed out on the water, but paddled in closer a little more.

I was dumbfounded. Coincidence? Twice? I was starting to think maybe not.

Then the male came onto the shore and joined the female. I was blown away. I mcouldnt get any messages from them (i figured my mind was still too cluttered), but the experience is something I will never forget.

Crazy, I know, but I thought I would share, because I feel in doing so, it may make others who have had similar experiences come and share theirs as well. I have a few other experiences, that I look forward to sharing another time. Hoping any readers of this, will read with an open mind, and an open heart. I truly believe in the power of meditation, and it is a lifelong discipline, that only becomes more and more refined with time, and practice.

The book where I first read about this stuff was called STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH by AMELIA KINKADE.

If anyone has read any other books on the topic, or have other resources, I would love to hear.

2 Likes

The first film “Real Wild: Animal Communicator” is a film by Craig Foster who as you know was the subject of and provided the filming background for the Netflix movie “My Octopus Teacher”. In a set of interviews that I can not seem to find now, Foster talks about his theory-sense that early humans who gathered at the tip of South Africa evolved their communication systems to attune to other species. He cited one of his earlier films “The Great Dance: a hunter’s story” (Watch The Great Dance: A Hunter's Story | Prime Video) was being a part of this theory that he first picked up from African hunters.

3 Likes

I’m not particularly in tune with nature but I did have an experience a few years ago in Nepal that has stayed with me. We were about to go to a far-off shrine and were waiting for a car to pick us up. I noticed two baby owls in a building a few feet away and on an impulse, waved to them. They bowed down, Then I bowed down, surprising myself. They did it again, so I bowed twice. I was shocked when they bowed twice, as well. Got some photos and a movie clip, but not of that exchange, which went on a almost a minute. My wife was an onlooker and laughed at the exchange, but not in a bad way. Not a big deal, but really fun.

3 Likes

I did not know that! Really appreciate you telling me, really looking forward to checking it out.

I think it is a really fascinating theory, and the ‘documentation’ they left behind seems to support it:

Not Africa, but Chauvet France. (Hope you like this carving as much as I do @_Barry )

Its my understanding that the oldest cave art in Africa, and in most continents, is of animals.

Is it a coincidence that most of the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses had animal heads?

Will have to check out this video as well. I am very fascinated by the Tracking techniques that they did in the video in the OP, I truly believe that they are 10,000+ years old.

It begs the question, before humans had language to communicate, how did they communicate?

How do Dream Characters communicate?
(its my understanding that they do not move their lips???)

2 Likes

Love that story, there is a reason they were the favorite Animal of the Goddess Athena (Wisdom personified).

I hear them all the time when I go camping. Often If one starts hooting, and I whistle their tune, Another from off in the distance will join in on the ‘chorus’. And sometimes even a 3rd, LOL.

They are spectacular beings.

2 Likes

Really great interview:

“We are all cells in the body of God, we are cells in God’s brain, as are all the other living beings”
-AK

2 Likes

Not the craziest thing I have heard happening at CA libraries. Glad to see the public support, and people trying to integrate this skill into communities.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this topic and Anna Breytenbach’s work, I watched a scene in which a group of Baboons that were considered aggressive were calm with her and even played with her hair. The way she describes being calm and tuning in with them reminds me of the state I’ve been in during moments of connecting with anxious animals. That calm state feels the same as the one I’ve been in when connecting with toddlers I’ve just met or people with severe mental illness. I can’t always access that state, but when I do, it is a true gift. Regarding your question about similar experiences, I was walking in the woods in NH and wondering about my life path. I thought maybe I should do something more mainstream than works on the subject of death. Then, in broad daylight, and owl came through the woods and looked right at me for a while, right into my eyes which was intense. I was brought to tears. Seemed like a reminder to stay on the path / stay authentic even if it’s a strange one. I even had time to take a picture, I wouldnt normally do that but it felt right. I will see if I can attach it.

3 Likes

Can go on for hours . . .

2 Likes

Very cool story and picture to boot! Owls are magical beings, I love them! Seems like your channel of communication is not a one way street. Glad to see the owl, beautiful BTW, helped guide the way :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hopefully years, and if the right seeds are planted, generations.

You want to heal the planet, start teaching this kind of stuff in schools. :earth_africa: :heart_decoration: :earth_americas:

2 Likes

Been doing that at Waldorf schools since the 1930s

2 Likes

Yeah I love that scene too, the serenity is almost palpable on her facial expression.

I really love that you shared this, I know exactly what you are talking about, that calm connection I think is where the Peace of God lies.

You remind me of one of my favorite memories:

A few christmases ago, the family was sitting around the table, getting ready to eat. There were not enough seats, so I told my cousins wife, who had a newborn (2month old) baby, to take my seat, and let me hold the baby while she eats. The baby was sleeping in her arms. She was hesistant, and told me the baby was really “fussy”, but I insisted. I sat on the couch with the baby sleeping in my arms, and got into that calm state.

My Aunt (the grandmother) was shocked! She couldnt believe the baby didnt wake up and cry, which was typical for her. She kept telling my father to go look at the baby in the other room, and every time she told him that I replied to her from the other room, “Dont tell him, he will wake the baby”. After about 5-10min of that, he finally came and looked, and like a bull in a china shop, said something (not unkind) but enought to stir a little anxiety in me and break that clam state. That baby picked up on it immediately and started crying. :sneezing_face:

I will never forget that day as long as I live.

It taught me from birth we all can pick up on the vibes around us and are deeply connected to the energies of people (and ALL living beings). Unfortunately, I think we are conditioned to disregard it pretty fast.

This is awesome, so happy you shared this, huge sysnchronicity, I had something very similar happen with an owl 2 nights ago. I was laying in bed, with my windows wide open, and had a deep and very meaningful thought, and right after that a great horned owl starting hooting outside. I took it as big confirmation, “let the universe be your tarot cards”.

That fact that such a powerful being connected with you during that moment of questioning is a true gift. The eye contact and connection and the fact that you had time to even take a picture to rememeber and share and inspire others is really meaningful.

Owls have a long history of being tied to death, the spirit world, and the supernatural, across many, many cultures:

" The owl spirit animal is emblematic of a deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. If you have the owl as totem or power animal, you’re likely to have the ability to see what’s usually hidden to most. When the spirit of this animal guides you, you can see the true reality, beyond illusion and deceit. The owl also offers for those who have it a personal totem the inspiration and guidance necessary to deeply explore the unknown and the magic of life."

“Symbolizing a deep connection with wisdom and the nocturnal, the owl spirit animal represents knowledge, intuition, and the profound mysteries of life. Owls are known for razor sharp vision and keen observation, thus, if the owl is your totem or spirit animal, you’re likely to have the ability to see below the surface — that which is usually hidden to most. You can distinguish reality from fantasy and go beyond superficial appearances”

" Owl symbolism and meanings include wisdom, intuition, supernatural power, independent thinking, and observant listening. The mysterious owl has been a subject in the mythologies and folklore of cultures around the world for centuries. After all, owl species exist on every continent except Antarctica. So, people around the world are familiar with these special birds"

2 Likes

Amen.

The association with death can be both literal and metaphoric for ego death, or ego tranformation.

Being able to see the authentic path amidst the darkness is a very powerful gift.

Typically takes 2 to tango. I think the most authentic communication takes place when both parties are open and genuinely expressive.

3 Likes

Our neighbor . . .

3 Likes

Gorgeous, what species? Barred Owl?

2 Likes

Dunno . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :owl:

2 Likes

Looks like it might be a Spotted Owl or Barred Owl

They look nearly identitcal from the back, my guess is it is a Barred owl, based off of the horizonal white lines on the back feathers, they look more bar like, then sporadically spoted

2 Likes

!!! Wow. Synchronicity is my favorite. And what a great message to “let the universe be your tarot cards.” Thank you for sharing these articles and pointing out these quotes, the part about seeing what is hidden to most makes sense and makes me think of the Frank Ostaseski quote about death being the “secret teacher, hiding in plain sight, helping us to discover what matters most”

3 Likes